Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Interestingly I saw in my recommendations on YouTube that the MFC are producing their own in house offseason behind the scenes training camp thingy like a lot of NFL teams did his year titled "to hell and back"..... Wonder of any other AFL clubs are doing similar also?

Yeah, so that's absurdly ******* arrogant.

We've been shittily coached for two years, and we're just doubling down by internally promoting some more.

There are a couple of hires they mention which should help offensively, Rich Scangarello and Andrew Breiner, so I'm sort of on the fence with this for now. 100% agree that fresh ideas are needed.

Yeah, so that's absurdly ******* arrogant.

We've been shittily coached for two years, and we're just doubling down by internally promoting some more.
Given Doug calls the O plays, any OC was one only in name (which is why try OC's don't want to come to Philly). Having pass/run coordinators is just a true reflection on how the offence is run.

Given Doug calls the O plays, any OC was one only in name (which is why try OC's don't want to come to Philly). Having pass/run coordinators is just a true reflection on how the offence is run.

So then what was the benefit of firing Groh, who you say was functionally irrelevant, but retaining the people apparently already responsible for a system that failed repeatedly?

So then what was the benefit of firing Groh, who you say was functionally irrelevant, but retaining the people apparently already responsible for a system that failed repeatedly?
As QB coach he was the quasy pass game coordinator anyway, so he takes responsibility for that. But given how F'd the WR spot was all season I have no idea how you measure the passing game in any way.

As QB coach he was the quasy pass game coordinator anyway, so he takes responsibility for that. But given how F'd the WR spot was all season I have no idea how you measure the passing game in any way.

Pres Taylor was the QB coach? And wasnt great at it- people have been highlighting that Wentz was better under Flip.

The passing game was terrible when we had receivers. Alshon, Agholor both regressed from 2017 levels. None of our younger talent developed. But the thing was that we did measure the passing game- we fired the OC. How on earth do you justify promoting the people under him as the sole change?

This franchise has become insular and bath water drinkers since the superbowl win. That should worry us, because we're going to waste the rest of our window is we keep it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the new cba might provide some relief when it comes to Jeffery's contract

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Jeffery's missus doing the dirty work and not him.

From what I remember she is a nutcase who did something similar in Chicago. Blamed everyone but her husband when he didn't perform via social media. A lot of things about the team got out in the media that shouldn't have.

Reports: #Eagles have agreed to acquire CB Darius Slay from the Detroit Lions in exchange for a third-round pick and a fifth-round pick in the 2020 draft.

As long as he doesn't fall off a cliff because of his age I'll take that

3rd & a 5th a bit high for mine but given what theyre paying him, I guess it's fair enough & given he's a major upgrade on what we've got yeah Slay will do for now. Sounds like he had continual hamstring issues through last season so he'll fit in perfectly in Philly :D .

Last edited:
Signed a safety/nickel corner

And a middle linebacker

And Nelly signed with the Raiders ;)

Last edited:
Really like the Parks signing.
Jatavis Brown will probably get a start but the depth at the position is still in question.
I hope we look at the draft for a LB at some stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back