Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Your last pick blew up his pro day, some ridiculous numbers that some found unbelievable.

GG posted about it a month or ago.

If those numbers are fair dinkum he could be a steal.

Would have gone first round if it wasn't for the injury history which reads as -

"At Florida State, he suffered a torn right ACL in 2016 and season-ending ankle injuries in 2017 and 2018. At Alabama, he developed into the best center in the nation but suffered a torn left ACL in December 2020."

Early 2nd seems too high a pick with that injury baggage, should have addressed corner with there plenty of options still on the board. Upside is he can play anywhere on the O'Line but looks the obvious replacement for Kelce.

There are a couple of guys later that looked good at Centre and I agree that CB should have been priority here.
Still.. if he can get over the injury history we should have a steel and a Kelce replacement.

busy day tomorrow

E0Rmy-XXEAA2nYj

Nice picks or not, Howie really is a douche, old mate wasn't too impressed either.

Tom Donahue, senior director of player personnel. In an interview Howie said it was because of a player that got picked between 70 and 73 (DB, another DT). Would love to know Tom's side ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over emphasis on the defensive line, still need another corner or 2 and a punter (I think), incoming UDFA's could throw someone up. Might have a function linebacking corp sooner rather than later. Is Ertz still out the door? If so, maybe add another player of need as part of that move? Don't like pick 2, very good player but too big a risk at that position with that injury history & the Eagles record of injury management. But overall, Howie did better than ok I suspect, somewhere around a 7/10.

1 (10) - DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
2 (37) - Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
3 (73) - Milton Williams, DT, Louisiana Tech
4 (123) - Zech McPhearson, CB,
Texas Tech
5 (150) - Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis
6 (189) - Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC
6 (191) - Tarron Jackson, DE, Coastal Carolina
6 (224) - JaCoby Stevens, LB,
LSU
7 (234) - Patrick Johnson, LB, Tulane

Over emphasis on the defensive line, still need another corner or 2 and a punter (I think), incoming UDFA's could throw someone up. Might have a function linebacking corp sooner rather than later. Is Ertz still out the door? If so, maybe add another player of need as part of that move? Don't like pick 2, very good player but too big a risk at that position with that injury history & the Eagles record of injury management. But overall, Howie did better than ok I suspect, somewhere around a 7/10.

1 (10) - DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
2 (37) - Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
3 (73) - Milton Williams, DT, Louisiana Tech
4 (123) - Zech McPhearson, CB,
Texas Tech
5 (150) - Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis
6 (189) - Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC
6 (191) - Tarron Jackson, DE, Coastal Carolina
6 (224) - JaCoby Stevens, LB,
LSU
7 (234) - Patrick Johnson, LB, Tulane
first 4 picks are all positions we needed to address, the rest are just value picks which I don't have a problem with.

P.S. I just made the mistake of looking at our dead cap hit for this season ..... $40mil :sleepy: which is almost 1/5th of put cap

I thought you guys drafted well and I am not looking forward to facing Smith with our secondary for the next few years at least.

Some good value picks late that could be anything and we also did the same thing with late selections.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back