Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, I come in peace.

Just wondering what everyone's view of Hurts is in terms of potential franchise QB? I watched around a dozen game tapes of Hurts when he was in college, and he frustrated the heck out of me. Would do some amazing stuff and then screw up the simple things.

I don't know how to view Hurts right now. 2nd season as a pro but 1st in a new system. From my perspective he seems to be quite the one trick pony right now (that is - roll out right and throw it deep or use the roll out to get a favourable angle to scramble for rushing yards). Philly are likely going to have 3 top 12 picks this year, so they'll have their pick of the litter if they want to go in a different QB direction - though the QB draft class this year certainly doesn't appear to be strong (right now).

Would love to know your thoughts, cheers.

Just wondering what everyone's view of Hurts is in terms of potential franchise QB? I watched around a dozen game tapes of Hurts when he was in college, and he frustrated the heck out of me. Would do some amazing stuff and then screw up the simple things.

I don't know how to view Hurts right now. 2nd season as a pro but 1st in a new system. From my perspective he seems to be quite the one trick pony right now (that is - roll out right and throw it deep or use the roll out to get a favourable angle to scramble for rushing yards). Philly are likely going to have 3 top 12 picks this year, so they'll have their pick of the litter if they want to go in a different QB direction - though the QB draft class this year certainly doesn't appear to be strong (right now).

The bit I highlighted is still 100% accurate though more heavily waited to screwing up the simple things than in college. The play calling/coaching changes/O-Line changes certainly aren't helping him. As for being a franchise QB, still not sure but looking doubtful unfortunately.

Hurts accuracy doesn't look to be improving though as trikster points out, he's not being done many favours. As for being a franchise QB, I doubt he will be given the chance & will be traded in the offseason to sit somewhere as a backup as the Eagles look to the draft for the next 'QB factory' candidate...

Mailata is clearly still hampered by that knee but even still, that O Line was overall very poor yesterday so combine that with Sirianni's dog breakfast of a game plan & what chance does Hurts really have? Not much I'd say.

Just on gameplan, it looked like Steichen was calling plays on that first drive yesterday where they looked good & scored relatively easily. Then Sirianni called the rest of the game & normal transmission resumed. Or was I seeing things?

Fletch aside, the big thing about that play is what in the world are the linebackers supposed to be doing? Doesn't make any sense on so many levels.

Anyway, I'm taking the Lions at +3.5 all freaking day, I don't see how they lose this game as the Eagles coaches have lost the locker room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity Sanders is out for a while but Howard should come up who along with Gainwell & Scott still provide plenty of options. Surely the message must be getting through to this coaching group, surely...

FC9qX8EWUBIxtNC.jpg

Jalen Hurts has either thrown the ball, run the ball or gotten sacked on 322 snaps this year. That’s the most in the NFL. Tom Brady is second at 316 and Pat Mahomes is next at 309. The Eagles have run 421 total plays, which means 75 percent of their offensive snaps have gone through Hurts. He’s being asked to do more than any QB in the NFL. What a disservice it is to a young quarterback to put three-quarters of the offense on his plate.

hate those type of endings with a passion, some good sighs today though for Hurts, made some really nice throws in the second half esp over the middle where he's been gun shy to date, should give him & Smith confidence going forward.

Bring back Schwartz

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They did some good stuff at times, stopping a couple of 4th downs but no punts, no sacks, no QB hits & yet another QB has thrown for >80% completion, 5 so far this season & both Herbert & Carr did so with greater then 30 passes, that's just nuts. Basically anyone with a bit of experience would be an improvement.

Last edited:
They did some good stuff at times, stopping a couple of 4th downs but no punts, no sacks, no QB hits & yet another QB has thrown for >80% completion, 5 so far this season & both Herbert & Carr did so with greater then 30 passes, that's just nuts. Basically anyone with a bit of experience would be an improvement.
and the worst bit is when players (especially Cox) are asked about their role, lack of blitzing, etc, their response is basically "ask the DC" ... you can tell they aren't happy playing for Gannon.

But at least Sirianni and the O play calling is improving

If the question is - would you have been happy with these numbers at the start of the season? - the answer would always be 'yes'.

The rushing TD's don't count. Even when Lamar was MVP in regular season he was 1 and done in playoffs because running QB's don't win in playoffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back