Rumour Phil Walsh to Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to Clarkson?

Ah, never mind, you can be happy that you are spending seven figures on a bloke that never held ambitions to become a senior coach in the first place.

I ain't even mad

Until a few days ago most of them didn't even know who he was or, at the very least, didn't know what he looked like. Now it's suddenly the coaching heist of the century.

LOL. I guess success has a different meaning to both our clubs as well. 3 more wins to us would've had us level with Sydney and Hawthorn, so your s**t argument is s**t. And you're still incompetent because while we lost to top eight teams in North, Sydney, Richmond, Fremantle and Essendon, the Crows managed to lose to such luminaries as West Coast at home (who we beat away), Carlton (who we flogged twice) and Melbourne.

Better hope your old mate Gillon rigs the draw again so you get to play Gold Coast at home and St.Kilda, GWS twice for the third year in a row...

The Crows as an 'incompetant basket-case' as some people have put finished 11-11, 2 All Australians, a player finishing 4th in the Brownlow and the highest average crowds in the league.

Port had two 3 win seasons in a row.

The Crows as an 'incompetant basket-case' as some people have put finished 11-11, 2 All Australians, a player finishing 4th in the Brownlow and the highest average crowds in the league.

Port had two seasons in a row.

And those two seasons netted us Chad Wingard and Ollie Wines.

Thanks for coming.

Yeah, not sure if Hawthorn would do that. I guess we'll find out when they make the actual announcement. Bolton also may be the one to take over from Clarkson when he wraps up. The angry ant gets taken over by Mr Happy

As for Cameron being hated by Port fans, well that's just a bonus isn't it!

Who is Cameron and why do I hate him?

Leon Cameron?

Thank you for identifying yourself as one of those Adelaide posters so early on. Now, off to Bay 13 you go.

Walsh had a near death experience in 2012. His wife had severe health issues in 2013. Thats the reason why they moved back to Adelaide - to be near their kids who grew up in Adelaide and set themselves up here. Walsh was happy to stay working at West Coast but his missus wanted to be near her kids whilst she was getting treatment.

Walsh could have gone to thd crows 12 months ago. He would have got more money then - he was sounded out. When you get a 300%+ pay increase you cant begrudge the bloke. I hope does well but at 54 he knows he only has a short time left in the game if this doesnt go well.

Last edited:

Don't worry...the pain is coming. We finished with 10 wins in 2010. Just wait until the expected bounce doesn't happen, Dangerfield pisses off as a free agent and Thompson retires. But hey...you'll have the highest average crowds in the league :)

And we had one 3 win season and one 5 win season, thankyou very much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh had a near death experience in 2012. His wife had severe health issues in 2013. Thats the reason why they moved back to Adelaide - to be near their kids who grew up in Adelaide and set themselves up here. Walsh was happy to stay working at West coach but his missus wanted to be near he kids whilst she was getting treatment.

Walsh could have gone to thd crows 12 months ago. He would have got more money then - he was sounded out. When you get a 300%+ pay increase you cant begrudge the bloke. I hope does well but at 54 he knows he only has a short time left in the game if tthis doesnt go well.

Stop being reasonable.

Thank you for identifying yourself as one of those Adelaide posters so early on. Now, off to Bay 13 you go.

Well whatever one of those 'Adelaide posters' is.

What annoys me is this narative that the Crows are a basket-case. The Crows have been poorly run with the Tippett fiasco and even poorly coached but have still managed reasonably respectable 'down years' in spite of all this.

I think I've highlighted some things a lot of clubs would be proud of even in a relative good season.

Kool story, Hansel.

So incompetant that 3 more wins would've had us level with Port...

I guess rock bottom has a different meaning to both our clubs. Give me Adelaide's 2010-2014 over Port's 2008-2012 anyday.

The crows.....existing to play finals.

Says it all really.

Until a few days ago most of them didn't even know who he was or, at the very least, didn't know what he looked like. Now it's suddenly the coaching heist of the century.

Very true. Port have known Walsh for a very long time and known him very well but they didn't offer him a senior coaching position before we went on our search for Hinkley.

At the end of the day, Walsh is an unknown as a senior coach. We don't know how well it will turn out and that's what crows supporters need to be thinking about.

I must be honest, I wasn't liking much his return to us. Others were ecstatic but I wasn't however he seemed to have fitted in ok. So I'm not so bothered by him leaving.

Walsh has had a playing career of moving from club to club so I'm not surprised.

Last edited:
Well whatever one of those 'Adelaide posters' is.

What annoys me is this narative that the Crows are a basket-case. The Crows have been poorly run with the Tippett fiasco and even poorly coached but have still managed reasonably respectable 'down years' in spite of all this.

I think I've highlighted some things a lot of clubs would be proud of even in a relative good season.
Any danger of not de-railing this thread with useless statements about your clubs honourable mediocrity for the past number of years?

Don't worry...the pain is coming. We finished with 10 wins in 2010. Just wait until the expected bounce doesn't happen, Dangerfield pisses off as a free agent and Thompson retires. But hey...you'll have the highest average crowds in the league :)

And we had one 3 win season and one 5 win season, thankyou very much.

My bad...

The crows.....existing to play finals.

Says it all really.

You haven't done anymore than that for 10 years either.

Kool story, Hansel.

So incompetant that 3 more wins would've had us level with Port...

I guess rock bottom has a different meaning to both our clubs. Give me Adelaide's 2010-2014 over Port's 2008-2012 anyday.
Give me a recent premiership like ours. Unlike yours when beta recorders were still in vogue. Give me a well run football club like ours rather than your rabble. Pi** off back to your own board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back