Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

Sorry boys. Have missed these posts! Good to see we're still talking about our team, no matter how much we stink at the moment.

The litmus test for Payton will be pairing him with Booker post All Star. Booker's spacing should open up driving lane for Payton.

Alex Len can * off. Complete bust.

We look miles off it. We've had more 40+ point losses this year than we have had in our previous 49 seasons of existence.

Our defence is non-existent. Who is going to want to coach this team? Usually a team down by 30 can whittle it back in junk time, our guys let it blow our further. No heart, no pride.

Everyone outside of Booker, Warren, Jackson and Bender should be on the table. Cut Bender some slack as I am having a hard time believing the Phoenix environment is a good one to develop in.

Utah in Utah today. I am having a hard time seeing how we will keep it below thirty points!

Also, amidst all the talk of what we'll do in the off-season. We may also need to find ourselves a coach!

I think Triano has done an admirable job with the team, definitely a step up from Watson, but I do think there are better options out there. As for who, I'm not quite sure but I've seen David Blatt's name thrown around?

Also, amidst all the talk of what we'll do in the off-season. We may also need to find ourselves a coach!

I think Triano has done an admirable job with the team, definitely a step up from Watson, but I do think there are better options out there. As for who, I'm not quite sure but I've seen David Blatt's name thrown around?
Need a hard as nails coach to instill discipline I reckon.

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
What's the bet we go from #29 seed to pick 5 and miss out on Ayton, Porter and Tray Young. End up drafting Luka Doncich and end he ends up a bust?

We have one more full season with Booker and if we don't show any signs of improvement, I wouldn't be surprised or blame him if the takes the QO and leaves after 2019/20.

I guess the guy has earned a shot as a head coach, but I do kind of wonder how the arrogant American NBA players will feel taking orders from a European guy.
To be fair he's practically American. Doesn't have a heavy European accent, naturalised as an American and has been in the NBA system for nearly 2 decades

I think the reception from the playing group will be fine.

To be fair he's practically American. Doesn't have a heavy European accent, naturalised as an American and has been in the NBA system for nearly 2 decades

I think the reception from the playing group will be fine.
I like that he’s been here before.

He was with us during our conference finals run in 2010, so is familiar with Sarver’s personality and is also a local, given his family set up residence here during his coaching tenure.

Does this mean Dragic comes back?!

I like that he’s been here before.

He was with us during our conference finals run in 2010, so is familiar with Sarver’s personality and is also a local, given his family set up residence here during his coaching tenure.

Does this mean Dragic comes back?!
Also gets very good wraps from players he has coached.

We need a centre and a playmaker equally as bad in my opinion.

If the rumours of a max offer to Clint Capella are true then you would think they would lean towards Doncic
Booker will be doing a lot of play making duties going forward. Tough scenario you speak of, given you won’t know if Capella accepts the deal until after the draft.

Been thinking more about the draft and starting to lean towards drafting Doncic.

Our needs are clearly at PG and C. If we draft Ayton, we can fill the C slot but who can we get as a PG? Elfrid Payton is one of the best options and he is a hot mess!

If we draft Doncic, we’ve got a better chance at signing a quality big in FA or via trade. Capela or Boogie. If we wait a year, we can have a shot at Myles Turner.

Next year’s draft is pretty thin on PG’s, so we may struggle to land one there also.

No knock on Ayton, but just thinking bigger picture.

Back