Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

I have it at 50/50 atm.

There are a lot of the writers who see him, and talk to him and the coaches every day, that believe he plays Week 1.
They will say what they need to in order to force their opponents to prepare for him, and I have never hear of a player accurately diagnosing a major injury. I can't think of another athlete in a contact sport that came back from acl surgery 9(ish) months after the injury, he is not a full participant in 11 on 11 yet and he is the FRANCHISE QB, I'm sure everyone in charge would rather bring him back 3 weeks too late than 1 week too early. And to think he got the injury and stayed in and threw a td the next play.

I can't think of another athlete in a contact sport that came back from acl surgery 9(ish) months after the injury,

Adrian Peterson. December 24 2011, tears ACL vs Washington.

Week 1 2012 Adrian Peterson starts.

Adrian Peterson finishes 2012 season with 2097 yards and MVP trophy.

At 30 years old, in 2007 when ACL recovery was ancient compared to now, Donovan McNabb came back 10 months to start week 1 against Green Bay.

It happens.

Adrian Peterson. December 24 2011, tears ACL vs Washington.

Week 1 2012 Adrian Peterson starts.

Adrian Peterson finishes 2012 season with 2097 yards and MVP trophy.

At 30 years old, in 2007 when ACL recovery was ancient compared to now, Donovan McNabb came back 10 months to start week 1 against Green Bay.

It happens.
looks like your memory is better than mine....lol.....or you just asked google, either way, fair point

Anyone who's been watching the games closely so far has Mailata given up any sacks?

Gave up a sack on his first snap. But improved a lot from there.

Seems like he's done well so far. Learning very fast. Will he be part of rotation week 1?

Not likely. Would say <5% chance.

Peters - Wiz - Kelce - Brooks - Lane

Big V - Seumalo - Pryor probably next 3 off the bench. With Seumalo moving to LT last week shows he is their 3rd choice LT before moving JM up.

For those interested in more;

listening to an english guy talk about an aussie play an american sport.

classic youtube garbage ( with EDP )

what happened to that useless fat bastard, he had nothing during the season of a lifetime. what a shithouse fan.

Jordan Mailata is not playing this season, no matter how good he looks in his 3rd game ever, playing against the steelers backups. Left tackle is too important a position to be putting in 7th round rookies that have never played the game before.

listening to an english guy talk about an aussie play an american sport.

classic youtube garbage ( with EDP )

what happened to that useless fat bastard, he had nothing during the season of a lifetime. what a shithouse fan.

Jordan Mailata is not playing this season, no matter how good he looks in his 3rd game ever, playing against the steelers backups. Left tackle is too important a position to be putting in 7th round rookies that have never played the game before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Jets game mainly just to get a look at Mailata & he is impressive. Still going to be a huge ask to make the grade but if he does see action in a season or two, his kick step will garner plenty of attention, he just flies out of his stance. Did laugh when he was standing next to Peters, guy is freaking huge, although his size didnt stop him getting put on his arse by a blindside block, learnt a leason there I'm guessing;)

Untitled.png

Although not finalised, the big fella makes the 53 man roster (well, durr).

OFFENSE
Quarterback — Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, Nate Sudfeld

Running back — Jay Ajayi, Darren Sproles, Corey Clement, Wendell Smallwood

Wide receiver — Alshon Jeffery, Nelson Agholor, Mike Wallace, Mack Hollins, Shelton Gibson, DeAndre Carter

Tight end — Zach Ertz, Dallas Goedert, Richard Rodgers, Joshua Perkins

Offensive tackle — Jason Peters, Lane Johnson, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Jordan Mailata

Offensive guard — Brandon Brooks, Stefen Wisniewski, Chance Warmack, Matt Pryor

Center — Jason Kelce, Isaac Seumalo

DEFENSE
Defensive end — Brandon Graham, Michael Bennett, Chris Long, Derek Barnett, Josh Sweat

Defensive tackle — Fletcher Cox, Haloti Ngata, Destiny Vaeao, Bruce Hector

Outside linebacker — Kamu Grugier-Hill, Joe Walker

Middle linebacker — Jordan Hicks, LaRoy Reynolds

Outside linebacker — Nathan Gerry

Cornerback — Ronald Darby, Jalen Mills, Sidney Jones, Rasul Douglas, Avonte Maddox

Safety — Malcolm Jenkins, Rodney McLeod, Corey Graham, Tre Sullivan

SPECIAL TEAMS
Kicker — Jake Elliott

Punter — Cameron Johnston

Long snapper — Rick Lovato

Jordan really surprised with some strong performances. you look at the other guys in that international program, some of them had football experience in Europe. But JM got the most attention out of all of them. Just a special athlete. He's taken huge steps in such a short time. He's got a long way to go, but he knows it. Great attitude on the kid. And great work ethic from all reports.

Jordan really surprised with some strong performances. you look at the other guys in that international program, some of them had football experience in Europe. But JM got the most attention out of all of them. Just a special athlete. He's taken huge steps in such a short time. He's got a long way to go, but he knows it. Great attitude on the kid. And great work ethic from all reports.

Didnt we hear alot of this hyperbole with another league player trying to make the transition to the NFL?

Cameron Johnston is actually gonna make a meaningful contribution to the team and nobody says anything about him.
Sorry to be a negative nancy but the guy chose a sport he has never played, in a position that is got no glory associated with it, over a sport he played his whole life. And I bet he gave alot of similar answers as a rookie at souths as he is giving now. who the hell would leave a sport where you get the ball and run around and score some points to play in a sport you have never played before in another country, at a position where you clear running lanes for ball carriers, and form a wall to protect the guy trying to throw the ball, and by the way, probably won't see the field for the first season.
good for him for giving it a go, but I will wait a year or 2 and he hopefully is ready to contribute. I hope I am wrong because everyone says he has the talent to make it and peters is almost done.

I really hope foles is ready for this friday on a more important note.

Didnt we hear alot of this hyperbole with another league player trying to make the transition to the NFL?

Cameron Johnston is actually gonna make a meaningful contribution to the team and nobody says anything about him.
Sorry to be a negative nancy but the guy chose a sport he has never played, in a position that is got no glory associated with it, over a sport he played his whole life. And I bet he gave alot of similar answers as a rookie at souths as he is giving now. who the hell would leave a sport where you get the ball and run around and score some points to play in a sport you have never played before in another country, at a position where you clear running lanes for ball carriers, and form a wall to protect the guy trying to throw the ball, and by the way, probably won't see the field for the first season.
good for him for giving it a go, but I will wait a year or 2 and he hopefully is ready to contribute. I hope I am wrong because everyone says he has the talent to make it and peters is almost done.

Who? Well he has...

Why? Look at the size of him, if there was an OL factory, Mailata would be close to the perfect prototype. I seem to recall talk at the time that he was considered too big for rugby league, I don't follow the game so wouldn't know but maybe he was no physically suited to it the larger he became as he matured. & then there's the monstrous pay-cheques which will dwarf anything he could have earned sticking with league. & maybe he just really enjoys the game. Who knows, I'm sure his motivations will become clear if he continues to improve & becomes a starter.

Look at the size of him, if there was an OL factory, Mailata would be close to the perfect prototype
nobody is doubting his athletic potential, the perfect prototype would be Shaq Oneal, or any power forward from the nba drafted before 2000.

& then there's the monstrous pay-cheques which will dwarf anything he could have earned sticking with league.

what you say is right, but he has to get through his first contract:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/jordan-mailata-25334/

problem is if he does not show enough promise by the end of his contract, he is up s**t creek.
its actually better to be a RFA than a 7th rounder because:
a - you can choose the team you want to sign with.
b - you miss out on signing a rookie contract which is a great deal for the team, which means that its not as good for you.

There are many differences between Jordan and the other League guy. The most important difference is that JM is only 21 and has time on his side. I've noted a lot of negativity from punters on this forum towards Jordan. He's proved people wrong all down the line. He's got a long way to go, but he's much better than anybody thought so far. And what a great attitude

This article in the SMH is interesting if you're concerned about his motivation. $5 grand to play reserve grade rugby league vs $3.5m over 4 years at the super bowl champs. He's enjoying the game and challenge as well. The other thing I've heard some American commentators say is that he could be used at tight end in goal line situations down the track. That would be really fun to see.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nfl/ho...y-to-score-3-5m-nfl-deal-20180905-p501za.html

I've got to say, Leaguies are the best cross over athletes of any code. It's just incredible how the physical rigors of RL prepare their athletes for many different scenarios. Commentators have noted Jordan's "nasty streak". He got that from RL. We used to call it "mongrel" growing up playing. That mongrel is an intangible quality that League implanted into JM that is really helping his NFL transition. What a prospect

There are many differences between Jordan and the other League guy. The most important difference is that JM is only 21 and has time on his side. I've noted a lot of negativity from punters on this forum towards Jordan. He's proved people wrong all down the line. He's got a long way to go, but he's much better than anybody thought so far. And what a great attitude

This article in the SMH is interesting if you're concerned about his motivation. $5 grand to play reserve grade rugby league vs $3.5m over 4 years at the super bowl champs. He's enjoying the game and challenge as well. The other thing I've heard some American commentators say is that he could be used at tight end in goal line situations down the track. That would be really fun to see.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nfl/ho...y-to-score-3-5m-nfl-deal-20180905-p501za.html

I've got to say, Leaguies are the best cross over athletes of any code. It's just incredible how the physical rigors of RL prepare their athletes for many different scenarios. Commentators have noted Jordan's "nasty streak". He got that from RL. We used to call it "mongrel" growing up playing. That mongrel is an intangible quality that League implanted into JM that is really helping his NFL transition. What a prospect

A goal line scenario with the ball being passed off would be awesome to see!
Even the big NFL boys would be hard pressed to stop him at full speed hitting a stacked D line.

Thanks for the link to the article, paints a much clearer picture of the guy. A year on the sidelines learning the game & developing the stamina needed to play his position & 2019 look out! Though it'd be great to see him sneak in for a few snaps later in the season after we have that no1 seed tied up again;)

im even more sceptical after reading that puff piece, your comparing $5k vs $3.4m is bs and he is not a "leaguie".
he could not cut it at league, they asked him to get fit so he could play more than 20 minutes a game, he chose to go another direction. You talk about great attitude but all I see is a guy with NO work ethic in that situation. yet you are going to group him with guys like jason taumalolo, greg inglis and cameron smith?

he is a talented guy but I think he has other issues that have not come out, after all, if he had all the tools, he probably would have gotten much better offers than "$5k".

its pretty obvious rose coloured glasses on as you keep citing his great attitude, but there is no evidence of this.

he has never excelled at anything when he has been asked to put in the hard work, yet you think this time will be different?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back