Phoenix Suns Thread - Game 1 Pacific Division Champions

Sylvia Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
8 straight losses but now 3 out of past 4 have been wins. 8th seed and an annihilation from the Lakers in the playoffs is still a chance lol.

Ayton hasn't played much this season after the suspension and injuries, but it seems like 15/10 is his normal day out. Pretty good numbers, but any chance those 15 points can become 20+ soon? I know not everyone can come in and be Doncic, but that would be really nice.

Someone also needs to explain the Trevor Ariza for Oubre Jr trade to me. That seems like one of the most lopsided trades in recent memory.

Look2Me4Guidance

Destination Club Supporter
Sep 10, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
8 straight losses but now 3 out of past 4 have been wins. 8th seed and an annihilation from the Lakers in the playoffs is still a chance lol.

Ayton hasn't played much this season after the suspension and injuries, but it seems like 15/10 is his normal day out. Pretty good numbers, but any chance those 15 points can become 20+ soon? I know not everyone can come in and be Doncic, but that would be really nice.

Someone also needs to explain the Trevor Ariza for Oubre Jr trade to me. That seems like one of the most lopsided trades in recent memory.
It was actually Ariza for Oubre and Austin Rivers whom we waived.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richard Cranium

Premiership Player
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Wasn't it because they had both Oubre and Otto Porter at the 3? But then they got rid of Porter as well (maybe that was after Wall's injury?), so maybe not...

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
Yeah, that's how I remembered it. They chose Otto Porter over Oubre and Oubre wanted to go to a team where he had a bigger role or something.

Look2Me4Guidance

Destination Club Supporter
Sep 10, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Wasn't it because they had both Oubre and Otto Porter at the 3? But then they got rid of Porter as well (maybe that was after Wall's injury?), so maybe not...
Yeah, that's how I remembered it. They chose Otto Porter over Oubre and Oubre wanted to go to a team where he had a bigger role or something.
Well Oubre was coming out of contract so they had a decision to make and chose accordingly. Ariza was only on a one year deal. You’re all correct though, one of the rare recent trades where we absolutely smashed it. Trading up to get Mikal Bridges also appears another.

Sylvia Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
26-21 today in 35 minutes! Monster numbers albeit against the Knicks.

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
Hopefully we can see him putting up these numbers consistently within a year or two

Top Bottom