Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

the plot thickens...

Looking more & more like this offensive coaching staff is being setup to cater for a young developing QB.

or to "re-teach" Carson? Either way, none of the coaching changes so far have raised any concerns for me though I would have liked Duce to stay but understand he needed to go for his own benefit

or to "re-teach" Carson? Either way, none of the coaching changes so far have raised any concerns for me though I would have liked Duce to stay but understand he needed to go for his own benefit

If Wentz was on board with this hiring then sure, that's a possibility. If not & this is another move sprung on him, like the Hurts pick was, he must be gonksi.

Eagles coach Nick Sirianni said he plans to call plays on offense.
Sirianni never called plays under Colts coach Frank Reich. That will change in Philly, where he'll have full control of the offense and gameday decisions. It's a lot for a first-year head coach, but this doesn't come as a huge surprise, as Sirianni was hired for his high-level offensive concepts. Eagles OC Shane Steichen will serve as a sounding board for Sirianni and help with gameplanning throughout the week.
SOURCE: philadelphiaeagles.com
Jan 29, 2021, 11:23 AM ET

Some recent comments by Malcom Jenkins on the Eagles & Wentz backs up much of what is already out there - he's a stubborn prick who's unwilling to change & they let him get away with it. Both parties are equally at fault imho so go your own ways & lets move on.

“Well I think as a teammate and a friend of Carson’s, I think that it always starts with performance. And he hasn’t performed up to, I think, the expectations that everybody has had for him. I don’t think he would say he has played up to his own expectations. But some of the other issues that I felt when I was in the locker room was just that there was too much leeway and it didn’t make him a better player. I don’t think they did him any favors by trying to kind of protect his ego or trying to…you know, really protect him as a player as opposed to keeping it just like every other player, keeping it performance based. And really being real about what he needed to improve on, but also adjusting to put him in places that can make him successful. I think that is a little bit on the coaching staff, that is also some onus on the player, like every player should go into every offseason evaluating what they did well, what they didn’t do well, you look to see improvement year-after-year. But if that is not the case and you don’t see it and there are no changes and it is not being addressed, then I know as a player you almost feel like ‘What are we doing?’ To do the same thing over-and-over again and expect different results is insanity. And unfortunately I think that a little bit of that has taken place of the last two years, and obviously this offseason showed that something had to change in a major way, and Carson is still there, and so he still — regardless of who they bring in to coach him and get him better — he is still going to have to improve as a player in order for that team to have success.”

:$

"After five seasons, Pederson finally insisted on being his own man: hiring his own staff, determining which players would play when and where, and insisting on more input in roster composition. These insistences cost him a sixth season."

If you're going to post sh*t at least try & get it from a decent source not some throwback troll wannabe.

Good article. Were you impressed with your head coaches press conference?

its garbage & makes you look as bad as he is.

First time head coach gets nervous at press conference, big ******* woop.
Ill try and find more positive articles in future to make you feel better about your head coach. .🤗🌈

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey you're the one who quoted a known lowbrow troll, otherwise nice work though :p

I'll ask you for now on before I post any articles if the author is alright in your books. 👍

Many humble apologies.

The first part of that article is written in a terrible "attack the new coach" way, which is a shame because a lot of what he writes I think is true. Sirriani must have thought these things through, even at a high level, before even being interviewed. And I agree lurie/howie hired someone that won't want as much control. But the way the article stars makes it hard to read the whole thing.

when I come onto the Panthers board posting troll sh*t, go ahead & let me know how you feel:thumbsu:

I didn't write the article, didn't realise you hated the bloke who wrote it. Thought it was a legit source being from the inquirer.

I'll let you post the only negative things for now on. Understood. You cant handle opposition fans posting it. No worries.

Former Eagles head coach Doug Pederson was concerned about Travis Travis Fulgham's "work habits" during the 2020 season.
Pederson's concerns could explain why Fulgham -- after a blistering start in which he went for 435 yards and four touchdowns in five games -- was quickly phased out of the Philadelphia offense. Fulgham caught just nine passes over the season's final eight games. "Fulgham got into Pederson’s doghouse and never got out," NBC Sports' Reuben Frank said. Fulgham, Frank added, could benefit from new head coach Nick Sirianni, a former receivers coach. Still, Fulgham is unlikely to start the 2021 season as a top-three pass catching option in the Eagles offense.
SOURCE: NBCSports.com
Feb 2, 2021, 11:21 AM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back