Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

I want us to re-sign Holmes and sign Tobias Harris in the off-season.

Oubre can stay if he's willing to accept a reasonable offer from us.
Yep. Holmes is priority number 1. Best defensive big we’ve had in years.

Why Harris out of interest?

Josh Jackson, Oubre and Bridges are a good setup defensively. Problem is that only 2 of the 3 will ever play in crunch time.

Yep. Holmes is priority number 1. Best defensive big we’ve had in years.

Why Harris out of interest?

I just like the way he goes about things.

Probably not a priority considering we've now got ThreeJ Warren and the other long wing men.

Rubio / T Johnson / Ty Jerome
Booker / ?
Bridges / Oubre
Saric / Cam Johnson
Ayton / Baynes

I'd like to see what we can do with that. On paper it looks decent, so I hope Monty can build a workable offensive playstyle around that line up. There's lots of complements with Rubio providing passing and Saric providing spacing for Ayton. There's also an improvement on defense as well with Rubio and Bridges as two elite level stealers.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Thanks for reviving this thread!

I just can't see any way we aren't cellar dwellers again next year. I mean, Booker can't play much better than he did this year. Ayton was pretty solid for a rookie but won't be pushing for All Star just yet. By the way, in hindsight do the Suns take Doncic? Or does Ayton still look like the right call?
Rubio and Saric are solid players and Bridges is good for his age, but compared to the other 29 teams, still think we're well under in the talent and depth department. Need to draft better in the next couple of years. Plenty of busts and NQRs rcently. * getting Zion woulda been good but happy for Pelicans to get him if we didn't.

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
Thanks for reviving this thread!

I just can't see any way we aren't cellar dwellers again next year. I mean, Booker can't play much better than he did this year. Ayton was pretty solid for a rookie but won't be pushing for All Star just yet. By the way, in hindsight do the Suns take Doncic? Or does Ayton still look like the right call?
Rubio and Saric are solid players and Bridges is good for his age, but compared to the other 29 teams, still think we're well under in the talent and depth department. Need to draft better in the next couple of years. Plenty of busts and NQRs rcently. **** getting Zion woulda been good but happy for Pelicans to get him if we didn't.
Doncic is definitely going to be the better player, he is a freak. Ayton could still be a star though and have a great career. Would the Rockets regret drafting Olajuwon over Jordan?*

* Not saying that either Donic or Ayton will get anywhere near Hakeem or MJ's level, but you get the point.

Rubio will have the biggest impact on Ayton. Will get him a ton of looks. I’ll reserve judgement on Ayton’s career, given he played this year without a PG.

How much you offer Oubre?

4/52 would be my highest offer.

Doubt he does anything until Kawhi makes his announcement

Glad Jackson is gone. Shame we had to give up Melton to do it.

James Jones has cleared up all the garbage from the McDonagh era.

Len, Chriss, Bender, Jackson, all Top 8 picks and now no longer on the team. That’s your reason we are where we are.

Is this just a matter of poor cap management? We're doing nothing trades like this just to clear a couple mil of cap space.

We paid overs in the TJ Warren trade. We paid overs in this trade also.
We paid for Jackson being a terrible basketballer and even worse person. Sad to lose Melton, but having Jackson off the team is worth it. Jones has removed all of McD’s mess and now hopefully we can begin the long road forward.

The roster we have now is the most balanced we’ve had since Booker’s arrival

Back