Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

Well well well!

The Jazz have owned us in recent seasons.

Great win.

Booker off game but clutch down the stretch. Warren and Len massive games.

Exciting to see.

The difference in the team is night and day when you compare today's performance with the opener vs Blazers only a week ago.

We were in the game in all four quarters.

I thought Chriss was decent in the pre-season but he has been a huge disappointment in the regular season. Bender on the other hand has been showing strides. His shot is starting to hit when he gets arch on it and his defense and rebound is good.

Booker doing Booker things on the offense, as usual. But the team needs to learn how to close out games because Booker iso plays are going to cut it. Some of the guys made some poor offensive decisions in the last two minutes, and it's understandable with all the inexperience on the court, but at some point these mistakes will be inexcusable.

What a great win. We had a lead, went down by 6 halfway through the last and closed it out.

Huge second half by TJ Warren, played for what felt like an eternity on 5 fouls.

Big game again from Len. He's getting it.

Really happy the improvement Bender is making on the defensive end and great to see him getting clutch minutes and executing.

There's light at the end of the tunnel!

Watching the highlights now.

Bender looks to be finding himself out there with each game. Those dribble drives!
People will look at the Nets putting up 114 but we held them to 40% shooting and sub 30% from 3. We also gobbled up 66 boards. These are the top 2 teams in pace and we beat them.

Loved Len's bucket just on the qtr time buzzer. Not sure he had that footwork previously.

Like this.....

When Warren came in with 9:18 left, he told Triano, “Let me foul out.”

“He looked at me like, ‘Huh?’ ” Warren said. “I was playing like I had two fouls. I just wanted to come out aggressive. It was the fourth quarter and I wanted to win. Devin started out strong. We saw him getting kind of winded a little bit so I had to help by finishing the game strong.”

Shooting Guards Averaging 22 Points, 4 Assists, 4 Rebounds on 47% FG: Harden, Booker.

Small Forwards Averaging 18 Points, 6 Rebounds on 50% FG: Durant, Porter, Warren.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like this.....

When Warren came in with 9:18 left, he told Triano, “Let me foul out.”

“He looked at me like, ‘Huh?’ ” Warren said. “I was playing like I had two fouls. I just wanted to come out aggressive. It was the fourth quarter and I wanted to win. Devin started out strong. We saw him getting kind of winded a little bit so I had to help by finishing the game strong.”
Love that attitude.

I envisage we'll see Warren and Jackson share the court a bit more later on in the season.

But in the mean time it's reassuring that we're in a position where we have two very capable SF. I think we be a bit more at ease knowing that if one fouls out, we've still got a capable replacement.

Love that attitude.

I envisage we'll see Warren and Jackson share the court a bit more later on in the season.

But in the mean time it's reassuring that we're in a position where we have two very capable SF. I think we be a bit more at ease knowing that if one fouls out, we've still got a capable replacement.
Absolutely. Getting strong rebounding from that SF position also.

I think Triano has simplified things by having the young guys play the one position first before adjusting lineups, etc

James, Ulis
Booker, Daniels
Warren, Jackson
Chriss, Bender
Chandler, Len.

Guys know their role and are gaining confidence from it and more importantly belief!

Good performance from Booker today, but other than that we didn't have much going for us.

Porzingis scored at will and Chriss and Bender had trouble with him all night. Can't fault them too much though.

Not looking good when Ulis and Mike James played the way they did. They both probably felt they needed to put their hand up and take on some of the scoring responsibilities with TJ out for most of the game. Unfortunate that neither of them were hitting shots tonight.

Hopefully Warren is alright.

Have only been able to watch a few games so far this year,but is anyone else a little concerned about Jackson? More specifically his shooting? It's one of the worst shooting techniques I think I've seen and it looks a guarenteed brick most times. If he was 6' 11" that's playing the power forward role than fine,but a pick 4 small forward that you don't want shooting outside the key worries me a bit.

Have only been able to watch a few games so far this year,but is anyone else a little concerned about Jackson? More specifically his shooting? It's one of the worst shooting techniques I think I've seen and it looks a guarenteed brick most times. If he was 6' 11" that's playing the power forward role than fine,but a pick 4 small forward that you don't want shooting outside the key worries me a bit.
Doesn't look good but he's working on it and has been ok in games.

The form is ugly but he's not exactly shooting at a bad %. 36.7% isn't too shabby.

Of course I think we got paid unders for him but given the circumstances, I'm not too bothered by it. We didn't have much to play with, and we really had no leverage since other teams knew he was going to be shipped off and we were needed to do it ASAP. I think the protections we got for the 1st round pick isn't too bad, we probably won't see it until a few years though.

Perhaps we'll use Greg Monroe to net us Jahlil Okafor?

Geez this team has problems. Other than Booker and Warren, there's not much there that fills me with any confidence. We have so many limited players on the roster . Chriss can throw down an alley-oop and occasionally a block,but he has no intensity and is soft as butter. Also a foul machine. Speaking of soft, Bender and Len might both be 7 foot tall,but what's the point if you offer nothing inside and can't rebound or threaten a block. Jackson is the most worrying for me. I'm not sure what he was like in college, but it's cringey watching him play. His ball control is awful,looks drunk sometimes. His shooting is god awful, it's almost a relief when it's just a brick as an airball never seems to be out of the question. It astounds me that someone that's played basketball likely most of his life can look that bad shooting a jump shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back