Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact is he still plays and heaps of downs each week. So it seems manageable for now.
Doesn't matter. It's a common injury and surgeons can fix it so that you return to 100%, which providing you don't injure it again, or again after that you don't even need to manage it.

On his wikipedia page there is nothing about any knee injuries

I had a torn meniscus about 5-6 years ago and got it fixed and was back to 100% again. Unless he had a massive tear of the meniscus that was not repairable (some tears can be repaired back to normal, where as others need to be torn away and sewn together) that if he injured it again there is a higher chance of bone on bone eventually.

It is almost impossible to have bone on bone from 1 tear of the meniscus.

Is your avatar an actual portrait of you :p

Broncos this week, im scared for carson vs that dline, but then they got trevor/brock.

What an outstanding performance! Thought we'd win but didn't see the blowout happening.

So tempted to go back through the weekly thread and quote all of LA's posts about how the Broncos are basically as good as us, minus the QB ;) :D

They have better receivers too remember

After at least 5 years 8 years of watching and supporting the Eagles, I'm so happy with what is going on at the moment. They are a real chance and I am so happy! I would love to see them in the Superbowl. I know it's early days, but this is the Eagles year for sure! :D

Last edited:
Lol at coming in here and name checking 5 years of fandom.

At least you cant accuse him of being a Patriots fan, they wait til Super Bowl week to declare their 10 years + of supporting the team through thick and thin. :D

Lol at coming in here and name checking 5 years of fandom.
Hem Hem. Proof!

Posted 5 years ago on Saturday 3 November 12.

My Tumblr - sagitox. Five years ago. Philly Eagles.

BAM!

Also to be honest, I think I supported them longer than five years. I have NFL videos I recorded on my computer from 2009 when Sav Rocca (North Melbourne) was playing for them and when I first became a fan! I uploaded some clips on my YouTube channel too. The First (Sav Rocca Punt and Hit) got 87,354 views before I made it private and the Second (Sav Rocca Helps Out After Field Goal Block) got 56,060 views. I recorded them from the Channel One HD, when they used to play the NFL back in those days.

fcv88m.png

Have I proven myself a fan of the Eagles from 2009-2017 yet? 8 Years!?!? Thank you and good night!

At least you cant accuse him of being a Patriots fan, they wait til Super Bowl week to declare their 10 years + of supporting the team through thick and thin. :D

*Her

Last edited:
Hem Hem. Proof!

Posted 5 years ago on Saturday 3 November 12.

My Tumblr - sagitox. Five years ago. Philly Eagles.

BAM!

Also to be honest, I think I supported them longer than five years. I have NFL videos I recorded on my computer from 2009 when Sav Rocca (North Melbourne) was playing for them and when I first became a fan! I uploaded some clips on my YouTube channel too. The First (Sav Rocca Punt and Hit) got 87,354 views before I made it private and the Second (Sav Rocca Helps Out After Field Goal Block) got 56,060 views. I recorded them from the Channel One HD, when they used to play the NFL back in those days.

fcv88m.png

Have I proven myself a fan of the Eagles from 2009-2017 yet? 8 Years!?!? Thank you and good night!

*Her

Nice! I was about the same time then.
Watched the Super Bowl the year before when the Cardinals win I think..???
The next season I watched the Saints & the eagles & decided that one of those teams was going to be mine. Sav got it over the line.

Nice! I was about the same time then.
Watched the Super Bowl the year before when the Cardinals win I think..???
The next season I watched the Saints & the eagles & decided that one of those teams was going to be mine. Sav got it over the line.
It's been a tough few years, eh? But we've been loyal and it's paid off. Finally our team is doing something good. I just hope it can last. Wentz is a gun. We've been through the McNabb era with Andy Reid, and also Kolb. Vick, Foles, Bradford. But now with Wentz. OMG. Finally!!!

I don't think I saw the 2008 season, but I think I saw the 2008 Superbowl, but didn't understand the game very well. But I researched about the game and how it was played. I remember it being very stop and start, unlike AFL which I was used to of course, free flowing. But I know I saw the 2009 season.

Sav was a bit of a spud with punting, I remember.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been a tough few years, eh? But we've been loyal and it's paid off. Finally our team is doing something good. I just hope it can last. Wentz is a gun. We've been through the McNabb era with Andy Reid, and also Kolb. Vick, Foles, Bradford. But now with Wentz. OMG. Finally!!!

I don't think I saw the 2008 season, but I think I saw the 2008 Superbowl, but didn't understand the game very well. But I researched about the game and how it was played. I remember it being very stop and start, unlike AFL which I was used to of course, free flowing. But I know I saw the 2009 season.

Sav was a bit of a spud with punting, I remember.
Please ignore grumpy gus and welcome to the thread.

When you've been an Eagles fan long enough you'll understand the grumpiness :p

I get that...

For me it's "only" been about 17 or 18 years of following the Eagles - yet I still have to stop myself from chiming in and saying "you can't possibly understand the pain" to comparative newcomers.

It makes me wonder how the 60 year old Bulldogs fans might have felt after the 2016 GF when they heard 15 year olds saying it was the best day of their life after waiting for so long.

How long have you been supporting the Eagles, Gus, if you don't mind me asking?

Not sure the precise time. I suspect I'm just short of Nobby's mark.

Anyway, long enough to have seen us lose multiple champs games, a superbowl, and a number of one and done playoff losses including that one to Tony Romo who never beat anyone in the playoffs.

It does something to your pysche after a while.

I fully expect to see the Eagles lose the superbowl to cap off my 12 months.

Not sure the precise time. I suspect I'm just short of Nobby's mark.

Anyway, long enough to have seen us lose multiple champs games, a superbowl, and a number of one and done playoff losses including that one to Tony Romo who never beat anyone in the playoffs.

It does something to your pysche after a while.

I fully expect to see the Eagles lose the superbowl to cap off my 12 months.

Thanks for sharing, "Gus" :D

Thanks for sharing, "Gus" :D
Hahahahaha lol! yeah I did ask, Gus, but maybe I'll open up the question to any Eagles fan. How long have you all been fans? How many times have you been over to see them play live? How much merch do you own?

I've been a fan 8 years, haven't seen them live yet but want to badly and I have a few things, a lanyard, mini helmet, jersey, car stickers and I think that's it. That stuff is expensive to get sent over here!

Hahahahaha lol! yeah I did ask, Gus, but maybe I'll open up the question to any Eagles fan. How long have you all been fans? How many times have you been over to see them play live? How much merch do you own?

I've been a fan 8 years, haven't seen them live yet but want to badly and I have a few things, a lanyard, mini helmet, jersey, car stickers and I think that's it. That stuff is expensive to get sent over here!

I was laughing coz his name isn't Gus at all, Chock was just using of any old name starting with "G" to go with Grumpy.

Im more than happy to refer to STO as Gus for now on though if wants me to. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back