Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

Although that was quite the loss to the Celtics.

Absolute shocker from Amare and JRich (Amare especially).

He needs to stop talking like hes gonna step up and be feared and actually just let his game do the talking for him.

Although garbage time, i liked seeing what Tucker, Dudley, Dragic all could do.
Tucker especially because hes an unknown and he has the best attitude towards basketball.

This is a 6 game roadtrip and this is only game 2.

So far 1-1

Bring on New York, Charlotte, Atlanta and Washington.

Although that was quite the loss to the Celtics.

Absolute shocker from Amare and JRich (Amare especially).

He needs to stop talking like hes gonna step up and be feared and actually just let his game do the talking for him.

Although garbage time, i liked seeing what Tucker, Dudley, Dragic all could do.
Tucker especially because hes an unknown and he has the best attitude towards basketball.

This is a 6 game roadtrip and this is only game 2.

So far 1-1

Bring on New York, Charlotte, Atlanta and Washington.

This road trip is turning out to be quite a nightmare for PHX :D :D :thumbsu:

Thanks :D I searched 'Phoenix' and 'Suns' but it didn't pop up.

Any other fans out there? I know we're not a big group haha.

Look2Me4Guidance is our resident Sun.

CourtzMajora ive head dealings with you on the gym/fitness thread yes? From memory you posted some selfies showing off your ripped back?

Look2Me4Guidance is our resident Sun.

CourtzMajora ive head dealings with you on the gym/fitness thread yes? From memory you posted some selfies showing off your ripped back?

Yeah I was ripped haha, well, not really.

I still get to gym 4 - 5 days a week but had a fair few injuries this year :( Am doing 10kg weighted pull ups though now :D

Yeah I was ripped haha, well, not really.

I still get to gym 4 - 5 days a week but had a fair few injuries this year :( Am doing 10kg weighted pull ups though now :D

soooo jelly. i cant do one pull up even without a weight.

i saw some bloke do it last night with i think a 10kg weigh dangling. thought it was gonna swing and hit him in the balls a la

Nice work on bumping this thread!

Was great to catch some Summer League action yesterday.

Bender will be a project but Chriss and Ulis look ready to play. Hopefully Chriss learns to manage those fouls!

Ulis - I was worried about his ability to defend given his size but boy did he impress me. He also seems to be very efficient and effective with the ball. Looking forward to seeing what type of role he plays this season, hopefully he gets opportunities. Needs to continue hanging around Booker, so he can develop his shot more.

Bender - I think he'll get better with time as he adjusts to the NBA style of play and gets more comfortable out there.

Chriss - still very raw I thought. I only watched a bit of the first game but if you looked at the box scores for that you'd think he had a shocker but he still put in a lot of effort. Same goes for the second game except this time it paid dividends in getting himself a nice stat sheet. I think his inexperience with the game shows at times but they're in areas that can be worked on with the right effort and time.

And of course the roughie... Alan Williams. Hopefully he gets a contract cause he has been balling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whats a neg p.u?

Basically you jump up and lower yourself down slowly, so doing a pull up in reverse basically.

Builds up strength :)

Yes I watched a bit of the Boston game yesterday and great seeing Booker and Ulis working together :D

Honestly don't get to watch much NBA as I've never had a league pass and just watching what I can on Foxtel, thinking of getting a league pass this year though especially since Fox hardly show any Suns games :(

Basically you jump up and lower yourself down slowly, so doing a pull up in reverse basically.

Builds up strength :)

Yes I watched a bit of the Boston game yesterday and great seeing Booker and Ulis working together :D

Honestly don't get to watch much NBA as I've never had a league pass and just watching what I can on Foxtel, thinking of getting a league pass this year though especially since Fox hardly show any Suns games :(

how did you become a "Sun"?

how did you become a "Sun"?

Big Barkley fan in the 90's, then stopped watching/caring till the late 2000's and picked up from there.

I was also a Chicago fan but when I met my now hubby he was a massive Bulls fan and I didn't want to like the same team so chose Suns full time haha.

A choice which sometimes I think why but hoping we'll be on the rise again soon :)

I think Earl Watson is a great fit for this young group. He seems a great teacher and is willing to give the young guys a chance.

Would love to see Alan Williams get that last roster spot. Real hustle guy. Give me a team of them over a champion player any day.

What do we all think about the starting 2 guard spot? Booker has to start for mine.

I definitely think Booker has to start as well, think he is the type you can build a franchise around.

I didn't get to watch much of Phoenix with Earl in charge so I can't comment yet, but like I said hoping to watch a lot more this coming season.

I think they'll go with Bledsoe and Knight at the start of the season with Booker as a sixth man but it wouldn't surprise me to see Booker eventually occupying the starting 2 role. I also think Booker could be played as a 3 in some stretches of the game throughout the season. If it were up to me though, I'd start Booker and give him the opportunity to continue developing his game through game time.

Based on the current roster we have now, I think our rotations/depth will be something like this

Chandler/Len
Dudley/Chriss/Bender
Tucker/Warren/Booker
Knight/Booker/Barbosa/Goodwin
Bledsoe/Ulis

I think we're in a great position right now with vets like Chandler, Dudley and Tucker surrounding the younger players.

Last edited:
Booker is the best player we have drafted since STAT.

No doubt about that. Bledsoe and Knight going down were a blessing as it allowed Booker serious burn.

The forgotten man is TJ Warren. I love this guy. He is our best mover without the ball and is really efficient.

We've got a pretty decent bench on paper I think.

No doubt about that. Bledsoe and Knight going down were a blessing as it allowed Booker serious burn.

The forgotten man is TJ Warren. I love this guy. He is our best mover without the ball and is really efficient.

We've got a pretty decent bench on paper I think.
I think there is talent there, big question mark remains on whether Len will ever make it and I am not overly optimistic about Bender. I think we will still be a bottom 4 team for at least one more season

I think there is talent there, big question mark remains on whether Len will ever make it and I am not overly optimistic about Bender. I think we will still be a bottom 4 team for at least one more season
If everyone stays healthy and that's a big if, I think we could push for an 8th seed, but I'll be happy watching this team develop. War chest is loaded for a big run in FA next year.

Just on Bender and Chriss. Remember they are both only 18 years old. Compare that to Dunn who was drafted at 5 who is 22. Understand we can't wait forever on them but at the same time I won't be writing them off if they have an ordinary season this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back