Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read the article and tell me what you think, sounds like a similar situation to the Browns of a few years ago though, analytics people and football people fighting for power from the owner...

He should be sacked if we give up anything to get back inside the top 10.

The only way you'd do that is for a particular player... in which case you should've held onto 6 til draft day and traded down if it was looking good.

The only reason I could imagine going inside the top 10 is 1) if we want the best defensive player available (which you'll get at 8 or 9, before Dallas at 10 who may yet take an o-lineman), or 2) if we want one of the receivers... in which case, again, Roseman should be sacked. Because the way it's going to play out we would've gotten, at worst, the 2nd best receiver at 6.

I've come around to the move out of 6 to 12, it added a first next year while giving Hurts a chance to prove himself this season. If that doesnt work out then you have plenty of ammo to address the QB position in 2022 but if Hurts does show promise, those first rounders could push the roster over the top.

Gotta nail this draft though, 11 picks, get that right & this could be a much less painful transition than most are expecting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back