Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

You think he'll call his career?

Definitely facing an uphill battle to make it back.

He won't retire, I am sure he believes he has something left to offer teams.

Its gonna be hard for him to convince nfl teams they should sign a 35 year old running back who is coming off major surgery that may have effected his standout skill (speed and agility).

Credit to him that he is still playing at an elite level. We picked him up from the saints 3 years ago because they thought he was done then.

Surely we have to roll with Wiz at LG going forward.

Stats from the weekend:

Wiz - 44 snaps, 0 pressures allowed, 6.5 YPC when he was in the game and a PFF grade of 82.4

Warmack - 32 snaps, 1 sack allowed, 3.5 YPC when he was in the game and a PFF grade of around 45

Agreed. Warmack looked lost, arguably even worse than Semi the week before.
Would have loved for us to have chased a cheapish backup OL, like Tim Lelito, Deandre Coleman, Dieugot Joseph or Jah Reid.
All have been snapped up elsewhere though in the last few days...

Awesome win on the weekend, couldn't believe it.

I've got two questions - how has Chris long been going? Loved his solitary year with us and hope he does well.

Secondly, with sproles going down do you think you're in the market for another HB/returner? I love dion Lewis but we need serious help on D. If we turned him into a decent pass rusher or LB we'd probably pull the trigger

Awesome win on the weekend, couldn't believe it.

I've got two questions - how has Chris long been going? Loved his solitary year with us and hope he does well.

Secondly, with sproles going down do you think you're in the market for another HB/returner? I love dion Lewis but we need serious help on D. If we turned him into a decent pass rusher or LB we'd probably pull the trigger
Unlike the NBA, I do not recall midseason trades ever occurring (player for player). Most of the reason they do not happen is because of contract structure. Even then we would not trade any of our defensive lineman, Schwartz loves depth, else we would not have drafted Barnett.

Reading this:

http://www.espn.com.au/blog/philade...team-has-direct-line-to-doug-pederson-in-game

I think Pederson's decision is not a good or bad decision to go for it, if you get the yardage you are in good field goal range. What has not been talked about in this situation is a few things:
1. How your offense matches up vs the D in this situation
2. How your defense matches up with their offense if you do punt it.
3. If you are going for it on 4th and 8, maybe consider a run on 3rd and 8, you got 2 downs to get 8 yards, I think Pederson has to design his playcall based on that.

I was indifferent to the call, his decision to go for it the other 2 times worked out.
You could also argue that had they punted, and the giants moved the ball in similar fashion but only got into field goal range, maybe Elliot was facing a 61 yarder to tie the game instead of winning the game with the game tied. Both of those situations are very different in terms of what is at stake.

Frustrating game in a lot of ways shouldnt have been that close- settled for too many FGs and gave up massive plays the other way.

Great play from Blount though throughout. That's exactly what we brought him in for- get a lead and punch them right in the face with the big guy.

Would like to see them go with the hot hand a little bit more. It was obvious they couldnt stop Blount in the second, but we really took until the fourth to feed him again.

Thought Wiz had a great game, and Peters getting back to his usual self.
Warmack sucked again, against a better d-line we will struggle.

Still some strange dump passes called but far fewer than last 2 weeks, which is good.

Agree on the run game comments by STKO, and would add that both Smallwood and Clement played solid too.
If we can hit Smith on a couple of those deep bombs (and then if he could catch it :mad:) it opens up another dimension.

Ertz sensational, and just quietly our ST was great, one of the bedrocks of our season so far.

Most importantly - no turnovers to kill us this week.

Yeah, I thought Clement was good in the fourth on some key pick ups. I should add- I wasnt upset about bringing him in there necessarily. Blount was clearly gassed after the big run, but as soon as he had his wind back get him in there.

Wiz has to stay the starter going forward.

I know we'd prefer to promote youth, but the others have had the same opportunities and just come up short.

Was suprised we managed to lock him in over the off season without promising a starting job. Those three years might turn out to be quite handy.

Just saw the game, the final drive that chewed up more than 6 minutes was a great finish. Have not seen this type of running game since Lesean was running the ball for Chip. Its great Aghalor is contributing, hopefully he can keep improving and confirm the coaching staff's belief in him. If you are going to watch the replay, please put it on mute, Dick Stockton and Mark Schelreth are unbearable (Carson.....Palmer? San Diego Chargers). I respect Mark's playing experience but his commentating screams CTE and lack of preparation.

I disagree with the notion that we "settled" for field goals, they were all longer than 40 yards, I could understand that statement if we were 2/6 in the redzone and we kicked chip shots, but we were 2/2 in the redzone and Elliott did not miss from 45, 40, 53 and 47.

Every time you get three rather than 6 you're settling to some degree, unless it's a game winning drive. It's a consolation prize, not the primary goal.

Generally it's just frustrating when you move the ball as decently as we did to get to the FG range to not push it in more. We only scored two TDs, one coming after Blount's long run. The chargers scored 3. There were some disappointments which led to those FGs- some penalties holding back drives.

This shouldnt be controversial, but scoring TDs gives you a better chance of winning than FGs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sold we've won it yet. Skins a serious challenger- our game with them went down to the line (with a very tight fumble call). Arguably since then they've beaten better opposition than we have, with a shared loss against the Chiefs.

NFL East Eagles to lose. Assembled a nice team.
1/4 of the season and you are making a rash call like this?? We still have 9 divisional games left to be played. I do think its fair to Cross the giants off, 0-2 vs div and 0-4 overall....stick a fork in them.

TBH I got nfi if the eagles are any good, we have beaten 2 0-4 teams by 5 points in total. Our only quality win was vs the skins and as stko said, it was super close until the end. We do have 2 road wins however and the divisional one is huge. I think the biggest game maybe in a few weeks when we play the skins at home.

I think if they can start hitting some 30+ yard passes off the back of a semi consistent ground game they will be ruffling a few feathers of those who think they are contenders.

From what I've watched we stack up pretty well every where else & SHOULD improve as the season progresses, taking into account the list changes & continuity that comes with time.

I recon that the offensive play calling will be the defining factor for our success.
Doug has me a little confused as to what sort of team he wants to be & doesn't have an identity worked out for the team & himself.
With Schwartz you know exactly what to expect.... ruthless & relentless pressure first.

1/4 of the season and you are making a rash call like this?? We still have 9 divisional games left to be played. I do think its fair to Cross the giants off, 0-2 vs div and 0-4 overall....stick a fork in them.

TBH I got nfi if the eagles are any good, we have beaten 2 0-4 teams by 5 points in total. Our only quality win was vs the skins and as stko said, it was super close until the end. We do have 2 road wins however and the divisional one is huge. I think the biggest game maybe in a few weeks when we play the skins at home.

4 mate.

The only thing that gives me some confidence is that our defence has been quite banged up the last few weeks. Winning games without Cox, Darby, MacLeod etc is a tough ask. We'll be a far better team with them all back.

Kind of disappointed in our WRs to date. Hopefully the Alshon and Wentz connection only builds chemistry from here.

4 mate.

The only thing that gives me some confidence is that our defence has been quite banged up the last few weeks. Winning games without Cox, Darby, MacLeod etc is a tough ask. We'll be a far better team with them all back.

Kind of disappointed in our WRs to date. Hopefully the Alshon and Wentz connection only builds chemistry from here.
I mean 9 divisional games left to be played by all 4 teams.
Re: the wrs, you are a hard person to please, they are catching the ball and Wentz is doing a great job at spreading the ball around. We are running the ball, not turning it over and putting points on the board, I just hope it keeps going.

I mean 9 divisional games left to be played by all 4 teams.
Re: the wrs, you are a hard person to please, they are catching the ball and Wentz is doing a great job at spreading the ball around. We are running the ball, not turning it over and putting points on the board, I just hope it keeps going.

Fair enough.

Re: WRs... I don't know. They're doing better at catching it, and Ertz is putting up big numbers so that's something.

Smith's dropped a few big plays. That's a concern.

Alshon's not quite lived up to the billing yet. A few big plays, but the numbers are relatively modest and we've not seem him plucking those deep jump balls we thought we might get.

Don't get me wrong, compared to what we were getting from the position last year I'm ecstatic, I just think think there's a lot more potential and a lot of improvement left in this group.

Would like to see them give a few targets to Mack Hollins, particularly if Smith continues to struggle. Really reckon we got a sleeper there.

Probably our best team performance in recent times.

All three phases just dominated.

Wentz was perfect apart from those two throws to end the half.

Defence was mostly perfect except the one scoring drive. And the dropped picks. Don't think anyone would've guessed Robinson to be our best DB through 5 weeks.

Cant wait til Friday already, should be a beauty, we share a lot of similarities when you think about it; mobile QB's who can invent plays, Tall receivers, gun TE's (when Olsen is playing), we both have a power rb and a pass catching one to compliment the bruiser, both very good dlines, we both have a questionable secondary's.

Just hoping it lives up to the hype and isn't a fizzer like 95% of the Thursday night games.

If the Eagles can go at least 3-1 over the next 4 weeks before the bye with a win over the Skins they should pretty much lock in the NFC East and be a good chance for a top 2 seed as well. If only can fix up the secondary it's a pretty complete team currently.

Don't think anyone would've guessed Robinson to be our best DB through 5 weeks.

Has he been better than Mills? I can't really recall Mills being beaten too often this year. Maybe it's just me wiping them from memory.

Douglas has had a few big plays against, but I'm happy he's getting the game experience.

If the Eagles can go at least 3-1 over the next 4 weeks before the bye with a win over the Skins they should pretty much lock in the NFC East and be a good chance for a top 2 seed as well. If only can fix up the secondary it's a pretty complete team currently.

Don't remember us missing playoffs from 9-3 a few years back?

Way way too early for these sorts of calls. We've not really beaten any likely play off teams yet. Let's see how we go against the Panthers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back