Phoenix Suns Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Arsenal
I’m in the Ayton camp. However I’ve read a few times that Doncic might slide to 4 and Memphis might be willing to trade the pick.

It’s extremely unlikely and no doubt they’d want Booker or Jackson, but if I was McDonough I’d be going through the war chest to offer them some combination of 16 / 31 / Milwaukee’s 1st / Miami’s 1st / our 2019 1st / TJ / Chriss / Bender / Duds and/or any of the lesser duds on our bench / Barkley / Tom Chambers circa 1988 / cash considerations / the Suns Gorilla.

From Memphis’ perspective that list is like an all you can eat buffet of s**t but still it’s enjoyable to dream...

Ayton / Bender or Chriss or FA / Jackson / Doncic / Booker would work for me.

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
My worry with getting KAT would be that he'll require a contract upgrade right about the same time as Booker. Surely there'd be some financial complications involved there?

Look2Me4Guidance

Not A Campaigner
Sep 10, 2007
On the punt
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Good haul I think although tempered somewhat by giving the 2021 first.

If Elie can develop at PG, that’s 3 potential starters in 2021 from this draft.

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
I was baffled that we let the 2021 first go but that's probably what it took to get the deal done since Philly approached us with the trade apparently.

I don't really see Miami being a high lottery team in 2021. Although 3 years is a loooong time to be forecasting something like that, they've historically been a competitive team under Riley. So really if Bridges turns out to develop nicely then it's not such a bad trade, as we're banking on Bridges to be better than whoever we could draft with that pick. And is drafting high school players really that great to begin with? The Kobes, LeBrons, Garnetts are anomalies. I'd imagine the pick's value will no doubt increase once we found out for certain whether the one-and-done rule is being done away with though.

Overall, I'm quite happy with what we've ended up with and quite optimistic about the situation we're in. Bridges is already 21 and looks to have all the tools to fit into the NBA and this team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Marcus Smart's name seems to come up a bit. Not a pure PG but can play there defensively with Booker/Jackson running the offence. I'd go after him in the FA.

Then dangle Warren, Chriss and Chandler in front of teams and see what else we can get.

Milk Steak

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions
198FA006-3F84-4DDD-9CE8-94E0F4E43BC9.jpeg

D84427A5-1578-40D3-869E-CD0697713F24.jpeg

And just like that,they were gone. Let’s be honest,there wasn’t really a place for either of them. Len played like a cat apart from the odd open dunk and falls way behind in the pecking order after Ayton, Chriss,Bender and Chandler

Look2Me4Guidance

Not A Campaigner
Sep 10, 2007
On the punt
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
View attachment 517526
View attachment 517527

And just like that,they were gone. Let’s be honest,there wasn’t really a place for either of them. Len played like a cat apart from the odd open dunk and falls way behind in the pecking order after Ayton, Chriss,Bender and Chandler
Has this been confirmed anywhere? I can’t find it.

Interesting that they have pushed back Ulis’ guarantee date to the weekend and have just signed Elie Okobo to a 4 year $6 million deal.

Interesting that Illawarra’s latest import signing in the NBL will play summer league for the Suns

Milk Steak

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions

Interesting that they have pushed back Ulis’ guarantee date to the weekend and have just signed Elie Okobo to a 4 year $6 million deal.

Interesting that Illawarra’s latest import signing in the NBL will play summer league for the Suns
Just saw it in a tweet from “Valley of the Suns”. Said the Suns were going to be renouncing both players

Milk Steak

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions

Yeah with Harrison,Okobo and Knight there it’s not surprising. And they still may do more in free agency or trade

Richard Cranium

Premiership Player
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Naar?

He's Strayan, cobber.

Also, after having a look at some Okobo highlights, I'm a little excited. Athletic, good change of pace and hesitation moves, and a nice quick release on him jumper. Has raaaange as well. Not as sure about his defence or playmaking, but does seem to be a willing passer and doesn't look lazy on D.

Look2Me4Guidance

Not A Campaigner
Sep 10, 2007
On the punt
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Naar?

He's Strayan, cobber.

Also, after having a look at some Okobo highlights, I'm a little excited. Athletic, good change of pace and hesitation moves, and a nice quick release on him jumper. Has raaaange as well. Not as sure about his defence or playmaking, but does seem to be a willing passer and doesn't look lazy on D.
He is too. That’s poor research on my behalf.

What do we do at PG?

Top Bottom