Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

Been thinking more about the draft and starting to lean towards drafting Doncic.

Our needs are clearly at PG and C. If we draft Ayton, we can fill the C slot but who can we get as a PG? Elfrid Payton is one of the best options and he is a hot mess!

If we draft Doncic, we’ve got a better chance at signing a quality big in FA or via trade. Capela or Boogie. If we wait a year, we can have a shot at Myles Turner.

Next year’s draft is pretty thin on PG’s, so we may struggle to land one there also.

No knock on Ayton, but just thinking bigger picture.
I reckon you should take the all star big man. Which free agent pg in a few years time wouldn’t wanna run pick and roll with Ayton setting the screen and having he option to kick out to Booker ?

Been thinking more about the draft and starting to lean towards drafting Doncic.

Our needs are clearly at PG and C. If we draft Ayton, we can fill the C slot but who can we get as a PG? Elfrid Payton is one of the best options and he is a hot mess!

If we draft Doncic, we’ve got a better chance at signing a quality big in FA or via trade. Capela or Boogie. If we wait a year, we can have a shot at Myles Turner.

Next year’s draft is pretty thin on PG’s, so we may struggle to land one there also.

No knock on Ayton, but just thinking bigger picture.
Haha, funny how much our opinions has changed over the last weeks. I was 50/50 before, now leaning towards Ayton. You on the other other have gone the other way!

But yeah, I do agree with your logic. Drafting Doncic, then signing Capela this off-season would be perfect. Better than drafting Ayton and trading for or signing any other PG available on the market.

I reckon you should take the all star big man. Which free agent pg in a few years time wouldn’t wanna run pick and roll with Ayton setting the screen and having he option to kick out to Booker ?
The big man not look like an all star if we don’t have a solid PG to work with him.

Haha, funny how much our opinions has changed over the last weeks. I was 50/50 before, now leaning towards Ayton. You on the other other have gone the other way!

But yeah, I do agree with your logic. Drafting Doncic, then signing Capela this off-season would be perfect. Better than drafting Ayton and trading for or signing any other PG available on the market.
I know and I’ll probably change 5 more times. It’s not too bad a situation to be. In though.

I’m in the Ayton camp. However I’ve read a few times that Doncic might slide to 4 and Memphis might be willing to trade the pick.

It’s extremely unlikely and no doubt they’d want Booker or Jackson, but if I was McDonough I’d be going through the war chest to offer them some combination of 16 / 31 / Milwaukee’s 1st / Miami’s 1st / our 2019 1st / TJ / Chriss / Bender / Duds and/or any of the lesser duds on our bench / Barkley / Tom Chambers circa 1988 / cash considerations / the Suns Gorilla.

From Memphis’ perspective that list is like an all you can eat buffet of s**t but still it’s enjoyable to dream...

Ayton / Bender or Chriss or FA / Jackson / Doncic / Booker would work for me.

DdR9rW8V0AAO-kU.jpg

Good haul I think although tempered somewhat by giving the 2021 first.

If Elie can develop at PG, that’s 3 potential starters in 2021 from this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was baffled that we let the 2021 first go but that's probably what it took to get the deal done since Philly approached us with the trade apparently.

I don't really see Miami being a high lottery team in 2021. Although 3 years is a loooong time to be forecasting something like that, they've historically been a competitive team under Riley. So really if Bridges turns out to develop nicely then it's not such a bad trade, as we're banking on Bridges to be better than whoever we could draft with that pick. And is drafting high school players really that great to begin with? The Kobes, LeBrons, Garnetts are anomalies. I'd imagine the pick's value will no doubt increase once we found out for certain whether the one-and-done rule is being done away with though.

Overall, I'm quite happy with what we've ended up with and quite optimistic about the situation we're in. Bridges is already 21 and looks to have all the tools to fit into the NBA and this team.

198FA006-3F84-4DDD-9CE8-94E0F4E43BC9.jpeg
D84427A5-1578-40D3-869E-CD0697713F24.jpeg

And just like that,they were gone. Let’s be honest,there wasn’t really a place for either of them. Len played like a cat apart from the odd open dunk and falls way behind in the pecking order after Ayton, Chriss,Bender and Chandler

View attachment 517526
View attachment 517527

And just like that,they were gone. Let’s be honest,there wasn’t really a place for either of them. Len played like a cat apart from the odd open dunk and falls way behind in the pecking order after Ayton, Chriss,Bender and Chandler
Has this been confirmed anywhere? I can’t find it.

Interesting that they have pushed back Ulis’ guarantee date to the weekend and have just signed Elie Okobo to a 4 year $6 million deal.

Interesting that Illawarra’s latest import signing in the NBL will play summer league for the Suns

Has this been confirmed anywhere? I can’t find it.

Interesting that they have pushed back Ulis’ guarantee date to the weekend and have just signed Elie Okobo to a 4 year $6 million deal.

Interesting that Illawarra’s latest import signing in the NBL will play summer league for the Suns
Just saw it in a tweet from “Valley of the Suns”. Said the Suns were going to be renouncing both players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back