Philippines

Ciderhound

Cancelled
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone been? Thinking of heading to Cebu in November for a couple of days in November and then explore for another week or 2.

Big fan of of beaches and nature sort of stuff and less of tbe party scene if that helps.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I've only been to Manila for a day's stopover. My nephew has lived in Cebu for the last 5 years. He loves it and says he doesn't have the slightest desire to return to Australia.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Have been there close to a dozen times and love it.
Hadn’t been there until about 10 years ago when a mate got married to a girl who was born in the Philippines. We went with them a couple of times and stayed with her family and fell in love with the place especially Panay where most of her family lives.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone been? Thinking of heading to Cebu in November for a couple of days in November and then explore for another week or 2.

Big fan of of beaches and nature sort of stuff and less of tbe party scene if that helps.

Got a friend in Cebu at the moment. Went swimming with whale Sharks yesterday.

Check out Bohol as well if you like beaches

My ex has some of her family living over there, and occasionally goes for extended stays. If you are white you'll be treated like royalty.

I first went to the Philippines for work in the 80's, went back again early 90's. I spent time in Manilla and Subic Bay, and was there during the various attempted coups that occurred during the period. It was strange sitting in a burger joint drinking beers when there would be a gun fight out in the street between Soldiers and rebels. After the firing stopped, the police would swoop in and throw the body in the back of the truck and everyone would go back to drinking.

I am glad that we didn't have mobile phones back then! ;)

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As

A few of my friends in Taiwan have gone there over the last six months.

Sensational spot if you like beaches, snorkeling and scuba diving.

Has been described as putting Latin America in Asia. People are very friendly, easy to talk to and can speak great English from the same friend's feedback.

Back