Phil Harper its now up to you

Remove this Banner Ad

bigman

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
We now are in a delicate position coming to the end of the year when a number of our players need to be re-signed.

Some of them need to be signed asap to ward off un wanted interest from Vic and elsewhere.

Talia and McKernan are two keys.

Taylor Walker is another. Vince another.

There will be others.

Lets hope he can add some years onto some ofthe othe boys contracts - Patty; sloaney; etc.

Then there are more contentious ones like Maric. Has been good in last few weeks but each year for a period of time he seems to go missing.

We need to work out where our list will be in 2012 and 2013 going forward.

Where we will be in the next few years will be dependent largley on the work of Phil and how good he is in placating each players demands up against the reality of the salary cap and the needs of the club.

Interesting times ahead.

If we play it well we can set up ourselves for some sustained success in the next 2-5 years.

I certainly hope Phil is up to it. He could make or break us this year more than any other.... Throwing crazy money around to keep blokes here is the quickest way to sink the club with free agency coming.
I hope anyone who doesnt want to be here gets traded and players who want to stay here get contract extensions so we can have a settled list for the new coach...
If we have to bottom out, next year is a good year to do it for many reasons. Cop the pain now

I certainly hope Phil is up to it. He could make or break us this year more than any other.... Throwing crazy money around to keep blokes here is the quickest way to sink the club with free agency coming.
I hope anyone who doesnt want to be here gets traded and players who want to stay here get contract extensions so we can have a settled list for the new coach...
If we have to bottom out, next year is a good year to do it for many reasons. Cop the pain now

2 points:

- I thought i read somewhere that all clubs now had to use 100% of the salary cap?

- unless we lose Walker etc during the trade period, IMO we will finish somewhere between 7th - 11th in 2012 and i would be disappointed if we cant make the 8 (if we have a normal injury count).

2 points:

- I thought i read somewhere that all clubs now had to use 100% of the salary cap?

- unless we lose Walker etc during the trade period, IMO we will finish somewhere between 7th - 11th in 2012 and i would be disappointed if we cant make the 8 (if we have a normal injury count).

I said that at the end of last year. Don't get your hopes up. We still have a long way to go.

2 points:

If Danger and Tippett for example get eyeballed by the new coach about there intentions after next year and both say they will be going home... Do a trade now.... For the blokes who want to stay, extend there contracts... If that means we end up with some exceptional young kids but lose Davis, Tippett and Danger, so be it.....
And as you said, we would be borderline 8th to 11th anyway as we were.No big loss. Take the hit now and end up with 2 probable top 5 picks at the least in a bumper draft year in 2012....

If Danger and Tippett for example get eyeballed by the new coach about there intentions after next year and both say they will be going home... Do a trade now.... For the blokes who want to stay, extend there contracts... If that means we end up with some exceptional young kids but lose Davis, Tippett and Danger, so be it.....
And as you said, we would be borderline 8th to 11th anyway as we were.No big loss. Take the hit now and end up with 2 probable top 5 picks at the least in a bumper draft year in 2012....

What do you do in the (probable) situation where Danger and Tippett say that they haven't thought about what they want to do in their next contract period, but for now are committed to playing for the Crows. Do you cut off your nose to spite your face?

We now are in a delicate position coming to the end of the year when a number of our players need to be re-signed.

Some of them need to be signed asap to ward off un wanted interest from Vic and elsewhere.

Talia and McKernan are two keys.

Taylor Walker is another. Vince another. done

There will be others. Otten

Lets hope he can add some years onto some ofthe othe boys contracts - Patty; sloaney; etc.

Then there are more contentious ones like Maric. Has been good in last few weeks but each year for a period of time he seems to go missing.

Where we will be in the next few years will be dependent largley on the work of Phil and how good he is in placating each players demands up against the reality of the salary cap and the needs of the club.

Interesting times ahead.

If we play it well we can set up ourselves for some sustained success in the next 2-5 years.

Phil has started his work.

Keep going Phil:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Talia and McKernanyes now talia Phil are two keys.

Taylor Walker is anotherYes. Vince another yes.

There will be others.

Then there are more contentious ones like Maric. Has been good in last few weeks but each year for a period of time he seems to go missing.may not be able to be saved it seems

Interesting times ahead.

well done Phil. Only some key boys to go - Gunner and Talia and a few others. Keep the good work going once more.

Assuming Talia & Gunston also re-sign, then, my aim (and it depends on the projections in our salary cap), would be to go full steam to extend Dangerfield & Tippett's contracts.

If necessary, why cant we simply copy Visy's contract with Judd (for a lesser amount) with Toyota or someone (eg how about making them AAMI stadium ambassadors for the next 2 year :) - after all, if Port can get millions given to them by the SANFL (money which indirectly comes from us!) then we should get some payback too. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol

You would argue that 1+1=3 in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary before ever admitting you were wrong...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back