News Phone coverage boost for Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Telcos throw footy fans a lifeline boosting coverage at venues
THINGS should soon be all tweet for disgruntled sporting fans unable to use their phones at major stadiums.

Telecommunication companies have thrown fans a lifeline by spending millions of dollars rolling out significant technological advancements to help bolster the nation’s addiction to using mobile phones, particularly while watching live sport.

Frustrated fans unable to call, text, tweet, Facebook or Instagram from venues because of overloaded networks has led to some much-needed high-speed upgrades to telco systems, particularly at live sporting matches.

The Gold Coast Suns’ home ground of Metricon Stadium, the MCG, ANZ Stadium, Suncorp Stadium, the Gabba and Adelaide Oval are among the grounds selected for significant upgrades.

A boost in telco capacity is also on the cards for the city’s second major sporting facility — Cbus Super Stadium — where the Gold Coast Titans play their matches.

The work is expected to be completed by June next year.

I know for a fact a lot of people have problems with coverage at Metricon so this is great news. June 2015 is the predicted finish date so it's good that it'll be completed before the Commonwealth Games and (presumably) before the first Suns home final.

I think the service picked up 110% this year already compared to years gone by. Unless that area of the goldcoast is now a 4G area.

I think the service picked up 110% this year already compared to years gone by. Unless that area of the goldcoast is now a 4G area.
You'll find that it is, Even Logan gets 4G now and I'm not just talking about the 4 Islanders that think they gangsta loitering outside a takeaway in Woodridge.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It's hilarious at Metricon where the seats advertise the "Text your beverage order" thingy
I've been going there since it was built and can't recall being able to ever get a signal during a major game
or the text if you see trouble/or need assistance. by the time the text gets through, you could be G O R N...

Yeah Ive got 4G and works well this year , past years has been a nightmare.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back