BeinPurplenGreen

Freo Football Foci
Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Nice picks or not, Howie really is a douche, old mate wasn't too impressed either.

Tom Donahue, senior director of player personnel. In an interview Howie said it was because of a player that got picked between 70 and 73 (DB, another DT). Would love to know Tom's side ;)
Someone commented Williams is a pure analytics pick so I'm guessing Tom is a bit more old school.
This is hilarious. 😂👍
That clip cut out a second or two early.

Watch Roseman's reaction to Donahue...

BeinPurplenGreen

Freo Football Foci
Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
first 4 picks are all positions we needed to address, the rest are just value picks which I don't have a problem with.

P.S. I just made the mistake of looking at our dead cap hit for this season ..... $40mil :sleepy: which is almost 1/5th of put cap
Note that that hit is only after we restructured and extended a number of contracts - ensuring there is already a similar cap hit coming next year.
We really are in cap hell until 2023...

BeinPurplenGreen

Freo Football Foci
Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
It's so funny. 😂

Howie is such a nerd giving out fist bumps. I'd be like the salty old bloke too..."do I have to?" 😩
Weird how Howie also knows exactly where the camera is before he even starts on his little fake run around.
Such a media leaker, so image conscious, and it will do him in in the end.
Manipulative little jerk.

FWIW, the dispute was because the Iggles traded back 3 spots and took Milton W, instead of the better player who was there at their original pick.
Who then went to (of course) a division rival.

But hey, we have an extra 8th round pick in 2065 thanks to Howie...

trikster

Club Legend
Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Note that that hit is only after we restructured and extended a number of contracts - ensuring there is already a similar cap hit coming next year.
We really are in cap hell until 2023...
I don't think so. I think we eat all of Wentz/Jeffrey/DJax this season

rumply

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, 76ers.
Found this post on an Eagles site - Stingley is looking every part a future NFL talent - our boy took him to school that day.

Derek Stingley, Jr. is #24 covering Smith #6. Here's his recent draft profile, assuming he comes out next year.

A snip: As elite of a cornerback prospect that you will ever find, Stingley Jr. will contend for being the best overall player in the class regardless of positional value. The highest-rated cornerback recruit in the history of 247 Sports, Stingley Jr. has been heralded as a generational talent for some time.

Remove this Banner Ad