Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

The Star-Ledger's Mike Kaye reports potential trade partners have been "unwilling to meet the Eagles’ demands" for Carson Wentz.
The Eagles "don’t want to give Wentz up for much less" than what the Lions got for Matthew Stafford. It's an asking price teams are balking at, as the Rams overpaid for Stafford and Wentz is coming off a disastrous 2020. The Colts have asked for a player along with Wentz to help close the gap, while Chicago is "growing impatient" with the Eagles. Wentz is still likely to be dealt, but it may not happen until deeper in the offseason.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Newark Star Ledger
Feb 10, 2021, 11:12 AM ET

Without reading that, the suspicion would be drafting another QB in about the 3rd round.

Well that went well, a 2nd & a 2nd would have been about right so the Colts did well here but at least it's done.

I think everyone knows the games that go on beforehand, and why there were "leaks" that the starting point was a first round.

But man you make yourself look ridiculous to your fan base when you're talking about a 1 + and end up with substantially less than that.

Without reading that, the suspicion would be drafting another QB in about the 3rd round.

I think everyone knows the games that go on beforehand, and why there were "leaks" that the starting point was a first round.

But man you make yourself look ridiculous to your fan base when you're talking about a 1 + and end up with substantially less than that.
The hot talk is a qb at #6

Absolutely disgusting trade by the Eagles. How the fu** does Howie Roseman still have a job???? The guy is ******* WORST THAN USELESS. fu** I am mad after reading the trade this morning

Settle down mate 😂

The likelihood that conditional second round becomes a first is probably 80%+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely disgusting trade by the Eagles. How the fu** does Howie Roseman still have a job???? The guy is ******* WORST THAN USELESS. fu** I am mad after reading the trade this morning

Unfortunately beggars cant be choosers, the Colts held all the cards here if no one else was really serious about Wentz. Had to get him off the books & if by some miracle the 2nd turns into a 1st, that's probably the best that could have been hoped for.

What happens from here though - are they going to give Hurts a go or draft a QB at 6 (or try to move up to 3 or 4)? With the holes in the list, I think having to draft another QB now would probably really piss off an already twitchy fan base. A few popcorn moments coming up.

I'm probably less upset about the draft compensation and more upset about the $33m in dead cap that we'll wear this season on him. That's where blame should stem from.

I'm also a bit upset to be losing him. Nothing that Hurts did this year - nothing that they let Hurts do - excited me like Wentz over his first 2 seasons. I know he's currently broken, but you can fix him with a guru who will cost a ******* lot less than $33m and the s**t ton of draft capital we've given up by investing in Wentz.

I was hoping this was the year that we took the gun WR and Devonta Smith fell to 6. Now it looks like we're hoping for... I don't even know. I doubt Fields is still there at 6. Don't rate Wilson that highly. There's no way we go back to ND state with Lance.

Maybe "QB competition" means hoping for a big name cut/reclamation project, ala Sam Darnold? Tanehill makes that route look good, Winston looks like getting a chance to.

edit: *, it's going to be Foles...

We didnt tho.

Thanks for the memories.... actually 🧐 nah... catch ya Wentz. Let’s get Andrew Luck out of retirement as the back up/the guy just for shats and giggles.

I’m so torn on this. I loved Wentz before this season. But there was so many fundamental flaws in his game that were deplorable this season that I truly wonder whether he could reach the same heights.

Regardless of how he played, this is such a ridiculous failure by our organisation. How Howie still has a job is beyond me.

As an FYI, that’s probably the last time I buy a jersey with a players name on it.

If Colts look like missing playoffs they will bench him so they don't have to give a first

And then have to deal with trading him in the offseason because he literally quits on the franchise rather than trying to improve?

Doubt it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back