Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
If we end up with Doncic then I'd be stoked. He looks a good player and is proven to be able to throw himself around a bit amongst men in a pro league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
I guess the guy has earned a shot as a head coach, but I do kind of wonder how the arrogant American NBA players will feel taking orders from a European guy.

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
I guess the guy has earned a shot as a head coach, but I do kind of wonder how the arrogant American NBA players will feel taking orders from a European guy.
To be fair he's practically American. Doesn't have a heavy European accent, naturalised as an American and has been in the NBA system for nearly 2 decades

I think the reception from the playing group will be fine.

Look2Me4Guidance

Not A Campaigner
Sep 10, 2007
On the punt
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
To be fair he's practically American. Doesn't have a heavy European accent, naturalised as an American and has been in the NBA system for nearly 2 decades

I think the reception from the playing group will be fine.
I like that he’s been here before.

He was with us during our conference finals run in 2010, so is familiar with Sarver’s personality and is also a local, given his family set up residence here during his coaching tenure.

Does this mean Dragic comes back?!

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
I like that he’s been here before.

He was with us during our conference finals run in 2010, so is familiar with Sarver’s personality and is also a local, given his family set up residence here during his coaching tenure.

Does this mean Dragic comes back?!
Also gets very good wraps from players he has coached.

Milk Steak

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions
BOOOOOOOMMMMMMM. Big decision to make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
I hope we don't fu** this up. But really, don't think we can go wrong with either Doncic or Ayton

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
We need a centre and a playmaker equally as bad in my opinion.

If the rumours of a max offer to Clint Capella are true then you would think they would lean towards Doncic

Look2Me4Guidance

Not A Campaigner
Sep 10, 2007
On the punt
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
We need a centre and a playmaker equally as bad in my opinion.

If the rumours of a max offer to Clint Capella are true then you would think they would lean towards Doncic
Booker will be doing a lot of play making duties going forward. Tough scenario you speak of, given you won’t know if Capella accepts the deal until after the draft.

Look2Me4Guidance

Not A Campaigner
Sep 10, 2007
On the punt
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Been thinking more about the draft and starting to lean towards drafting Doncic.

Our needs are clearly at PG and C. If we draft Ayton, we can fill the C slot but who can we get as a PG? Elfrid Payton is one of the best options and he is a hot mess!

If we draft Doncic, we’ve got a better chance at signing a quality big in FA or via trade. Capela or Boogie. If we wait a year, we can have a shot at Myles Turner.

Next year’s draft is pretty thin on PG’s, so we may struggle to land one there also.

No knock on Ayton, but just thinking bigger picture.

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Been thinking more about the draft and starting to lean towards drafting Doncic.

Our needs are clearly at PG and C. If we draft Ayton, we can fill the C slot but who can we get as a PG? Elfrid Payton is one of the best options and he is a hot mess!

If we draft Doncic, we’ve got a better chance at signing a quality big in FA or via trade. Capela or Boogie. If we wait a year, we can have a shot at Myles Turner.

Next year’s draft is pretty thin on PG’s, so we may struggle to land one there also.

I reckon you should take the all star big man. Which free agent pg in a few years time wouldn’t wanna run pick and roll with Ayton setting the screen and having he option to kick out to Booker ?

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams

Haha, funny how much our opinions has changed over the last weeks. I was 50/50 before, now leaning towards Ayton. You on the other other have gone the other way!

But yeah, I do agree with your logic. Drafting Doncic, then signing Capela this off-season would be perfect. Better than drafting Ayton and trading for or signing any other PG available on the market.

Look2Me4Guidance

Not A Campaigner
Sep 10, 2007
On the punt
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
I reckon you should take the all star big man. Which free agent pg in a few years time wouldn’t wanna run pick and roll with Ayton setting the screen and having he option to kick out to Booker ?
The big man not look like an all star if we don’t have a solid PG to work with him.

Look2Me4Guidance

Not A Campaigner
Sep 10, 2007
On the punt
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Haha, funny how much our opinions has changed over the last weeks. I was 50/50 before, now leaning towards Ayton. You on the other other have gone the other way!

But yeah, I do agree with your logic. Drafting Doncic, then signing Capela this off-season would be perfect. Better than drafting Ayton and trading for or signing any other PG available on the market.
I know and I’ll probably change 5 more times. It’s not too bad a situation to be. In though.

Top Bottom