Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway through the red haze, is this some sort of move to free up picks for Watson is the only thing that might make sense, no?

I wouldnt think teams are planning for Watson anymore. Lot of water to go under that bridge before we know when (even if) he will play again.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
I love bashing Roseman but I think he's actually done well and been smart here. Phili need to reboot the roster with multiple early picks, one skill position player at #6 wasn't going to solve the roster issues.

It's actually a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation - stay at 6, get a stud WR to give Hurts something to work with while hoping the rest of the wideout room gives you something - move to 12 then the logical choice here is CB which is also a desperate need but Hurts gets to have the full Wentz experience of being under supported with offensive weapons.

This reeks of Roseman again thinking he's smart enough to pluck gems out of later round picks instead of just biting the bullet for once & taking the best available to him. Yeah, good luck with that.

It's actually a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation - stay at 6, get a stud WR to give Hurts something to work with while hoping the rest of the wideout room gives you something - move to 12 then the logical choice here is CB which is also a desperate need but Hurts gets to have the full Wentz experience of being under supported with offensive weapons.

This reeks of Roseman again thinking he's smart enough to pluck gems out of later round picks instead of just biting the bullet for once & taking the best available to him. Yeah, good luck with that.

With so many QBs going earlier than #12 it will push a lot of the skill position talent down the board, I wouldn't be surprised if one of Smith or Waddle is there at #12.

Top 3 picks look to be QBs. Atlanta aren't selecting a WR. Cowboys, Giants, Broncos and Panthers won't be teams to draft a receiver in picks ahead of you also I wouldn't think.

Either of those guys would be ok but this team must do something at CB, that's where I'd be looking with this pick.

I'm not sure why you were getting upset about trading down in the first place then?

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
I'm not sure why you were getting upset about trading down in the first place then?

Upset? lol, this s**t is par for the course of late. & 'frustration' is the word you were looking for.

I'd rather just Pitts or Chase at 6, give Hurts something to work with, see what he's got with a real talent. But that's not happening so Horn at 12 would satisfy.

Upset? lol, this sh*t is par for the course of late. & 'frustration' is the word you were looking for.

I'd rather just Pitts or Chase at 6, give Hurts something to work with, see what he's got with a real talent. But that's not happening so Horn at 12 would satisfy.

I think Smith and Waddle could be as good or better than Chase. All three are guns. No clear #1 to me. All bring something different.

I love JayCee. Would be a good pick.

I love bashing Roseman but I think he's actually done well and been smart here. Phili need to reboot the roster with multiple early picks, one skill position player at #6 wasn't going to solve the roster issues.

They're not equivalent.

We picked up a far less valuable pick next year. Our experience has been that we do not get difference makers with those picks, and that is what this roster so desperately needs.

Our earliest picks have been Wentz, Cox and Lane Johnson. Can think whatever you like about Wentz now, but the other two have been decades long studs. We don't need that sort of impact player?

They're not equivalent.

We picked up a far less valuable pick next year. Our experience has been that we do not get difference makers with those picks, and that is what this roster so desperately needs.

Our earliest picks have been Wentz, Cox and Lane Johnson. Can think whatever you like about Wentz now, but the other two have been decades long studs. We don't need that sort of impact player?

And why can't you draft a difference maker from #12 when the top 10 will have 3 QBs pick in it a least (possibly 5) ? The Eagles like my own team have plenty of holes so there is no reason why you can't find what you're looking for at one position of need at least.

Meanwhile a lot of teams ahead of you don't have similar needs (be that cb or wr) When you can do that trading is back is a smart play.

It all depends how much you believe in Pitts being that guy everyone says he is. I like him, but I'm not buying the hype that a lot of draft experts are dealing out. Evan Engram with better hands or Noah Fant are the NFL comparisons I see with him. (and there is no certainty he will even be there at #6 either way)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And why can't you draft a difference maker from #12 when the top 10 will have 3 QBs pick in it a least (possibly 5) ? The Eagles like my on team have plenty of holes so there is no reason why you can't find what you're looking for at one position of need at least.

Meanwhile a lot of teams ahead of you don't have similar needs (be that cb or wr) When you can do that trading is back is a smart play.

It all depends how much you believe in Pitts being that guy every says he is. I like him, but I'm not buying the hype that a lot of draft experts are dealing out. Evan Engram with better hands or Noah Fant are the NFL comparisons I see with him. (and there is no certainty he will even be there at #6 either way)

I think the players likely to be available are further down the tiers, and not the same level of difference maker. I wanted Chase personally.

I think the players likely to be available are further down the tiers, and not the same level of difference maker. I wanted Chase personally.

Yea I understand that from your own perspective. I'm not sure that there is such a steep drop off at WR after Chase to Smith and Waddle tho.

Yea I understand that from your own perspective. I'm not sure that there is such a steep drop off at WR after Chase to Smith and Waddle tho.

Time will tell: the only thing I can be confident about is that if the Eagles have formed that view based upon their assessment of the various WRs, the precise opposite will be true. Jefferson and DK.

Time will tell: the only thing I can be confident about is that if the Eagles have formed that view based upon their assessment of the various WRs, the precise opposite will be true. Jefferson and DK.

Maybe thats why Howie traded down? To take "choice" out of his hands. 🤗

Look at us Vikings drafting Jefferson in the 2nd after all those other teams drafted WRs in the first. You can find difference makers if youve got a keen enough eye at GM.
Good point, but the vikings drafted him in the first tho you dumbass. 😂

Good point, but the vikings drafted him in the first tho you dumbass. 😂

And its really the case against what we're doing.

Instead of doing the obvious thing we outsmarted ourselves again. Hard not to think we did it again here.

And its really the case against what we're doing.

Instead of doing the obvious thing we outsmarted ourselves again. Hard not to think we did it again here.

You sound like me with the Melbourne football club. Everything we do I question and I usually turn out right. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back