flight23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Bondi
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Da Bulls
have just had a marathon viewing of this great aussie show, hadn't seen it before and had heard nothing but great things, hats off to the abc for another amazing gritty aussie cop show

anyone have any idea if season 2 is available anywhere, had a quick look and couldn't find anything

I've just started watching it as well. So many great moments - my favourite off Disc 1 is where Megan made the folder with all the tit photos off the wall in her office, and didn't the boys love it!!:thumbsu::D

lachie hitting on "francine" was a ripper as well

loved the way they did the flashbacks in red to show the bombers working on stuff as well

it baffles me that i cant watch season 2, i bit the bullet paid $50 for season 1 and want more

Phoenix 2 is spot on. Awesome show. So much better than the crap Underbelly and City homicide.

But the best of all is "Janus" (sort of Phoenix 3) This is based around Constables Steven Tynan and Damian Eyre, Denis Allen and Cath Pettingill. Brilliant viewing. NOT TO BE MISSED :thumbsu:

Shame is, its the same subject of the upcomming underbelly 3:thumbsdown: How will CH9 stuff this story line up:rolleyes:

have just had a marathon viewing of this great aussie show, hadn't seen it before and had heard nothing but great things, hats off to the abc for another amazing gritty aussie cop show

anyone have any idea if season 2 is available anywhere, had a quick look and couldn't find anything

Phoenix series 2 is out now on DVD
Phoenix 2 DVD

I got it the other day and had a marathon viewing of it over the last few nights [13 episodes].Hopefully they now release the 2 seasons of Janus on DVD.

"Tell 'em the jobs f***ed !" :D

After trying to find this and Janus on DVD/torrents for years to no avail I managed to get some copies through a relative who acquired them from someone years ago.

Just watching the second episode now and im loving it.

About to give them a watch again after who knows how long & found all 4 seasons this afternoon without any bother (usenet).

ABC shop and JB still have Phoenix 2 and Janus 1 & 2.

Phoenix 1 is rare as hens teeth.

Best Aussie shows ever

I think I could find Phoenix 2 and Janus 1 on DVD last time I looked but couldn't find Phoenix 1 anywhere.

About to give them a watch again after who knows how long & found all 4 seasons this afternoon without any bother (usenet).

Have never used Usenet before but tried multiple torrent sites after I couldn't find them legally to no avail.

I've watched the first 6 eps and it's got me hooked. A very noir feel to it and seeing shots of early 90's Melbourne is great.

The last ep I watched with the old ex-safe cracker/ informer who they go back to for info strayed a bit from the main story but still an interesting stand alone ep nonetheless.

Is this series based on a true story (Walsh St)? I heard the second season is inspired by the Pettingills etc but wasn't sure if this one was the same. Obviously Russel St/Walsh St was fairly recent when these were made - there were Pettingill links to Walsh St too so does that all tie in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've watched the first 6 eps and it's got me hooked. A very noir feel to it and seeing shots of early 90's Melbourne is great.

The last ep I watched with the old ex-safe cracker/ informer who they go back to for info strayed a bit from the main story but still an interesting stand alone ep nonetheless.

Is this series based on a true story (Walsh St)? I heard the second season is inspired by the Pettingills etc but wasn't sure if this one was the same. Obviously Russel St/Walsh St was fairly recent when these were made - there were Pettingill links to Walsh St too so does that all tie in?

Janus is the Allen/Pettingil story.
Mal Henesy as Denis Allen is the best and most scary caracture in any Aussie TV series bar none

Series 1 - Russell Street Bombing
Series 2 - Based on the large number of violent agg. burgs / home invasions that were going on at the time. (sounds a bit like now from what I read)
Janus - Pettingil / Allen

And of course the original and best 3 parter Scales of Justice

Episode 2, where the corrupt copper takes Nipper out and forces him to commit suicide is one of the coldest things I've ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back