Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Phil Walsh murdered by his son!!!

<Moderator Warning>
Be mindful of what you post in this thread given the circumstances.
Anything deemed unsavoury will be dealt with harshly.
If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say it.
You've been warned.
<Moderator Warning>

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil Walsh stabbed to death this morning by his son

Edit: Keep all related posts in here please.
Also be mindful of what you post given the circumstances. Anything deemed unsavoury will be dealt with harshly.

Last edited:
Phil Walsh stabbed to death this morning by his son

Terrible, terrible news. Unprecedented in the AFL. Crows game might have to be postponed or even cancelled and both teams given 2 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could they abandon the entire round and give everyone 2 points do you think?
I think it's something the AFL should consider. They could just void last nights game. I would hate a weekend without football but in a way I'm hoping the AFL makes that decision to take the pressure off individual clubs to have to make their own decisions.

Sydney would have to forfeit 2 points in that scenario. Can't see that happening.
I don't think under the circumstances the two points would be a real sticking point. ultimately though the question will be asked, if last nights game is voided, have Buddy and Tippet really served their one match bans? It gets messy pretty quickly doesn't it.

I think it's something the AFL should consider. They could just void last nights game. I would hate a weekend without football but in a way I'm hoping the AFL makes that decision to take the pressure off individual clubs to have to make their own decisions.
I think they should cancel this round, I don't think you can play football this weekend but that's just my opinion I guess, really shoyuld be up to the players and coaches to decide.

I think they should cancel this round, I don't think you can play football this weekend but that's just my opinion I guess, really shoyuld be up to the players and coaches to decide.
I agree and disagree. I agree the round should be cancelled. I disagree it should be up to the players and coaches as they will feel obliged. I think the AFL should have the kahuna's to take the decision away from the clubs. Cancel the round. Cricket stopped for two weeks after Phil Hughes died. I don't see how the AFL can expect players to front up to a game less than 24 hours after this news has broken.

I don't want to be disrespectful, but of the current players, it's really only Port Adelaide & Crows players who have played under Phil Walsh that would be greatly affected by his tragic death. With Port having already played their game, it leaves Adelaide players who this would have an impact on as far as being able to play and or perform. Players from all other teams observing a minutes silence and wearing black armbands in respect would be suffice. Much like when Dean Bailey passed away earlier this year while assistant coach at Adelaide.

I don't want to be disrespectful, but of the current players, it's really only Port Adelaide & Crows players who have played under Phil Walsh that would be greatly affected by his tragic death. With Port having already played their game, it leaves Adelaide players who this would have an impact on as far as being able to play and or perform. Players from all other teams observing a minutes silence and wearing black armbands in respect would be suffice. Much like when Dean Bailey passed away earlier this year while assistant coach at Adelaide.
It's a tough one. I think it's a given that the crows game won't go ahead. I just hope that the rest of the round is not left up to the individual clubs. The AFL should make a decision one way or another, and I think they will. Fox sports reporting that the AFL is meeting with the AFLPA and coaches association during the course of the day and will advise the outcome of those talks early this afternoon.

5 years as assistant coach at WCE, Port assistant and played 122 games at Collingwood, Richmond and Brisbane also, that's a third of the clubs directly affected. I can't see how they can play this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back