Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Aug 3, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Mate, if you hadn't already jumped the shark once I'd accuse you of jumping it now. There is no reasonable way to make the argument that defence was a strength of our team under Kelly. Bizarre ramblings about Foles don't get you out of that hole.
I do believe that you said we had the best defense in the nfc at some point during the 2014 season.
Accusing me of making bizarre ramblings about Foles is a bit rich coming from the guy who thinks he is still a capable nfl starter.

Dec 8, 2009
Sunshine Coast, QLD
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Philly (Eagles, Flyers, Sixers)
http://igglesblitz.com/2016/08/lane-johnson-suspended/

It doesn't sound all bad.

Especially the fact his first suspension was for Adderall which is now off the banned list.

Sounds like B test needs to be done first before anything official.

Yep, B Test needs to be done.

Also if it goes ahead, he's appealing, as it seems to be for something he sought permission for first. Dunno if it was or not, but it doesn't look like he's een stupid about this

Aug 3, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
So with lane getting suspended, this means that alot of his money on his contract is not guaranteed. It sucks that we have not played against starting calibre players in the preseason (steelers qbs, indy corners), or that Wentz got his ribs injured. Has anyone actually watched the preseason games from start to finish?

Aug 3, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Real story is Paul Turner. Please give the kid a roster spot. How can you not love him.

His only knock is physical attributes. But he runs crisp routes, has great hands, gets open in zones (his good hands make up for lack of separation in man) and has now shown he can contribute in a big way on ST.

He's probably last WR on the depth chart, and only a slot guy but I just like him.

Last edited:
2013: Lane Johnson, Ertz, Logan, Barkley, Wolff, Kruger, Poyer, King (3/7)

2014: Smith, Matthews, Huff, Watkins, Hart, Reynolds, Allen (1/7)

2015: Agholor, Rowe, Hicks, Shepherd, Evans, Mihalik (1/6)

Chips drafts. Reds are not on the roster anymore. Blue is starter (5/20).

News coming out is Rowe is being shopped around. Probably think max we'd get is a 4th.

Marcus Smith is roster bubble. Same with Hart. Same with Agholor tbh.

Watkins and Allen are decent depth guys.

Such painful viewing.

Main thing is the two picks directly after Marcus Smith ... Deone Buchanan and Kelvin Benjamin. Would love either of those guys right now

Aug 3, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
The worst of all those pick was Marcus Smith, not because of how he panned out, but because he was a panic pick when everyone on their early board was gone, he was projected to go in the 2nd iirc. I think its too early to grade Agholor, he was battling a high ankle sprain last year and those injuries really effect WRs. Having said that, his propensity to drop the ball is a big red flag.

I think the one that hurts the most is losing Maclin, given how good he is, the fact he wanted to stay here, and how bad our WR crew currently is. I really hope Pedersen brings alot of Reid qualities, because the players loved playing for the fat man.

Back