Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

So he has played 2 games, and he has 54 combined yards. If you actually watched the games you would see that he also drew 2 DPI penalties, one to setup the final score vs the ravens and one on a deep ball. He also got about 5 extra yards on a short catch that setup 2nd/3rd and short. Even if you count his DPI as extra yards, then they are still mediocre numbers, but it shows IMPROVEMENT. I think that is what you and a few of your cronies have been moaning for??

Three games. Three games for 54 yards.

I was happier with him right up until he had a number of critical drops last week.

Re: the DPI- was a good play getting past coverage, but the defender did him a huge favour and relieved him from having to actually catch the ball. It's not that he's never gotten open before, he got open on Sherman on his worst drop, he just doesn't catch it when he does.

We run plenty of slants, crossing routes have not been seen much, but this maybe attributed to the fact they need time to develop, and the oline cant protect for long enough on a consistent basis. Maybe we will see them with our number 1 RT back from suspension tomorrow. I would like to see Pedersen implement some RPO's into the offense, maybe the learning curve on the qb is too much given how much information Wentz is being fed atm. What you have to remember that when you learn this stuff, its about learning route concepts, such as levels, 4 verts, stick and snag (think that is right) and how they play vs coverages. Better explanation is here:
http://smartfootball.com/passing/sn...gles-in-the-passing-game#sthash.YKotOQV2.dpbs

The slants don't seem to go where I'd feed them. I'd be ensuring we threw plenty of them to DGB each week. He's seemingly still limited playbook wise, but he's a big body and should be able to do that.

It's certainly possible that the QB is a factor on these things, and yet it's not that the QB hasn't been asked to hold the ball or throw intermediate routes. That's where almost all of his interceptions come.

Watching Saints & Bucks..
Ingram is wasted at the Saints IMO.
If we offload Mathews If like to see Howie at least ask about Ingram at some point.

Edit......
Yeah... 90 yards & 2TD.
They are using him just fine

Last edited:
I don't think it's 100% down to Johnson - I think a bit of it is down to some stability on the O-line. We're terribly short of depth on the O-line, which is how we end up with pretty ordinary back ups making up the majority of the line and swapping positions between and during games, and how we end up with playing ordinary draft pick rookies like Vaitai.

Hopefully Johnson can stay off the juice this off season, cos with him, Peters and Kelce, at least we have some pieces of a good O-line. We just need to find some decent guards. We haven't had any since Kelly cut the likes of Herremans who were integral to our line.

Todd was past it. Mathis was more confusing.

Brooks will be fine at RG. Especially with LJ next to him. We need to fill LG however. Hopefully Seumalo will be fighting Kelce for C, if not have him play LG

Here's hoping that the Eagles smash the Cowboy's second team, and we all get to act like we're the honorary Super Bowl winners.

"Wentz > Dak"
"Cowboys are pretenders"
"Eagles are the best team to finish last in their division, ever"

Just about the best end to the season from this point.

Strong rumours that Desean is returning home in the off season.

Thoughts on it depend upon the contract ultimately, but it would be nice to have a receiver that the opposing team need to game plan for. Mathews would be much more effective if the safeties had to play high.

Huge yes to having DeSean back! Don't even care if he's a bit of a bellend, he can actually catch!

Can't lie, Desean was always one of my favourite players. Mock drafted him to us in the first the year we took him, was thrilled to get him in the second. Have an autographed jersey of his on my wall. It's stayed up despite him playing for a division rival and killing us every time we played, because I've always blamed chip for creating that monster.

You can't overstate some of the massive plays he made for us over the years. Only our defence's failure to hold the lead stops that massive TD that he scored in the champs game v Arizona from being the thing of folk lore.

Play on the field aside, it would just feel good to me to see him back. Our franchise has a history of not treating its stars well when they get old. See Dawkins finishing his career in denver. Would do the heart good to see number 10 back in midnight green.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't lie, Desean was always one of my favourite players. Mock drafted him to us in the first the year we took him, was thrilled to get him in the second. Have an autographed jersey of his on my wall. It's stayed up despite him playing for a division rival and killing us every time we played, because I've always blamed chip for creating that monster.

You can't overstate some of the massive plays he made for us over the years. Only our defence's failure to hold the lead stops that massive TD that he scored in the champs game v Arizona from being the thing of folk lore.

Play on the field aside, it would just feel good to me to see him back. Our franchise has a history of not treating its stars well when they get old. See Dawkins finishing his career in denver. Would do the heart good to see number 10 back in midnight green.
100% agree with all of that. I don't ever like seeing Washington do well but when it's Jackson running in touchdowns it does make me happy.

Is this genuinely a chance at happening?

Djax, Shady, Vick, Samuel are a couple of names that got me supporting the eagles.
I flicked on the tv one day to a game between the Eagles & Saints, decided it was time to pick a team to follow after a couple out years of watching the odd game & the Super Bowl.
Awesome game that left me rather surprised at how great McCoy & Jackson could possibly be.

Bring back Jackson

Djax, Shady, Vick, Samuel are a couple of names that got me supporting the eagles.
I flicked on the tv one day to a game between the Eagles & Saints, decided it was time to pick a team to follow after a couple out years of watching the odd game & the Super Bowl.
Awesome game that left me rather surprised at how great McCoy & Jackson could possibly be.

Bring back Jackson

:eek::eek::eek:

The day we signed Vick was the closest I've ever come to renouncing my Eagles fandom - and that includes the Chip Kelly years and the sacking of "heart & soul" players that followed.

:eek::eek::eek:

The day we signed Vick was the closest I've ever come to renouncing my Eagles fandom - and that includes the Chip Kelly years and the sacking of "heart & soul" players that followed.

He had a couple of situational plays at RB & QB that game that I thought were awesome. He had a cool visor as well ;)

Ok, well... End of the season. We know the obvious big time upgrade needs at WR, and CB, as well as adding young talent to the O-line.

The bengals game the obvious low point. I thought Pederson had lost the team at that point, but on the plus side he managed to bring them back.

Last two games do nothing for our record / playoffs really, but they're still big wins for our future imo. It was necessary to get Wentz some confidence. Ending on a win streak, and ending with some divisional wins matters for that purpose. Was happy to see him showing some chemistry with Ertz today, although Ertz has a frustrating habit of only producing these games in dead rubbers.

It's funny, we were a very frustrating team and yet we easily could have made the playoffs this season with a few things going the other way. Could easily have won the first game against the Cowboys, Giants, atleast one of the skins games, Ravens game, Lions game. That's alot of wins left on the field.

Realistically we are probably at least another year away from fixing all the holes in this team. Only so much cap space and draft picks. What would everyone say our biggest need is? And where should we address it, the draft or FA?

I'd really like us to take Dalvin Cook in the draft.

Beating Dallas is always great. Especially having beaten the Giants the week before.

Great to see Wentz end the year well.

Considering he still gets minimal help from receivers.

Atleast two terrible drops today. Imagine how good he'll be if they get someone who can hang onto it.

Considering he still gets minimal help from receivers.

Atleast two terrible drops today. Imagine how good he'll be if they get someone who can hang onto it.
Yeah agreed. Still not thrilled with some of the play calling but it's clearly a work in progress. Will probably help when we have better receivers as you suggest.

I think CB is easily biggest need. Being able to give our front 4 more time to get to the QB and free up the safeties to not have so much responsibility and therefore make plays.

As much as Dalvin Cook sounds great and the narrative of Zeke this year. That is an ideal situation. Best OL, very talented back but we aren't in that spot with our line. Not enough consistency and age being a factor with a few spots.

WR is next biggest. But might be addressed earlier than CB in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back