Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Nelson Agholor ladies and gentleman:

landscape-1472139651-star-trek-ng.gif

Jokes aside, I hope he bounces back, it sucks for everyone involved with the eagles if he is not playing well.
His poor play takes attention away the absolute whiff Mills had on the 72 yard td to start the scoring.

Nelson Agholor ladies and gentleman:

landscape-1472139651-star-trek-ng.gif

Jokes aside, I hope he bounces back, it sucks for everyone involved with the eagles if he is not playing well.
His poor play takes attention away the absolute whiff Mills had on the 72 yard td to start the scoring.

to 'bounce back', one must have previous highs to bounce back to...Linda has this one covered for mine;)

Philadelphia Eagles to promote Paul Turner; Doug Pederson offers injury updates

Philadelphia Eagles to promote Paul Turner; Doug Pederson offers injury updates

21007756-mmmain.jpg

Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Paul Turner (80) before an NFL preseason football game against the Indianapolis Colts in Indianapolis, Saturday, Aug. 27, 2016. (AP Photo/Darron Cummings)
Email
By Aaron Kasinitz | akasinitz@pennlive.com
Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Jalen Mills' finger wag: Why he does it
All Stories

Paul Turner's finally going to get his shot.

The Eagles signed the underdrafted practice squad wideout to the active roster this week in hopes of bolstering production from a lackluster receiver corps, head coach Doug Pederson announced Monday.

To make room on the 53-man roster, the Eagles cut cornerback Aaron Grymes.

Turner, a rookie out of Louisiana Tech, shined in the preseason and captured the attention of fans across Philadelphia by grabbing an NFL-best 17 catches in four exhibition games. He also made an acrobatic catch against the Steelers and returned a punt for a touchdown in the preseason finale.

While Turner has spent the season on the practice squad, the Eagles' wide receivers have struggled to make a positive impact on games.

Those issues re-emerged during Sunday's 26-15 loss to the Seahawks, when 2015 first-round pick Nelson Agholor committed two costly gaffes.

Turner, a lightly-touted 5-foot-10 pass-catcher, will aim to alter the complexion of an offense desperate for more weapons. Only one Eagles player, Jordan Matthews, ranks in the top 100 in the NFL in receiving yards.

Eagles' Nelson Agholor apologizes, Jordan Matthews explains how he can clear mental hurdle

I need to find a way to let go of my mental battle and focus," Agholor says.:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

INJURY UPDATES

Pederson updated reporters Monday on the status of several injured players.

Running back Darren Sproles suffered a fractured rib late in the first half Sunday but should be able to play Monday against the Packers, Pederson said. The team will hold Sproles out of practice early this week to allow him to rest.

Fellow running back Ryan Mathews is day-to-day after missing the second half of Sunday's loss with a right knee injury. Pederson said the team will re-evaluate Mathews later in the week.

Cornerback Leodis McKelvin, meanwhile, is in the NFL's concussion protocol, according to Pederson. McKelvin left Sunday's game in the third quarter, and rookie Jalen Mills replaced him.

And finally, Pederson said right tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai suffered a Grade 2 MCL sprain in his left knee, an injury that typically takes a few weeks to heal. Left guard Allen Barbre will slide over to play right tackle, and Stefen Wisniewski will step in with the first team at left guard.

That's the same offensive line configuration the Eagles used Sunday after Vaitai went down with his knee injury in the fourth quarter.

The only thing going for Agholor, which is why the coaches give him opportunities, is his route running. Look at the route on the dropped pass. Left Sherman going the wrong way. His intermediate route running is actually very good, just his hands and brain let him down

Those players also produced amongst the drops. There's no reasonable comparison.

I feel bad for Nelson on a personal level after hearing how he's struggling. The coaching / team's doing him no favours by feeding him to the sharks and giving him so many snaps at this point.

Just watched our second consecutive unnecessary roughness play on a defence that's conceded points every game to the bum assed Bengals.

Pederson shouldn't survive this. We're crap, effortless, without any semblance of skill, and undisciplined.

What could you say that the coaching's done well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I think you're right Jatz, however he has made so many play calling mistakes this year, not to mention the team playing garbage and getting a lot worse lately.
He's definitely been far from perfect - some of the play calling has been completely baffling. He still probably gets another season or two.

But the team is mostly garbage - we knew that before the start of this season. We've been a victim of some of the early success this season. It allowed us to think we were better than we are. Wentz has slowed as well which is expected but hasn't helped. WR's terrible etc etc.

Coaches have been sacked for less. He'll see the season out but unless there is an upswing over the last few games, Pederson needs replacing. It's embarrassing what's happening out there, just embarrassing.

Where did you all think we'd finish before the start of the season?

6 or 7 wins. But like I said it's not about the losses, it's the manner in which we are being embarrassed. The team should be showing some/any signs of improvement. Name any player that looks better now than they did after say week 4? I struggle to think of any.

6 or 7 wins. But like I said it's not about the losses, it's the manner in which we are being embarrassed. The team should be showing some/any signs of improvement. Name any player that looks better now than they did after say week 4? I struggle to think of any.
You're not going to find any. We started the season on fire. Maintaining that level was never going to be possible with this squad.

The other thing I think plays a part is the playoff carrot. Once that is all but ruled out, the motivation factor falls down massively - now this is where the coaching staff should come in but I totally get why players would still be struggling for motivation even with the coaches getting in their ears.

I think we're inconsistent at the end of the day - before the end of the season I bet we'll play a good game that will leave us scratching our heads. It's just where we're at.

Where did you all think we'd finish before the start of the season?

genuinely had nfi & had zero expectations & posted as much. Also posted that I would be happy to see a gradual improvement as the season moved on & obviously we're not getting that in any way shape or form. Can't buy the 'no playoff' argument as the cracks & poor coaching were appearing well before then. & sure, they'll pull a decent win out of their arse's just to annoy the * out of everyone, that is a given, seen it so many times before.

Someone posted earlier the coach has lost the players. Today all but confirms that. Coach needs to go. But won't.

Coach doesn't need to go, yet.

Tell me, how does a new coach suddenly make our WR's catch a football? How does a new coach make a rookie QB stay at a high level throughout the season.

There are so many fundamental issues in this side that can't just be attributed to the coach. I'd be happy cutting a lot of our squad before seeing Pederson giving the flick after 11 games.

Coach doesn't need to go, yet.

Tell me, how does a new coach suddenly make our WR's catch a football? How does a new coach make a rookie QB stay at a high level throughout the season.

There are so many fundamental issues in this side that can't just be attributed to the coach. I'd be happy cutting a lot of our squad before seeing Pederson giving the flick after 11 games.

I'm with this.

I don't understand how people can claim to know that Pederson has "lost the dressing room". We've seen what that looks like - and it was only a year ago. Today was nothing like that.

For a team to not be motivated or to appear discouraged is not always down to the coach. It could be down to any number of things.

What we do know is that we're playing with a makeshift O-line. We have the worst WR corp in the NFL. We lost our best RB and our 2nd best RB/3rd down RB is playing (very) hurt - and likely wouldn't be playing if Mathews was fit. Our secondary was always rubbish.

And none of this is Pederson's fault! It's not even Roseman's fault. Unless we want our team to become the Browns mach II, the notion of firing a coach when he's barely had the opportunity to start building his own team is ******* ridiculous.

That teams started figuring out how to play Wentz is to be expected. For teams to start figuring out how Schwarz's defence worked with the Eagles is to be expected.

The last page of this thread is everything that is wrong with Eagles fans, and it's why I have frequently referred to Eagles fans as the Richmond fans of the NFL - give us a couple of wins and people think we're world beaters, give us a couple of losses and everyone is shithouse and should be sacked.

It is possible for there to be a middle ground. We're a team with a first year coach, running a first year offence; we have a new defensive coordinator who is running a first year defence. We have a first year QB. We have makeshift bits and pieces all over the offence, and a couple on the defence at the moment.

Just give it a rest, please. I think I said in this thread a few months ago that we would do well to win 5 or 6 games this year. That expectation doesn't - or at least shouldn't - change just because Wentz got a hot start when none of our opponents (Browns, Bears, Steelers at home) a. had a chance to get some comprehensive notes on Wentz, and b. weren't any good to begin with.

We've lost to:
Washington
Detroit (leading their division)
Dallas (who are probably the best team in the NFC - and yes, some play calling hurt us, but we didn't deserve to win it anyway)
the Giants (who were in the midst of a 7-match win streak)
Seattle (who are probably the 2nd best team in the NFC)
Green Bay (who have the best QB in the world that was starting to find some form)

I can accept that Washington was a disappointing loss in the context of the season, but this morning was the first really bad loss we've had this season. People need to settle the * down.

I'm with this.

I don't understand how people can claim to know that Pederson has "lost the dressing room". We've seen what that looks like - and it was only a year ago. Today was nothing like that.

For a team to not be motivated or to appear discouraged is not always down to the coach. It could be down to any number of things.

What we do know is that we're playing with a makeshift O-line. We have the worst WR corp in the NFL. We lost our best RB and our 2nd best RB/3rd down RB is playing (very) hurt - and likely wouldn't be playing if Mathews was fit. Our secondary was always rubbish.

And none of this is Pederson's fault! It's not even Roseman's fault. Unless we want our team to become the Browns mach II, the notion of firing a coach when he's barely had the opportunity to start building his own team is ******* ridiculous.

That teams started figuring out how to play Wentz is to be expected. For teams to start figuring out how Schwarz's defence worked with the Eagles is to be expected.

The last page of this thread is everything that is wrong with Eagles fans, and it's why I have frequently referred to Eagles fans as the Richmond fans of the NFL - give us a couple of wins and people think we're world beaters, give us a couple of losses and everyone is shithouse and should be sacked.

It is possible for there to be a middle ground. We're a team with a first year coach, running a first year offence; we have a new defensive coordinator who is running a first year defence. We have a first year QB. We have makeshift bits and pieces all over the offence, and a couple on the defence at the moment.

Just give it a rest, please. I think I said in this thread a few months ago that we would do well to win 5 or 6 games this year. That expectation doesn't - or at least shouldn't - change just because Wentz got a hot start when none of our opponents (Browns, Bears, Steelers at home) a. had a chance to get some comprehensive notes on Wentz, and b. weren't any good to begin with.

We've lost to:
Washington
Dallas (who are probably the best team in the NFC - and yes, some play calling hurt us, but we didn't deserve to win it anyway)
Green Bay (who have the best QB in the world that was starting to find some form)

I can accept that Washington was a disappointing loss in the context of the season, but this morning was the first really bad loss we've had this season. People need to settle the **** down.

I'm not saying he should be fired. I do notice that you have neglected to mention his actual coaching and play calling which have been questionable to say the least and cost us several times this year.

I'm with this.

We've lost to:
Washington

I can accept that Washington was a disappointing loss in the context of the season, but this morning was the first really bad loss we've had this season. People need to settle the **** down.

I dont even...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back