Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I've come around to the move out of 6 to 12, it added a first next year while giving Hurts a chance to prove himself this season. If that doesnt work out then you have plenty of ammo to address the QB position in 2022 but if Hurts does show promise, those first rounders could push the roster over the top.

Gotta nail this draft though, 11 picks, get that right & this could be a much less painful transition than most are expecting.

I don't have a problem with the trade as it stands - I don't think we'll get Pitts or Chase, but the Bama WRs might still be in play, as might Surtain and Farley if we go defence. It wouldn't completely stun me if we went for Slater or Vera-Tucker either, though none of the mocks are showing o-line as a priority for us.

I'm just going to flip out if we trade back up before draft day, because it will mean that we either didn't do our due diligence before the trade, or that we jumped the gun with the trade and realised it was a mistake.

If the Falcons trade out and another QB goes at 4, if the Bengals can't pass up Pitts, if Miami take Chase, then the Lions take one of the 'Bama receivers... well then I hope we'd be considering a draft day trade for Sewell, cos I think he's generational o-line talent. But unless you're getting Pitts or Sewell or 8 or 9, I don't really want to see a draft day trade either, and I don't see either of those players getting past the Bengals and the Lions.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
My biggest problem is that I genuinely don't like anyone likely to be available at 12 as 'bpa'
If that is your biggest problem (as compared say to the state of your BFFFL team roster), then my friend you are rolling in sunshine, rainbow donughts and unicorn frogs...

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Should be wrapped. Howie dun gud. 👍

Nice of the Cowboys to help secure him after we did them a solid last draft to get them Lamb as I doubt the Eagles were the only ones who wanted to get up to 10.

Happy to rag on Howie when he deserves it but he's done well so far, another 9 picks to go though....

Nice of the Cowboys to help secure him after we did them a solid last draft to get them Lamb as I doubt the Eagles were the only ones who wanted to get up to 10.

Happy to rag on Howie when he deserves it but he's done well so far, another 8 to go though....

Really good trade up when you see the Giants took Toney at #20 . No doubt they would have taken Smith imo.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.

Would have gone first round if it wasn't for the injury history which reads as -

"At Florida State, he suffered a torn right ACL in 2016 and season-ending ankle injuries in 2017 and 2018. At Alabama, he developed into the best center in the nation but suffered a torn left ACL in December 2020."

Early 2nd seems too high a pick with that injury baggage, should have addressed corner with there plenty of options still on the board. Upside is he can play anywhere on the O'Line but looks the obvious replacement for Kelce.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix

Would have gone first round if it wasn't for the injury history which reads as -

"At Florida State, he suffered a torn right ACL in 2016 and season-ending ankle injuries in 2017 and 2018. At Alabama, he developed into the best center in the nation but suffered a torn left ACL in December 2020."

Early 2nd seems too high a pick with that injury baggage, should have addressed corner with there plenty of options still on the board. Upside is he can play anywhere on the O'Line but looks the obvious replacement for Kelce.

I love the oline pick, but yeah a guy with an injury history probably shouldn't be drafted to a TEAM with an injury history. Will play guard then move to C when Kelce retires

We had to draft Smith btw, happy with it.

There weren't any other players in the draft who could fake coach out with a three rock gambit. Thought he was going scissors each time, but BAM.

It's Davis , not Smith!

Back