Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, good to get the win.

But let's be honest- we're not going to do any real damage this year.

With Jackson still injured (and serious questions I think about whether he was mismanaged- he plainly should have had the surgery), and Alshon slow as s**t and constantly dropping the ball we're just not capable of consistently moving the chains.

Our failure to either trade for a fast WR, or simply claim Gordon from waivers, has probably cost us any real chance.

Alright, good to get the win.

But let's be honest- we're not going to do any real damage this year.

With Jackson still injured (and serious questions I think about whether he was mismanaged- he plainly should have had the surgery), and Alshon slow as s**t and constantly dropping the ball we're just not capable of consistently moving the chains.

Our failure to either trade for a fast WR, or simply claim Gordon from waivers, has probably cost us any real chance.

How I would love Maclaurin or Hardman on this team right now. Fast, dynamic receivers. Hardman is a Desean clone

Biggest positive out of today I think was our OL. Especially Dillard handling Mack when he lined up on the right. Lane we expect to handle Mack, but apart from a couple of run stops, Mack was invisible.

Miles Sanders Rookie Ranks

#1 in All-Purpose Yards
#1 RB in receiving yards
#1 RB in receiving YPG
#1 RB in 20+ yard catches
#1 RB in 40+ yard catches
#1 in Yards per Touch
ONLY guy with 250+ rush yds & 250+ receiving yds

His growth from Week 1 until now is so evident. Learning to take the yards, much more downhill.

Damn that was two real s**t teams today. We got lucky that the Bears offence was completely listless for a half.

Miles Sanders Rookie Ranks

#1 in All-Purpose Yards
#1 RB in receiving yards
#1 RB in receiving YPG
#1 RB in 20+ yard catches
#1 RB in 40+ yard catches
#1 in Yards per Touch
ONLY guy with 250+ rush yds & 250+ receiving yds

His growth from Week 1 until now is so evident. Learning to take the yards, much more downhill.

He's absolutely come on in leaps and bounds since week 1, and these are cool stats.

That's all they are though. He's still got a lot of development left in him, but you don't take a guy in the 2nd round to be a receiving/3rd down back. It'll be interesting to see if we try and put some bulk on him during the off season and whether that affects his agility, cos every week I think "damn he's small."

I don't know if boring is how I find us- I actually genuinely like watching our running attack and Howard. There's something about consistently punishing runs- nothing too flashy.

But frustrating is the key word. Very few big splash plays through the air, and a whole lot of mistakes, a whole lot of drops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who could have predicted not having the surgery after week 2 was a mistake? Well, pretty much everyone. We can't win this year with the current corp, and we didnt even attempt to improve it.

The front office isnt exactly kicking goals since we won the bowl.

If Howie doesn't cut Sendejo by saturday I will be so ******* disappointed

And they're genuinely not going to either are they. There are WTF's going on all over the place.

Why havent we signed Mathews to play at WR? He couldnt be less productive than we have, and we know Wentz loves him.

Who could have predicted not having the surgery after week 2 was a mistake? Well, pretty much everyone. We can't win this year with the current corp, and we didnt even attempt to improve it.

The front office isnt exactly kicking goals since we won the bowl.

Totally agree on Mathews... but on DJax, coming from the Australian context, you wouldn't ordinarily expect that muscular surgery would be the first, or even the second option. It still feels weird to me that they're going down that track now. Again, it's a different sporting context, but aside from really major muscle injuries where you've torn a bicep or a pec off the bone, you're not usually having them surgically corrected in AFL or rugby league.

Totally agree on Mathews... but on DJax, coming from the Australian context, you wouldn't ordinarily expect that muscular surgery would be the first, or even the second option. It still feels weird to me that they're going down that track now. Again, it's a different sporting context, but aside from really major muscle injuries where you've torn a bicep or a pec off the bone, you're not usually having them surgically corrected in AFL or rugby league.

It was a hernia. It was always highly highly likely to require surgery. Given the recovery time, it should have been undertaken immediately. Had it been, he'd be back already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back