Toast PHIL WALSH tributes 2 years ago... in the words of the great man. GET THE JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

We got the job done.

As for PD, he has every right to comment. As much as I dislike his decision to leave he gave everything he had and was a massive reason we got where we did.

But its not about him, its about how we did what we needed to do today on what was no doubt a tough day.

Thanks PW, hope you're enjoying what you helped create.

Shame he had to cheapen the occasion by commenting. Nothing to do with you Dangerfield.
I dislike the fact that he left and walked out on those who made a pact to finish together what they started with Phil. However, he is affected by this as much as any other player on our list. He loved the man as much as any player at our club and his devestation was as evident as anyone else's especially after that game against West Coast in Perth. He had every right pay his respects in the way he thought appropriate.

I dislike the fact that he left and walked out on those who made a pact to finish together what they started with Phil. However, he is affected by this as much as any other player on our list. He loved the man as much as any player at our club and his devestation was as evident as anyone else's especially after that game against West Coast in Perth. He had every right pay his respects in the way he thought appropriate.

And we reserve our right to finish the job and shove it up him and the rest of the merry men down in Geelong if we do accomplish the miracle :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger had every right to comment. He was one of the guys who showed the most emotion after the West Coast game last year, clearly showing how much Phil meant to him.

I don't like that he left and he is the enemy now but I saw nothing wrong with him commenting.

Loyalty, integrity, courage, stubstance. Dandgerfield and Walshy should never be spoken of in the same sentense.

Really that's such a poor comment. For seven years Dangerfield represented the Crows with distinction. His effort in the finals for a bloke that knew he was leaving was exceptional, he gave his all.
Sure be upset that he's left but he had his own reasons for leaving. The drafting process gives the player no say in where they start their careers,
Dangerfield was a great servant of the club.
Now he's gone he's the enemy and I too like seeing his team lose, but you can never question his courage,integrity and substance.
Get over it, he was a fine player for us.

I know that this thread is about tributes for Phil and the impact he had on us all in a short time period, but this article from Ashley Porter is amazing - http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-of-phillip-walshs-death-20160701-gpwbj2.html

He singles out Emma Bahr who continues to work so tirelessly for our club while she herself was also and possibly still is grieving.

"Along with distraught staff, they filtered into the Crows' West Lakes headquarters, and greeting them was club player welfare manager Emma Bahr. Consumed by incomprehensible sadness, the grieving process intensified, and 12 months later she is still meeting staff and players privately one-on-one.

Bahr's continued support made her an obvious choice for a special club person award last September, but it was her pouring of remarkable emotional strength on the AFC family that fateful morning that will remain the most crucial step in the uncompleted, long journey."

But this I didn't know and I suspect many others around these parts didn't either. After that press conference on the day of Phil's death - "Upon completion of the conference Chapman asked the members of the media to remain as the room was being cleared, and to cease recording. He asked us if we also would like to receive counselling. In all these years or reporting, never had there been knowledge of such an offer while covering a story; the thought that the media could also be affected."

While this has been a horrible tragedy for Meredith and the Walsh family and friends, the way our club has responded has been nothing short of amazing and makes me incredibly proud to support this club who not only considered the immediate football family of a club, but also the wider football community that Phil was able to connect with.

See nothing wrong with Dangers post! He loved the guy - probably more than we did based on the fact he actually knew him! Would love nothing more than for Danger to watch from the sidelines when we lift the cup, but have also watched Gunston lift it a few times now.

Anyone catch Tex on MMM?

He was saying in the melee at half time against Melb last year (Vince vs Judas), Thommo was on the bench. Walshy comes downstairs, looks at Thommo and tells him to get in there. Thommo doesn't want to risk a fine, Walshy says he'll pay it and off Thommo went to ragdoll some Melb players.

Fine comes in during the week, Thommo drops it on Walshy's desk, and he pays for it.

What a legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back