Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: great win today boys, we are really lighting it up so far. I think we are a great chance to go 4-0 for this road trip.

Does anyone know why Shaq played like 1 quarter and what Barnes' personal reasons were?

Oh and AMARE STOUDEMIRE think we need to mention him, what a star! MVP!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stoudemire scores 49 in win over Pacers

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Amare Stoudemire scored 49 points, falling a point short of his career high in the Phoenix Suns’ 113-103 victory over Indiana on Wednesday night.
Stoudemire was 17-for-21 from the field, made 15 free throws without a miss and had 11 rebounds, six assists and five steals. He just missed his career high of 50 points, set against Portland on Jan. 2, 2005.
Boris Diaw added 14 points for the Suns (4-1).

T.J. Ford and Danny Granger each scored 23 points, and Marquis Daniels added 19 for the Pacers (1-2). Indiana beat defending NBA champion Boston on Saturday.
The Suns shot 56 percent from the field to easily recover from an 11-point deficit in the first quarter.
Stoudemire had 21 points in the opening period, shooting 8-for-8 from the field while the rest of the Suns went 3-for-10.

Down 38-27 after the first quarter, the rallied in the second. Raja Bell’s bank shot cut Indiana’s lead to three at 62-59 with 41 seconds left in the first half.
Ford responded with a floater and, after Grant Hill was called for an offensive foul, Ford hit a jumper to give the Pacers a 66-59 lead at halftime. The Pacers made nine of 14 3-pointers in the first half.
The Suns took an 86-84 lead on Leandro Barbosa’s 3-pointer by. Hill’s layup made it 88-84 and forced the Pacers to call timeout with 1:17 left in the third quarter. The Suns held the Pacers scoreless for the final 3:13 of the third quarter and led 90-84 at the end of the period. The Pacers shot just 27 percent in the period, while Phoenix shot 67 percent.

Phoenix took charge early in the fourth quarter. After taking a 98-88 lead on Hill’s basket, the Suns never led by fewer than five points.

Notes
Phoenix C Shaquille O’Neal played only 12 minutes because of foul trouble and finished with three points and six rebounds. … Indiana C Rasho Nesterovic (sprained right ankle) and G Mike Dunleavy (right knee) missed the game.

Does anyone know why Shaq played like 1 quarter and what Barnes' personal reasons were?

From the highlights package i saw on sunsdynasty.com (good for arizona articles and is updated daily)
Shaq supposedly was initially going to be rested and RoLo would start, however with Matt Barnes leaving minutes before tipoff for personal reasons (don't think anyone is sure about what these reasons were), Shaq was brought in to start.

Shaq played like 12 mins or so and once Terry Porter realised Indiana didn't have too imposing a front line (Even Nesterovic wasn't playing) and also Foul Trouble meaning with their speed and outside shot, he was getting some easy fouls and putting us over the limit.

So he was just rested from then on and Diaw was sent in at PF and Amare to C.

It was a masterstroke as Shaq got the rest he was initially going to be given and Amare covered for not only Shaq, but also Barnes absence.

Weird that RoLo didn't get any gametime at all.
I think it is because Amare was so hot from the field (Played 44 minutes).
Plus they wanted to play small to go with Indiana (who have talls who can shoot from long range) and Amundson got some playing time.

Let's all hope whatever personal reasons Barnes had to attend to isn't anything too serious.

Good game. Now onto Chicago and Milwaukee. I was watching the Chicago v Cavs game and three things:
> Derrick Rose was explosive when driving to the hoop
> Ben Gordon 30+ off the bench
> Deng got his shooting touch back (even though he got owned by King James)

How about Milwaukee winning without Michael Redd.
We can't let Ridnour, Sessions and Mbah a Moute run riot like they did today!
Both should be great games.

AdamG03

EDIT: Go to www.sunsdynasty.com and watch that ESPN highlights package because its worthit just for the end where Amare posterizes Foster?

Here's a link of someone who recorded the bit straight off tv, not as clear but shows more and its funny, the Indiana guy pushes Amare over after he dunks on Foster lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_GprgllJq8

Let's all hope whatever personal reasons Barnes had to attend to isn't anything too serious.

Word has come through about Barnes family emergency and luckily it's good news.
Shame that he can't rejoin the team for the remainder of the roadtrip but hopefully he comes back fired up ready to show his newborn sons some things.

Barnes' babies

Just before Wednesday's game, Suns forward Matt Barnes left to be with his fiancée, Gloria Govin, in the Bay Area, where she later gave birth to Isaiah Michael and Carter Kelly. The twin boys were due on Thanksgiving.

Barnes likely will not rejoin the road trip, which ends with games Friday at Chicago and Saturday at Milwaukee.

Source: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/11/06/20081106spt-suns.html

I got a copy of "7 seconds or less" off amazon a few months ago.

not a bad read.jack macallum didnt really delve too deeply but it was facinating reading about raja's battles with kobe and Marion's thirst for recognition.it was also the year diaw blossomed into a top NBA player

you guys went well that year despite having STAT out for the season

I got a copy of "7 seconds or less" off amazon a few months ago.

not a bad read.jack macallum didnt really delve too deeply but it was facinating reading about raja's battles with kobe and Marion's thirst for recognition.it was also the year diaw blossomed into a top NBA player

you guys went well that year despite having STAT out for the season

Nice stuff JS. How many pages is the book?

Yeah we were just too small that year against the Mavs. Still think we could have knocked off the Heat in the finals as we had already beaten them twice that year from memory.

Ahh what if's and could have beens..

Nice stuff JS. How many pages is the book?

Yeah we were just too small that year against the Mavs. Still think we could have knocked off the Heat in the finals as we had already beaten them twice that year from memory.

Ahh what if's and could have beens..

315 pages

it was a full season recount of the 2005-06 season,mccallum was made a honoury "coach" and sat on the bench.It was a good insight into the Suns season.

As i said mccallum wasnt really hard hitting,however the raja/kobe battles were interesting,nash's leadership style,Marions need for attention,and STAT slow rehab from injury were the main topics.D'antoni appeared to be a very relaxed coach as well

315 pages

it was a full season recount of the 2005-06 season,mccallum was made a honoury "coach" and sat on the bench.It was a good insight into the Suns season.

As i said mccallum wasnt really hard hitting,however the raja/kobe battles were interesting,nash's leadership style,Marions need for attention,and STAT slow rehab from injury were the main topics.D'antoni appeared to be a very relaxed coach as well

How much did the book set you back brother?

What a shocking game brothers.

Having seen Chicago on the road they have been ordinary, but have been doing well at home.

I hate blowout losses. Anyways we move on and must beat Milwaukee tomorrow night.

Good to see Lopez, Amundson and Singletary get some minutes.

what an absolute s**t-dizzle of a game.

minutes:
shaq: 0
stat: 34
barnes: 0
nash: 24
bell: 29

there enlies the problem...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Shaw sits as Rose lead Bulls over Suns

CHICAGO (AP) -- Reserve Ben Gordon scored 23 points, rookie Derrick Rose had 18 points, six assists and several dazzling plays, and the Chicago Bulls beat the Phoenix Suns 100-83 on Friday night.
The Suns played without Shaquille O’Neal, who got the night off as part of a plan to rest him periodically throughout the season. O’Neal is expected back in the lineup Saturday at Milwaukee.

Amare Stoudemire, coming off a 49-point performance against Indiana on Wednesday, finished with 26 points and seven rebounds for the Suns.
O’Neal, dressed in a suit, watched on the bench as Chicago center Joakim Noah had nine points and 14 rebounds. He came averaging three points and 4.6 rebounds.

The Bulls pulled away in the first half, scoring 16 unanswered points to jump out to a 31-17 lead in the second quarter. Gordon scored seven points during the span.
Rose hit a jumper to put the Bulls up by 20 early in the third quarter, and Gordon nailed a 3-pointer to make it 72-45 late in the third. Rose brought the fans to their feet with a dunk over Leandro Barbosa in the fourth quarter.

Before the game, Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro shuffled his starting lineup. He moved Thabo Sefolosha and Tyrus Thomas to the bench and started Kirk Hinrich and Aaron Gray.
Thomas gave the Bulls energy off the bench with 14 points and seven rebounds.

With the Suns playing four games in five nights, Steve Nash and Stoudemire sat the entire fourth quarter. Nash played only 24 minutes and finished with six points and five assists.
Del Negro got a little payback at the Suns, who spurned him as a head coaching candidate in the offseason.
Del Negro spent the past two years in the Suns’ front office after a three-year stint as a radio analyst. He got promoted to assistant general manager from director of player personnel and was interested in replacing Mike D’Antoni after he left for New York, but a lack of experience kept Del Negro off the list of finalists and the Suns hired Terry Porter.

Notes
Suns F Matt Barnes missed the game to be with his fiancee, who gave birth to twins. Barnes is also expected to miss Saturday’s game against the Bucks. … Rookie Robin Lopez got his first start at center for the Suns and had a highlight block at the rim on Luol Deng early in the third quarter. Lopez finished with 14 points and seven rebounds. … Hinrich left the game in second half with a sprained thumb.

Nice win today brothers.

104-96.

The Big Cactus turning back the clock with a 29 point 11 rebound game.

Our shooting was poor again, bit I'm happy to go 3-1 on the road trip, especially given we had 4 games in 5 nights and lost Barnes early in the trip.

Big test against Houston coming up at home.

Nice win today brothers.

104-96.

Our shooting was poor again, bit I'm happy to go 3-1 on the road trip, especially given we had 4 games in 5 nights and lost Barnes early in the trip.

Houston is going to be a huge game. And its showing live on ESPN if im correct?

We need Matt Barnes back for that game.
Hope his newborns are all settled by then :thumbsu:

Houston is going to be a huge game. And its showing live on ESPN if im correct?

We need Matt Barnes back for that game.
Hope his newborns are all settled by then :thumbsu:

You are spot on my brother.

I think Barnes should be back for that game.

Barbosa needs to find his shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice win today brothers.

104-96.

They may need to rest the Big guy more often. :eek:

Like that's hard to do. ;)

Hey L2M4G, what do you think Amare's chances are for the MVP?

It'll be tough. I wasn't sure how he'd start the season due to missing a few games, but he's ready. They key will be how he fares against the better teams. We've dropped 5 straight against the Hornets for example, he needs to take over the game at both ends to be truly considered for MVP. LeBron looks crazy this year and I think the Cavs have a genuine shot in the East so that's the main danger. No doubt that having Shaq around has done him the world of good.

What do you think?

Dragic has disappointed me a bit so far. I'm hoping he can get it together.

It'll be tough. I wasn't sure how he'd start the season due to missing a few games, but he's ready. They key will be how he fares against the better teams. We've dropped 5 straight against the Hornets for example, he needs to take over the game at both ends to be truly considered for MVP. LeBron looks crazy this year and I think the Cavs have a genuine shot in the East so that's the main danger. No doubt that having Shaq around has done him the world of good.

What do you think?

I don't seem to know too much about the team compared to yourself, mainly because I can't get the games to work on my computer, but i'm getting there.

I am also in the LeBron James boat for MVP, as he seems to be the most dominating player so far this year.

I think with the contract and talk about Dragic, they have built him up and put un-needed pressure on him.

He is a rookie and he ain't Derrick Rose.
Let him find confidence and the shots will come.

He's putting up the shots, but they just arent going in, give it time and they should. He also likes driving to the hoop which with a lack of confidence becomes less likely.

In some games, he has been the player to keep a positive rating.
However in others, his play hasn't been up to par.
He's a rookie and 7 games in, he ain't doing too bad.

I have faith :cool:

I think with the contract and talk about Dragic, they have built him up and put un-needed pressure on him.

He is a rookie and he ain't Derrick Rose.
Let him find confidence and the shots will come.

He's putting up the shots, but they just arent going in, give it time and they should. He also likes driving to the hoop which with a lack of confidence becomes less likely.

In some games, he has been the player to keep a positive rating.
However in others, his play hasn't been up to par.
He's a rookie and 7 games in, he ain't doing too bad.

I have faith :cool:

Oh you're spot on brother. I'm not writing him off, but I have only gone on what the media has given us. He's still seems better than anything we've had, so I'm happy to stick with him. He knocked down a 3 ball the other night, so I'm hoping he could start to dribble drive more often to spread the floor with the second unit. I look forward to monitoring his progress.

Oh you're spot on brother. I'm not writing him off, but I have only gone on what the media has given us. He's still seems better than anything we've had, so I'm happy to stick with him. He knocked down a 3 ball the other night, so I'm hoping he could start to dribble drive more often to spread the floor with the second unit. I look forward to monitoring his progress.

Dragic had a better game today with his shot.
I was filthy at how many shots Bell and Barnes were missing wide open.

It just wasnt our day today.

I believe Amundson should be considered for some of the minutes of Diaw if he isn't performing.
He makes the most of whatever time he is given.

Also Lopez played well with the little minutes he was given. Real high energy and looking to block constantly.
Work on those offensive rebounds though.

In a game where Bell and Hill both don't make a field goal, it's expected to be an off day.

I'm glad the fight didn't have any punches thrown. No suspensions hopefully.
Barnes was in the wrong because he let his frustration take over him. But good to see someone looking out for the little man Nash.
Funny how Shaq pushed over 10 guys at once.

The team needs to regroup.
Sacramento, Detroit, Utah and Lakers are our next few matchups.

Btw Kobes 3 today. Wtf.

Dragic had a better game today with his shot.
I was filthy at how many shots Bell and Barnes were missing wide open.

It just wasnt our day today.

I believe Amundson should be considered for some of the minutes of Diaw if he isn't performing.
He makes the most of whatever time he is given.

Also Lopez played well with the little minutes he was given. Real high energy and looking to block constantly.
Work on those offensive rebounds though.

In a game where Bell and Hill both don't make a field goal, it's expected to be an off day.

I'm glad the fight didn't have any punches thrown. No suspensions hopefully.
Barnes was in the wrong because he let his frustration take over him. But good to see someone looking out for the little man Nash.
Funny how Shaq pushed over 10 guys at once.

The team needs to regroup.
Sacramento, Detroit, Utah and Lakers are our next few matchups.

Btw Kobes 3 today. Wtf.

I reckon Diaw got underplayed today.

Was very disappointing. Still I think Houston are better than us along with the Jazz, Hornets and Lakers in the West.

Very frustrating time in loungeroom that's for sure.

Shame about Lopez missing his dunk, would have been a real highlight.

I reckon Diaw got underplayed today.

Was very disappointing. Still I think Houston are better than us along with the Jazz, Hornets and Lakers in the West.

Very frustrating time in loungeroom that's for sure.

Shame about Lopez missing his dunk, would have been a real highlight.

My thoughts exactly, we should be about 5th to 6th seed in the west for playoffs IMO.

And very true about Lopez. Maybe Porter didn't like the fact he went for a highlight dunk and missed it and that's why he didn't get the playing time in the 4th quarter along with the other bench players.

Shaq playing some really good ball of late. Great to see.

He has wound back the clock. He is playing brilliantly.

We're not playing well and still winning, so I'm confident we can cause a few headaches when it clicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back