Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

Question, what do you guys think of coach Terry Porter's performance so far in Phoenix ?

I think he's doing well so far, long way in the season to go, but it's a good result for the Suns to be 2nd in the West right now

Question, what do you guys think of coach Terry Porter's performance so far in Phoenix ?

I think he's doing well so far, long way in the season to go, but it's a good result for the Suns to be 2nd in the West right now

I personally think TP has been doing pretty well also. Although we haven't held teams to less points in every game and aren't playing our best. It's a a new philosophy, a new gameplan and it takes time to adjust to.

People are so critical because they are just used to the Suns of old, 7 seconds or less. Although that won games during the season, as the Knicks have shown, we were burnt by it many times in the playoffs.

For the majority of the time, all of our players are playing below their potential besides Shaq really. Whether it be:
> Barbosa not focused due to his mother's situation (Best wishes go out to him on his loss)
> Barnes and Bell not hitting up the open shots (especially the many 3's they take).
> Nash turning the ball over a lot, although a lot of assists would come from his teammates actually making shots.
> Hill having 2 consecutive scoreless games, though he is such a great sportsman and although he's aged, he showed in the last game what he is capable of with 22 points.
> Dragic will get better. His shots will start to fall and he is in the same boat as Nash in that he would have a few more assists had his teammates made open shots.
> Even Stoudemire has had his on and off nights. On for the first few games and off for the last couple, although he showed in the game against Sacramento in Overtime, he can take over a game.

We just need to sort these things out. Oh and also get Nash and Amare to play Defense and we should be fine.
That is hoping.

Terry Porter won't get the support of everyone but Phoenix fans have to be a bit patient, at least for a few more weeks.

what is with the way nba does its standings???

we are .700 on yet 2 teams (houston and utah i think) are on .600 but above us?

how dos this work?

It's because the top 3 seeds are made up of the leaders in each Western conference division. We can't make the top 3 unless we finish on top of the Lakers regardless how good our record is. We could have the second best record in the NBA but not finish higher than 4th if the Lakers have a better record than us.

Defence is still extremely poor. Given that he was brought in to fix this, I won't give him too much praise. However he certainly is no worse than D'Antoni.

Defence is still extremely poor. Given that he was brought in to fix this, I won't give him too much praise. However he certainly is no worse than D'Antoni.

That's very true.

L2M4G Do u have a video link for the streaming of the current game?

EDIT: No worries, i got one on justin tv working.

A good game today. Played good defense (We held Iverson to 9 points) and despite missing Barnes and Barbosa for the whole match plus Shaq for over half the game, we came away with the Win.

Solid contribution from the bench with special mentions to RoLo, Diaw and the beast Amundson lol

Bell's shooting was off again but his defense is what most were raving about.

Did anyone else see that Nash got 2 blocks? Now thats something to see.

Hope we can continue it tommorow against Utah.
Should have Barnes and Shaq back which is a plus.

AdamG03

Will Shaq get suspended from that incident?

Didn't look like much, but he was getting stuck into the ref afterwards.

Also great game today. Finally got the games working on my computer so I don't have to wait for ESPN to show 'em. :thumbsu:

If anyone needs a good link to virtually all the NBA games, go to Channelsurfing.net

How was the defence brothers? Were we right in their faces contesting shots or did the Pistons just shoot poorly?

Surprised to see Dragic get so few mins in a blowout. What was that about?

Big game against the Jazz, I think Shaq automatically gets a two game suspension does he not? It might be review pending though.

How was the defence brothers? Were we right in their faces contesting shots or did the Pistons just shoot poorly?

Surprised to see Dragic get so few mins in a blowout. What was that about?

Big game against the Jazz, I think Shaq automatically gets a two game suspension does he not? It might be review pending though.
That would be extremely Disapointing, considering it didn't look very intentional.

I thought Nash was awesome today & stood up when it counted after Shaq went off (bombing two awesome 3's), and even 2 Blocked shots. :eek:

We were pretty much right up in their face's, and weren't allowing them easy shots.

Terrible loss to the Jazz today brothers. Granted it was at Utah and we were on a back to back, but there were without Williams and Okur. Shaq was held to just one board. Very disappointing after the best performance of the season yesterday.

Disappointing loss from the Blazers to the Suns today (or yesterday even) but I'm happy to cop losses to decent teams away (Golden State on the other hand...). Great game from the Shaq too. Can't stand him but he can still be bloody effective at times when healthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great comeback win against the Thunder today brothers. A 29-17 last period, all while the big fella sat this one out.

Great game from Nash and Matt Barnes.

god barnes is proving a steal!!

nash...2 rebounds off a triple double... 20 points 15 assists!!

10-5 we are definitely doing better than expected.

should be aiming for a 55 win season.

Another good effort today against the T'wolves. Some late bombs from McCants but we were in control the whole way.

Two home games against the Heat and Nets and then we get to test ourselves against the Hornets and Mavs, back to back road games.

A disturbing article here for Suns fans RE STAT

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=smith_stephen&page=Stoudemire-081128

Asked whether he thinks about his own availability in 2010, Stoudemire didn't hesitate: "Absolutely! You have to look at those opportunities because this is a business and you want to explore every option. I guarantee you every owner will explore their options, especially when a player's contract is up. So it's the same for players. It's definitely the same for me.

"As a player, you should look at the teams you might want to play for. The city you may want to live in. The system you may want to play in. The economy. The cost of living. Everything. It's about what's best for you."

Everyone's talking about LBJ leavingt the Cavs, but if Phx don't improve or make any big signings or trades within the next year or so, I reckon he's a good chance to bail out on the suns.

...but it was all Marion, they cry!

(not saying he's any less of a douchebag, but still)

Marion is a premier douchebag.

Cried about not getting his shots in Phoenix and look at him in Miami.

if you've read 7 Seconds or Less you'd have a better degree of understanding.

A disturbing article here for Suns fans RE STAT

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=smith_stephen&page=Stoudemire-081128

Everyone's talking about LBJ leavingt the Cavs, but if Phx don't improve or make any big signings or trades within the next year or so, I reckon he's a good chance to bail out on the suns.

Not surprising really.

STAT isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. This is a bloke who has worn a Rolling Stones T-Shirt to games and isn't able to give you the name of one Rolling Stones song.

I would like to take this moment to officially thank the phoenix suns for losing me quite a bit of $ today

that is all

I would seriously look at investing $$$ into any team close to .500 playing PHX at PHX. They simply aren't good enough anymore.

I would seriously look at investing $$$ into any team close to .500 playing PHX at PHX. They simply aren't good enough anymore.

L2M4G, why the sudden loss of faith?

I know we have not been playing great ball as of late, especially at home.

Today i watched most of the game and Devin Harris, boy that guy is on a great streak. Dallas made such a bad move by trading him.
Just shifted into the top 4 of scoring and was on fire.

Although the Shaq trade is not working out, whose to say how it will go from here. Seeing as fans from America arent patient or being positive and confident, we need to back up our team. Also on a side note, with Robin Lopez on the court with the starters, i liked the look of our team. Improved D and also the speed we could play at, everyone looked more comfortable.

In 2010, i hope that STAT stays. If not, i would be hoping we somehow got our hands on Bosh and another great free agent.

With Shaq coming off the books and STAT too, thats quite a bit of money to throw at some good free agents. It is not all doom and gloom.

Plus Tucker should return soon and i am hoping he gets some gametime.

L2M4G, why the sudden loss of faith?

I know we have not been playing great ball as of late, especially at home.

Today i watched most of the game and Devin Harris, boy that guy is on a great streak. Dallas made such a bad move by trading him.
Just shifted into the top 4 of scoring and was on fire.

Although the Shaq trade is not working out, whose to say how it will go from here. Seeing as fans from America arent patient or being positive and confident, we need to back up our team. Also on a side note, with Robin Lopez on the court with the starters, i liked the look of our team. Improved D and also the speed we could play at, everyone looked more comfortable.

In 2010, i hope that STAT stays. If not, i would be hoping we somehow got our hands on Bosh and another great free agent.

With Shaq coming off the books and STAT too, thats quite a bit of money to throw at some good free agents. It is not all doom and gloom.

Plus Tucker should return soon and i am hoping he gets some gametime.

I haven't lost faith brother, just simply realising that this isn't a champiosnhip team. There is no way this team could defeat the Lakers.

What frustrates me is that despite a change of coach, it's the same old story. No backup for Nash. We move heaven and earth to get Dragic and now we're not even playing him.

The defence is still very poor and we are living and dying by the 3 ball.

They have gotten worse since the season has started. Every loss we've had has been by 12+ points, except for yesterday where we gave up an 11 point 3/4 time lead on our home floor to New Jersey. That is not good enough.

I like Lopez and think he will be great for us in the future. I'm just angry that despite the new coach saying this will occur and that will occur, nothing has changed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back