Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Really like the Parks signing.
Jatavis Brown will probably get a start but the depth at the position is still in question.
I hope we look at the draft for a LB at some stage.
I get that the eagles prioritise D-line and secondary over LB, but the way they completely neglect the position year after year is really risky. Surely you'd want at least one really good player on every line not just whatever salary cap is left over.

Our failure to address WR, and declaring we're happy with our corp is pretty close to insane though.

I'd love to be able to tell you that we'll address WR at the draft. But even if we go WR rather than OL, we'll still pick the wrong guy :(

Our failure to address WR, and declaring we're happy with our corp is pretty close to insane though.

Hearing DJ Moore to Phili trade rumours everywhere the past few days. Wouldn't surprise me but yet to see it come from a credible source. Google it tho, there is plenty about on it. May find someone who is credible.

Listening to Howie the other day, it sounds like Jefferey isn't going anywhere so it's him, DJax, JJAW, Ward plus whoever they draft which by * better be someone with good hands & speed to burn. Actually, make it two of those thanks.

Funny (not really) that the only one I have any real faith in seeing the field & performing week in week out is the guy on $10.50 an hour...So move up & get it done.

Backed himself into a bit of a corner did Howie with that Jefferey extension, apparently cant afford to spend much more on the position so rinse & repeat & hope to strike lucky in the draft, not the soundest of strategies I would have thought.

I get having faith in Whiteside & sticking fat with him for his second season. There's talk now he was dealing with a 'lower body issue' all last season. Ok, if so that would have been nice to know at the time to stop some of the criticism & judgmental calls that ended up coming his way, no? So yeah, I'm not buying it.

Could be worse though, Agy could have been coming back as well.

Hargrave signing is great.

Robey for that money, great.

Slay will need to not be Maxwell/Nnamdi 3.0

I like Parks. Seems he can be good Jenkins lite and hopefully the better pass rush and coverage will help out our safeties

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane reports the Eagles attempted to trade Alshon Jeffery last season.
Eagles GM Howie Roseman reportedly began shopping Jeffery only a month after the organization guaranteed his $15.4 million cap hit for 2020. Now 30 and questionable for the start of training camp following Lisfranc surgery, it would be shocking if the team received so much as an offer for the disgruntled wideout ahead of the regular season. Philadelphia is fully expected to add to their receiving room on both Day 1 and Day 2 of April's draft.
SOURCE: Jeff McLane on Twitter
Apr 7, 2020, 8:14 AM ET

Draft day.

Lots of late rumours about trading with the Jets at 11 and grabbing Lamb.

Will be very interesting what happens.

Jeudy
Lamb
Ruggs
Jefferson
Raegor
Aiyok

Probably the 6 in play for us, but seems we want Jeudy or Lamb with the big tradeup talks

Jalen Reagor over Jefferson. I like that tbh. Although could they have got him a bit further back?

Jefferson takes space for Ertz and Goed, so Reagor fits better in my opinion.

Eagles selected TCU WR Jalen Reagor with the No. 21 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.
The Eagles addressed a glaring need by dipping into this year's exceptional receiver class. An undersized (5’11/206) but explosive deep threat with 4.47 speed, Reagor broke out as an 18-year-old freshman (33/576/8), ascended as a sophomore (72/1,061/9), then tanked (43/611/5, 6.9 yards per target) as the team threw freshman Max Duggan under center in Reagor's final year. He still accounted for nearly 40 percent of the Horned Frogs' receiving scores over those three seasons. On tape, Reagor is at his best on straight-line routes where he can get upfield and utilize his 42-inch vertical. He has the body control to haul in contested catches, but it’s unclear if that skill-set will translate to the NFL given his size. To reach his Brandin Cooks-level ceiling, Reagor needs to fine-tune his releases at the line of scrimmage to avoid getting overpowered. Until then, he’ll compete as a low-volume downfield weapon with the ability to excel in returning both kicks and punts from Day 1.
Apr 23, 2020, 10:48 PM ET

Not sure aboot that one. Would have preferred to see a trade back a few spots, suspect he would still be there a few picks later. Meh, maybe no-one wanted to trade.

Does suggest they don't see DJax as anything more than a one year option, which is understandable given his age and recent injury history.

Not sure aboot that one. Would have preferred to see a trade back a few spots, suspect he would still be there a few picks later. Meh, maybe no-one wanted to trade.

Does suggest they don't see DJax as anything more than a one year option, which is understandable given his age and recent injury history.

They pretty much expressly said they didnt think he'd last, hence no trade down. Their rationale is that whilst it's a receiver heavy draft, it is not a draft loaded with outside speed at the position.

I'm not in love with it, but I don't hate it either. If he's just fast and competent that could be enough for us. We've still got weapons that work the middle of the field- Ertz, Goeddert, Sanders are still dangerous themselves. It's the threat of the deep ball to keep the defence honest that helps. And he'll immediately contribute on PR and KR I'd imagine.

TBH, I'm not really upset about the Cowboys getting Lamb. I would have liked him, but their roster make up is insanely imbalanced- the amount of resourcing both in terms of picks and money that they have tied up in offensive skill positions, whilst ignoring positions of need like their interior line... Let's just say I don't think they lost this year because Dak didnt have enough weapons.

Last edited:
They pretty much expressly said they didnt think he'd last, hence no trade down. Their rationale is that whilst it's a receiver heavy draft, it is not a draft loaded with outside speed at the position.

I'm not in love with it, but I don't hate it either. If he's just fast and competent that could be enough for us. We've still got weapons that work the middle of the field- Ertz, Goeddert, Sanders are still dangerous themselves. It's the threat of the deep ball to keep the defence honest that helps. And he'll immediately contribute on PR and KR I'd imagine.

TBH, I'm not really upset about the Cowboys getting Lamb. I would have liked him, but their roster make up is insanely imbalanced- the amount of resourcing both in terms of picks and money that they have tied up in offensive skill positions, whilst ignoring positions of need like their interior line... Let's just say I don't think they lost this year because Dak didnt have enough weapons.

We lost because we had a dumb * head coach and Cobb needed to be replaced. Not taking Lamb at #17 would of been the biggest mistake ever especially if we went S or CB. 3 massive weapons at WR now coupled with Zeke and a new HC that knows how to run an offense sees me happy!

We will be heavily defensive based I feel for the rest of the draft with maybe a future / project C drafted late. Not 1 leading Safety off the board yet either has us in a perfect position to address serious areas of need in Rd 2 and 3.

If I were Philly I was taking Jefferson before Reagor any day of the week and twice on Sunday. But that is just my opinion as I don’t like under sized WRs from average colleges taken early.

We lost because we had a dumb fu** head coach and Cobb needed to be replaced. Not taking Lamb at #17 would of been the biggest mistake ever especially if we went S or CB. 3 massive weapons at WR now coupled with Zeke and a new HC that knows how to run an offense sees me happy!

We will be heavily defensive based I feel for the rest of the draft with maybe a future / project C drafted late. Not 1 leading Safety off the board yet either has us in a perfect position to address serious areas of need in Rd 2 and 3.

If I were Philly I was taking Jefferson before Reagor any day of the week and twice on Sunday. But that is just my opinion as I don’t like under sized WRs from average colleges taken early.

Largely because you have a bad quarterback- and his weapons were already such that he still nearly threw for 5000 yards. Replacing a WR3 with a first round pick? Yeah sure, if you can. But I'm not sold it's the best use of resource. Might have been a better team with a trade down, and getting a guy like Ruiz to solidify the line. Having said that, I don't really fault you for what you did- based upon the projections it's a value pick, I'm just not that upset about it- certainly compared to other Eagles. Cooper tends to rip us apart at will whenever we play, provided Dak makes the throws- I'm not sure adding someone else changes that. And you'll still need to be feeding Zeke.

Re: Jefferson- we didn't need a volume receiver, we needed explosion. We still have Ertz /Goedert working the middle. I probably wanted Jefferson the least out of the receiving prospects- a volume receiving not explosive slot receiver. I'm not saying he will bust or anything, just not necessarily what our team needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back