Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

I expect us to start slowly in the first qtr and a bit. Wentz will be understandably rusty. With 2 new RBs to the team. And a new WR. Offensive chemistry will take a bit to click. Probably a large dose of Ertz early to get Wentz into rhythm

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
So if I'm understanding the media buzz around this team, either Wentz will be an MVP candidate and lead em back to the Superbowl or the Linc will be chanting Foles' name by like Week 4.

Intense season ahead!

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve tonight, I can't wait for the game in the morning. I even took tomorrow off work so I could watch week 1.

I'd planned to get up for it at 3am, but the cricket has probably put an end to that. Still, I look forward to getting up, watching it spoiler free, and seeing Sanders rack up 120 yards and 2 TDs on debut. In a weird way I think Friday's piece of s**t has made me even more excited for tomorrow.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
I expect us to start slowly in the first qtr and a bit. Wentz will be understandably rusty. With 2 new RBs to the team. And a new WR. Offensive chemistry will take a bit to click. Probably a large dose of Ertz early to get Wentz into rhythm
I hope you put on a bet based on your prediction

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Like many games last season, another slow start. Hopefully it was just first game rust & they'll improve those first quarters from here on.
Better be only be first game rust, because against a decent team (like next Sunday at Atlanta) we wouldn't be so lucky.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Better be only be first game rust, because against a decent team (like next Sunday at Atlanta) we wouldn't be so lucky.

Yep & especially when you consider stats like this

The Eagles came into Sunday 11-127 in franchise history when they trailed by 13 points at halftime. They had come back from 17-point deficits only 16 times in franchise history, just three times in the last 25 years.

Did look very impressive in the second half & I loved that 4th quarter drive chewing up clock. Wentz looked back to his best. Secondary still looks like a wip.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta

Also... (from when DJax signed with us again in early 2019 offseason)

So now up to 31 TDs of +50yds in his career, second only to Jerry Rice.

And, 3 TDs of +50yds against us (most of anyone against the Iggles), and also most YPC against us of any receiver (22+yds per catch).

Changes our shape offensively for sure.

Now will he catch JRice?

Sounds like Malik Jackson will end up on IR, wouldn't mind seeing Chris Long back in Philly.

They don't play the same position... Makes the unheralded Jernigan re-signing significant.

We just don't have any luck with these big free agents to start next to Cox. Injuries everywhere.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Pass rush is the goal, Long was always good for that.
But as SothernTakover said, different position and different type of player. Jackson is a big body to clog the middle against the run, Long is a quick lean edge rusher. Hector will likely come off the practice squad unless Howie can weave some more magic.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
But as SothernTakover said, different position and different type of player. Jackson is a big body to clog the middle against the run, Long is a quick lean edge rusher. Hector will likely come off the practice squad unless Howie can weave some more magic.

A big strength of Jackson is his pass rush ability, it'll be interesting to see how they look to replace him.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jackson to IR, a new DT signed, TE Alex Ellis waived

Back