Rumour Phil Walsh to Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Losing Phil Walsh would be a massive kick in the guts.

Unsurprising too; Crows would be doing everything possible to bring some of our magic pixie dust IP to their club.

Coming from Caro too. Goddamit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it happens, good on him. Taking a senior coach role at any club is a huge step up for his career and I couldn't blame him for taking it. Sucks for us though, quite fond of the guy, although I have full faith in our staff to replace him appropriately.

However, this is all still strictly hypotheticals and there's been some ridiculous claims flying about, so we'll just wait and see.

If it happens, good on him. Taking a senior coach role at any club is a huge step up for his career and I couldn't blame him for taking it. Sucks for us though, quite fond of the guy, although I have full faith in our staff to replace him appropriately.

However, this is all still strictly hypotheticals and there's been some ridiculous claims flying about, so we'll just wait and see.

Nah * him if he goes. Team before individual.

#PAFC4LIFE

It's the disruption to our footballing department and loss of IP which would be the biggest blows. Right as we're set to elevate the strength of our personnel to the top echelon, we'd be needing to hunt down another (effective) senior assistant.

KT and Kochie have more important ventures to see to than searching for another midfield coach.

BUT if it does come to fruition, just look at how we dealt with Richo's departure; we poached a quality recruit in Shaun Hart within a month and took our on-field and off-field performance to a whole new level. I've got no doubt we'll do similar again irrespective of losing a line coach, provided the KKK triumvirate is steering the wheel.

Been my (on again off again) suspicion for a while that they woukd have a dip at offering him top job. They went after him last year when he came to us.
Again as a senior assistant late in the year.
And again recently... maybe this time they upped anti.

Arghh if he goes he goes we'll replace him, would seem a strange move from his background and age.

Edit: Has he ever applied for Head Coaching jobs before, i thought i read somewhere once he preferred support, strategy & assistant roles etc. i could be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back