Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Peters is a gun & a future HOF.
I put his fauls starts to him knowing he is on the edge with his performance & needs every bit he can get.
He performed well but that leads me to think he still has value. Peters for another season or a guy you could have start for 5-6 years would be an easy choice for me.
Petets is 1 injury from retirement, has a big cap number & we won't be contenders next year, playoffs are a real chance.
The team needs to get younger now to support Johnson, Wentz, Ertz, Cox ect for the next 5 years.

You can't fix everything / secure every piece in the one off season. We've got alot of other needs we could sensibly fill.

If we were able to upgrade the WR and CB corp in free agency / draft, I think we'd be a very good shot at playoffs next year.

Personally I'd rather have Peters/Johnson next year protecting Wentz (which is our highest mission, not developing the o-line, its not worth a damn if we get him injured) than Johnson/Big V. If there's a good tackle available in the draft, great. Take them. Even better would be if they were able to play guard for a year.

In any event, Peters is a locker room leader and young players can learn a lot from his preparation and how he approaches his role.

We'd be crazy to move him on. Would rival the Dawkins move.
If by that you mean he comes to Denver then it sounds like a good plan to me

He performed well but that leads me to think he still has value. Peters for another season or a guy you could have start for 5-6 years would be an easy choice for me.
Phatty, you make it out as if Peters is replacement level talent. You can develop players all you want, but if they have no talent, their upside is very small.

I really hope we can actually hit on a prospect this year. Coaches look a whole lot better when they have talent to coach.

I won't harp on Peters, he's a gun.
He is the safe bet next year 100% for good protection at LT.
I have always been someone that prefers a year early rather than a year late.
Let's hope the offseason is a blinder & there is continuity amoung the players for a crack at the Cowgirls title of NFC east champs.

I haven't read into the cap implications of Peters - but I think it's important to remember that the criticism/wrap/reputation of Howie during his first stint as GM was that he was a financial guy moreso than a personnel guy.

It wouldn't shock me at all if someone as old as Peters was cut if it was financially prudent to do so. Much as Peters' false start penalties shat me up the wall this season, I think personnel wise cutting him would be a terrible move - especially as I and others have noted that Johnson is a bit of a loose cannon. But it could well be the reality that we face.

I know the "incident" was a while ago - but the video release is only very new. For his NFL career he would've been better off going back to school and giving the video another year to die down.

I'm buggered if I want him playing for the Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles had 4 wins vs playoff teams this year and one of the toughest schedules in the nfl..

dallas and new york twice, green bay, seattle, detroit, pittsburgh, atlanta...evem non playoff games against washington twice and baltimore show how tough the schedule was)

I can see them back in the playoffs next year

Eagles had 4 wins vs playoff teams this year and one of the toughest schedules in the nfl..

dallas and new york twice, green bay, seattle, detroit, pittsburgh, atlanta...evem non playoff games against washington twice and baltimore show how tough the schedule was)

I can see them back in the playoffs next year
I can too

Need to beef up WRs and Secondary

I think we can make playoffs, but thankfully I also think this is not the team's goal. Howie's press conference was good in that respect. Talking about building a perennial contender rather than just going for the 10-6 finish.

Fix the skill players, fix the CBs. If we can do that, I can't see why we can't contend in the near future.

We've still got a young quality corp. Wentz, Johnson, Cox and Hicks are young and major building blocks in key positions. Even a guy like graham should have plenty of tread left on the tires due to not playing a ton earlier in his career.

I'm getting on the Patriots...

With the senior bowl done I thought I would start mocking.

IMG_1948.PNG
Not sure this is the best Mock simulator but it can be a bit of fun.

Still amazed by the Alshon deal being one year. That's great for us as far as I can see. We can tag him next year on the same salary if we want, but even more than that this is a guy who is hungry enough to play on a one year 'earn it' deal.

Still amazed by the Alshon deal being one year. That's great for us as far as I can see. We can tag him next year on the same salary if we want, but even more than that this is a guy who is hungry enough to play on a one year 'earn it' deal.

Yep. Exactly. And the information that came out about him turning down longer deals and more money is very encouraging to hear from the perspective of an Eagles fan.

Paying $14m for a WR is obviously really big money - especially for a guy who hasn't really proved himself to be a genuine number 1 WR yet - but I really like that we took the punt on him. Between Smith, Jeffrey, Matthews, and even Agholar as a role player (if he learns to catch), s**t that looks good after last season. We had to take the risk.

I'm sad that we waved Barwin goodbye, I really liked him as a player, and I really liked how hard he worked to contribute to a 4-3 defence. On top of that he sounded like a great dude. He's one of those guys that you hope for nothing but good things for him going forward.

I'm not sure that Alshon hasnt proven himself to be a #1, but without quibbling about that: reports are that he chose us over a longer term contract from the Vikings because he wants to play with Wentz (rather than Bradford).

As if I needed to love Wentz more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back