Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

What are we doing with Dudley? Moving him at the deadline?
Will be interesting with dudley. His pretty much getting know minutes which is surprising but a good thing that we are giving bender and chriss minutes.

I think the only players not on the trade are Booker, TJ, Bender Chriss and Ulis. The rest are possible to move even maybe bledsoe could be traded which i hope he doesn't.

Id like to continue the rebuild and if we could get some first round picks for some of the vets on the roster, id be all over that. Its freakin hard watching IT killing it for boston while we have knight on a team. Not Ryan McDonoughs greatest move considering we gave up the lakers pick for knight. It scares me to think what we will get for knight, his currency would be worth stuff all.

We never went fully hard for boogie because it would be silly to trade all our young assets and picks for potentially a player on a one year loan.

In 18 months boogie in unrestricted FA. Could you imagine if we traded 2 first rounders, chriss, bender and TJ for him and he left. The franchise would be straight back to the start of the rebuild.

As for the trade deadline, tucker is a bad lose but really its in his best interests. We clearly want to play the kids and that was evident against the bulls. Hes minutes would have been gone so why not trade him to a team that is contending and really need a player like Tucker. Tucker is a unrestricted FA in a few months he will be back then i hope.

The knight trade just gets worse and worse im clueless to know what we do with him. Not one team was interested in him, he got know minutes against the bulls so im not sure what happens from here, especially when hes on a high salary. I guess we still need him on the team to keep tanking, thats the only positive i guess.

We wouldn't have had to trade anywhere near what you said for Cousins.. did you see what the Pelicans gave up for him?

The trade could have been one first TJ and knight and it would have been better than what New Orleans offered

We wouldn't have had to trade anywhere near what you said for Cousins.. did you see what the Pelicans gave up for him?

The trade could have been one first TJ and knight and it would have been better than what New Orleans offered
They never wanted knight. They wanted booker part of the package. For some reason the kings rate Hield massively.

When the rumor first come out that the suns had spoken to the kings, that package was reported. It probably wouldn't have cost us that much but would you trade our first this year and a player like chriss, Booker or bender. Even thought you could pick cousins up as a FA in 18 months?

Cousins is a risk way to high to take a chance on for a team like the suns in a rebuild. We don't need him before he is FA and from all reports hes not the greatest locker room guy. Maybe bledsoe might change that because they grew up together.

If in 18 months we are looking like a playoff team and cousins was available at the right price id be all over it. I just don't see the need to trade for right him now.

I thought Ulis played great yesterday, was really lively around the court and gave the team energy. Should have played more minutes IMO as I thought Bledsoe started to have a negative effect on the game in the 4th qtr. I know Bledsoe wins a lot of free throws with his style of play,but when it's not working he turns into a bit of a turnover machine and his first thought is to get to the free throw line.

Warren played well,had those mid range jumpers coming out nicely. I wish Len could be a bit more more dominant around the rim. For a guy of his size and build he should be stronger.

I thought Ulis played great yesterday, was really lively around the court and gave the team energy. Should have played more minutes IMO as I thought Bledsoe started to have a negative effect on the game in the 4th qtr. I know Bledsoe wins a lot of free throws with his style of play,but when it's not working he turns into a bit of a turnover machine and his first thought is to get to the free throw line.

Warren played well,had those mid range jumpers coming out nicely. I wish Len could be a bit more more dominant around the rim. For a guy of his size and build he should be stronger.
Yeah im big fan ulis. Not sure if he will ever be a starter. I could see him being a awesome 6th man in the league, hopefully for the suns his whole career playing along side Devin.

TJ hopefully can get back to that form he had at the start of the year before he got that knock. He will get a lot more minutes now pj has gone.

Alex Len is just horrible, he does the dumbest s**t i cant see him going anywhere. I hope im wrong but he is bust in the making. We wasted that pick 5 in the draft. There where some quality big man that went afer him

They never wanted knight. They wanted booker part of the package. For some reason the kings rate Hield massively.

When the rumor first come out that the suns had spoken to the kings, that package was reported. It probably wouldn't have cost us that much but would you trade our first this year and a player like chriss, Booker or bender. Even thought you could pick cousins up as a FA in 18 months?

Cousins is a risk way to high to take a chance on for a team like the suns in a rebuild. We don't need him before he is FA and from all reports hes not the greatest locker room guy. Maybe bledsoe might change that because they grew up together.

If in 18 months we are looking like a playoff team and cousins was available at the right price id be all over it. I just don't see the need to trade for right him now.
Booker was never discussed as part of the trade, part of the appeal to Cousins was going to be the three Kentucky player line up of him Booker and Bled.

I probably wouldn't trade our first this year (without at least top 5 protection) I would happily trade Miami's first of next year along with TJ and Len.

Can you provide any examples of Cousins being a 'bad locker room guy'? He is certainly highly emotional and passionate, but from all reports he is a loyal and great teammate who just really wants to win, that doesn't make him a bad teammate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Booker was never discussed as part of the trade, part of the appeal to Cousins was going to be the three Kentucky player line up of him Booker and Bled.

I probably wouldn't trade our first this year (without at least top 5 protection) I would happily trade Miami's first of next year along with TJ and Len.

Can you provide any examples of Cousins being a 'bad locker room guy'? He is certainly highly emotional and passionate, but from all reports he is a loyal and great teammate who just really wants to win, that doesn't make him a bad teammate.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...uVcmECiGMFwLzIQ4g&sig2=fVN428cNi7EZc4CSK0PZCg

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...9x2Zqd6Ddvo0p9bIw&sig2=2z_rZ9fVeD6i8WzoS845hQ

Its been spoken about plenty of times that boogie in a hot head and that his personality would be a risk to a team trading for him.

After the boogie trade went down it was reported on a twitter feed that kings were after booker. And who wouldnt.

We will have to agree to disagree on the boogie trade. I just didn't want to take a risk on a potential loan player for some of our key assets

Another frustrating loss. Warren was great,that jump shot is money at the moment. Williams strong again with his inside work and that hook shot.

The ball needs to be in Bookers hands more, he doesn't get it enough and he's clearly our best player. Bledsoe does some amazing stuff and gets himself free throws,but * me he has a lot of turnovers and terrible shot attempts purely to milk fouls.
Ulis had a fairly poor showing following a good cameo against Chicago, part of that might have to do with the quality (or lack of) that he had on the court around him for the most part with Jones,Dudley, Barbosa etc.
We need a centre that isn't a total pussy. Len has the prototype build,but he has no ******* touch or finesse at all. The ball should be rolling off his fingertips,but he's just throwing it at the rim. Such a kitten inside too. If they had a decent centre, less bullshit from Bledsoe and a bit of quality off the bench rotation we'd be winning a lot more games. Hard to keep touch when Bledsoe,Booker, Warren and Chriss are off at the same time.

Ok? Carlton wanted Nakia Cockatoo for Bryce Gibbs, do you think Geelong even considered that? No, just like Phoenix would have laughed when Divac asked for Booker.

A discussion need to be a two way conversation

Ok? Carlton wanted Nakia Cockatoo for Bryce Gibbs, do you think Geelong even considered that? No, just like Phoenix would have laughed when Divac asked for Booker.

A discussion need to be a two way conversation

That was my piont, kings were only after booker in the trade or no dice. Thats why we were never really a chance to get cousins. You saying it was only going to cost us warren and knight was way off.

That was my piont, kings were only after booker in the trade or no dice. Thats why we were never really a chance to get cousins. You saying it was only going to cost us warren and knight was way off.
The fact that they accepted a trade of Hield, Evans and a protected 1st suggests that they were not only waiting for a golden offer. I may be biased but I think TJ Warren is far better than Tyreke Evans, and Alex Len would fill a hole they would have sufffered by trading Cousins, our first would have been more valuable too.

Anyway this is going nowhere, we are never going to agree on it

Would love to acquire someone with any sort of post presence this off season. I know it's not the way NBA is played now but we are woeful for post scoring or inside out playmakers. No idea who though. Is Jackson or Tatum skilled back to basket?

Very meh game,not much to really take out of it. Booker looked really off and seemed to be thrown off after the Carter tech foul. Warren and Williams were probably the stand outs again.

Bledsoe creates some plays,but he shits me off with his style of play. He loses the ball too often and slows the play down too much outside the arc.
Len was Len again. Terrible hands inside and couldn't finished within 2 feet of the rim if his life depended on it.

Ulis played well, very zippy around the court and tries to create movement. Gives some smart assists. Some nice dunks from Jones Jr.

Not sure why we keep giving Dudley so much time off the bench. He's old, overweight, can't defend and is too short to stop anyone near the rim. You obviously need mature players on the court,but I'd rather have Chandler on.

At least with the ssol team, our poor defense was covered by a great offense which was rarely outscored.

These days old teams that struggle with fast paced offense like the grizzlies are out pacing us, it's difficult to watch.

I Don't think drafting Lonzo Ball or Markelle Fultz is the answer either

At least with the ssol team, our poor defense was covered by a great offense which was rarely outscored.

These days old teams that struggle with fast paced offense like the grizzlies are out pacing us, it's difficult to watch.

I Don't think drafting Lonzo Ball or Markelle Fultz is the answer either

Who would you take?

Id take fultz first then jackson second

Remove this Banner Ad

Back