Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
Glad to put that series behind us.

Paul was incredible today, what an amazing performance, legendary stuff.

Defense has been pretty awful at times and Crowder has just been a liability at times.

I think we should be able to take care of Dallas though.

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Phew.

As an aside, has anyone ever shown DA how to set a screen? I don't think I've ever seen a bigman set such weak, nothing picks. I know he's a pretty slim guy but jeez... do something more than stand there and hope the defender will just give up!

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
Phew.

As an aside, has anyone ever shown DA how to set a screen? I don't think I've ever seen a bigman set such weak, nothing picks. I know he's a pretty slim guy but jeez... do something more than stand there and hope the defender will just give up!
DA is the reason we won this series.

He could barely miss. I've been so impressed with how consistent his shooting has been.

Agree that he is a little reluctant to be overtly physical, his rebounding is also a bit timid and he got out bodied by JV far too many times this series. I am dreading facing Memphis and seeing what Adams and JJJ would do to him.

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
DA is the reason we won this series.

He could barely miss. I've been so impressed with how consistent his shooting has been.

Agree that he is a little reluctant to be overtly physical, his rebounding is also a bit timid and he got out bodied by JV far too many times this series. I am dreading facing Memphis and seeing what Adams and JJJ would do to him.
Oh he was great. The screens were just something that really stood out and I hadn't really noticed before.

He'll get a max somewhere, but I also believe that he will ask out and we will trade him. His value is high right now, so we should get some value. It will be interesting to see what comes out the other end, but I am pretty confident that he will end up traded.

The rumours are flying already! KD, Dame, Miles Turner & Chris Duarte

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
He'll get a max somewhere, but I also believe that he will ask out and we will trade him. His value is high right now, so we should get some value. It will be interesting to see what comes out the other end, but I am pretty confident that he will end up traded.

The rumours are flying already! KD, Dame, Miles Turner & Chris Duarte
What? Are these rumours credible?

What? Are these rumours credible?

The most credible source so far is from Flex. Claims that a significant superstar has expressed interest in joining the Suns next season to take some pressure off Book and CP.

It's still early though, so who knows.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Hope it's true and it doesn't turn out to just be an insignificant superstar 🤞

Damian Lillard?

Most of the rumours are circling around Dame and KD. But I don't want to go that far until something more concrete is in place.

The best thing is, whilst everyone was worried about our cap going forward and going into the luxury, we have a heap of expiring contracts that will be invaluable in any negotiation.

I think I am reading this right.

Qualifying offers:
Deandre Ayton, Aaron Holiday, Ish Wainwright

Expiring Deals:
Jae Crowder, Dario, Torrey Craig, Cam Johnson.

We have almost $30 Million in moveable contracts, plus an MLE and BAE. Even if we decided to move on from Cam Payne, that's almost $35 Million, excluding any extension to DA (the 16 Mil qualifying offer is pointless unless DA wants to take the power point on his FA and cop a $9 million hit for next season). If we pull the qualifying offers on Holiday and Ish, that's another $7 million.

1652850690560.png

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Paying Crowder, Payne, Craig and Shamet a combined 30 million next season is be well and truly ****ed.

Also, James Jones exit interview with the media today effectively suggested that our strategy will be to likely just run it back with pretty much the same squad next season.
Well it's nice of him to let us know early that there's no plans of winning a title.

Back