Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

Tyler Ulis' best game for us this season. Not seeing much considering he hasn't been playing great this season but it's good to see him finally hitting shots and making good passes.

Alex Len had a great performance, and it's about time. He has been really inconsistent this season.

Geez this team has problems. Other than Booker and Warren, there's not much there that fills me with any confidence. We have so many limited players on the roster . Chriss can throw down an alley-oop and occasionally a block,but he has no intensity and is soft as butter. Also a foul machine. Speaking of soft, Bender and Len might both be 7 foot tall,but what's the point if you offer nothing inside and can't rebound or threaten a block. Jackson is the most worrying for me. I'm not sure what he was like in college, but it's cringey watching him play. His ball control is awful,looks drunk sometimes. His shooting is god awful, it's almost a relief when it's just a brick as an airball never seems to be out of the question. It astounds me that someone that's played basketball likely most of his life can look that bad shooting a jump shot.
Jackson really is starting to worry me, especially when I see how well Tatum is playing.

Not sure how much legs this Deandre Jordan rumour has, hopefully none...

But if we're giving up more than Greg Monroe for him then I'm done with this time for a while. There's no reason to have Jordan and Chandler on this team, even if Len is leaving.

Honestly, I just think he's trying to get a better deal at the Clippers and he actually doesn't want to play for us.

Not sure how much legs this Deandre Jordan rumour has, hopefully none...

But if we're giving up more than Greg Monroe for him then I'm done with this time for a while. There's no reason to have Jordan and Chandler on this team, even if Len is leaving.

Honestly, I just think he's trying to get a better deal at the Clippers and he actually doesn't want to play for us.
Yeah I call rubbish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent effort against the Sixers today. Once again too much reliance on Booker and Warren.
Chriss played one of his better games this season with some nice blocks and big rebounds. Chandler played pretty well too I thought.

Bender needs to toughen up. Plays too soft.
Said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not sure how Jackson was rated so highly and was such a high draft pick. He's god awful.
Yeah he hustles and tries hard,but his shooting is a disgrace and his ball handling skills aren't much better.

Decent effort against the Sixers today. Once again too much reliance on Booker and Warren.
Chriss played one of his better games this season with some nice blocks and big rebounds. Chandler played pretty well too I thought.

Bender needs to toughen up. Plays too soft.
Said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not sure how Jackson was rated so highly and was such a high draft pick. He's god awful.
Yeah he hustles and tries hard,but his shooting is a disgrace and his ball handling skills aren't much better.
You should have known he was a suspect player given Phoenix's ability to pick an underperformer with a top 10 pick.

Bender, Chriss, and Len. Futher add to that the list of other 'quality' top 20 picks they've produced. Earl Clark, Markieff Morris, Robin Lopez, and Zarko Cabarkapa.

The amount of duds they've drafted outweighs the gems they've found along the way. Amare, Matrix, Booker and Nash, who the traded before he got good.

Don't give up on Bender. He's only 20 and his frame will take time to develop. He's already close to our best defender (not saying much I know). It's frustrating but be patient.

Bender can shoot, but he's scared to shoot.

Needs to develop an inside game so his outside game can get going. Defenders get in his face on the perimeter knowing he won't drive.

His defence is 'meh', but he does use his length and doesn't over-commit so he's beating Chriss in that regard.

Massive game from Chriss. I think his best a start a Sun.

Booker scores 12 within the last 4 mins when we're down 10. Huge.

With Warren and Booker we've got two pieces to the contending puzzle. Just have to find a PG to run the show.

Massive game from Chriss. I think his best a start a Sun.

Booker scores 12 within the last 4 mins when we're down 10. Huge.

With Warren and Booker we've got two pieces to the contending puzzle. Just have to find a PG to run the show.
Surely our first priority in the draft is a PG. We could possibly use a better quality centre as I'm still dubious that Len is the long term answer as a starter, but I'd be more keen to trade to fill that role if it was possible.

I really like the look of Trae Young. He has elite passing and scores well. Not sure how his defense is though?
He will go top 5 now for sure. The way we are playing i doubt will get a top 5 this year

He will go top 5 now for sure. The way we are playing i doubt will get a top 5 this year

Yeah, which is a shame because the top 5 is about where we want to be. This year's draft class seems to have about 8 guys who are showing very high potential - Bagley, Ayton, Bamba, Doncic, Porter Jr, Jackson, Sexton and Young

Fortunately we've got at least 2 picks to work with, hoping we try trade up if we can

Awesome team effort. I thought I was in bizarro world with Bender blocking everything and Jackson hitting 3s.
I've been a big critic of Jackson,but he played awesome. Looked to have his confidence up and was hustling.
Bender was playing like a real big man today and is almost a given to hit those open 3 pointers.
Ulis played a great game too I thought.

Troy Daniels needs to make better decisions, shoots too many 3s when it's not the best choice.

Last edited:
Yeah Daniels thinks he's a Houston Rocket at times with his jacking. Book looked solid playing the PG role when Ulis was off the floor

Yeah Daniels thinks he's a Houston Rocket at times with his jacking. Book looked solid playing the PG role when Ulis was off the floor
Booker had some very nice assists. TJ Warren is the master of those sneaky cuts to the basket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back