• Other

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
Apr 2, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ok.

During the smartphone era, I owned the following phones including iPhone 4, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S7, Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G, iPhone 6 (work phone) & now Galaxy S20 FE 5G (1 week old).

Tried Xiaomi based on performance vs price, even bought my partner an POCO Phone F1 but now reverted back to Samsung products after some concerns with the lack of updates and security. Nothing wrong with the hardware though.

Found the Galaxy S20 FE 5G one of the best bang for buck phones going around with excellent performance and features for around $700.00 with other comparable phones well over the $1k mark.

Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Carlisle, Celtics, GCS
Ok.

During the smartphone era, I owned the following phones including iPhone 4, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S7, Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G, iPhone 6 (work phone) & now Galaxy S20 FE 5G (1 week old).

Tried Xiaomi based on performance vs price, even bought my partner a POCO Phone F1 but now reverted back to Samsung products after some concerns with the lack of updates and security. Nothing wrong with the hardware though.

Found the Galaxy S20 FE of the best bang for buck phones going around with excellent performance and features for around $700.00 with other comparable phones well over the $1k mark.
About a week after that post I got an S21, got any tips for Samsung phones?

Also, how is the FE? I got my S21 for 850 on black Friday, and I didn't realize how drastic the screen difference was between all the models, if I knew i would have gone with the Ultra or +, how is the FE compared to them in terms of features?

POCO released a really good budget smartphone this year I'm pretty sure right?

Apr 2, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
About a week after that post I got an S21, got any tips for Samsung phones?

Also, how is the FE? I got my S21 for 850 on black Friday, and I didn't realize how drastic the screen difference was between all the models, if I knew i would have gone with the Ultra or +, how is the FE compared to them in terms of features?

POCO released a really good budget smartphone this year I'm pretty sure right?

Reviewing specs of S20FE vs S21FE. there is bugger all in it other than the appearance.

I capped my budget at $700 which left me with S20FE5G vs A525G with the S20 being a better product.

My advice with Samsung is strip away their burned in apps and use all Google apps for crossover integration with other devices.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
dunno where to post so gonna piggyback in here...
i still own my 1st and only car that I paid for when I started working contracting...a Paseo 93...o_O, still happy mind you.

Now these HUD thingie, are they just a fad or are they really really helpful or even distracting ? (like a GPS superseded the trusty Melway)

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anyone with a Samsung Edge can tell me how to effectively use apps with buttons that get in the way of the phones menu buttons. Seems like a shitty feature that Samsung didnt give much thought

Samsung's flagship series (the S21) is due to be replaced by the S22 soon.

There a bit of phone-geek chatter about them.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Samsung's flagship series (the S21) is due to be replaced by the S22 soon.

There a bit of phone-geek chatter about them.

There were rumours of some delays on the S22 and S22+ but it sounds like Samsung Australia are saying Australian stock is fine.

Anyone seen any leaks on pre-order "bonuses"? Hopefully they're throwing in Buds 2 or Pros as the original Buds I got with my S10 just died.

There were rumours of some delays on the S22 and S22+ but it sounds like Samsung Australia are saying Australian stock is fine.

Anyone seen any leaks on pre-order "bonuses"? Hopefully they're throwing in Buds 2 or Pros as the original Buds I got with my S10 just died.
There were reports somewhere that the models might have a 'staggered' release - it seems some models will have a different chip manufacturer (some may be an in-house design) which could be an issue.
I have a friend who gets Samsung discounts so am considering one of the s22 models for my next phone upgrade.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Possible preorder promo deals (ripped from Amazon), their pricing is already up but seems a little pricier than it should be
Samsung Promo offer found on the Amazon Listing
Promotion terms
Eligible customers who pre-order any model from the new Samsung Galaxy S22 series (including as part of the Bonus Echo Show 8 offer) from Amazon AU on Amazon.com.au can pick one of (3) bonus packs to redeem from Samsung (“Bonus Gift Bundle”). Promotional Period: 02:00 AM AEST 10th February 2022 – 11:59 PM AEST 3rd March 2022 or while stocks last. Offer available on eligible purchases 10th Feb-3rd March 2022, with strict adherence to claim and redemption process. The Bonus Gift Bundle offer is a Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd promotion and is subject to the terms and conditions of Samsung – for full T&Cs visit www.samsung.com/au/offer/galaxy-s22-offer/terms/. Amazon is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by a claimant as a result of Samsung or otherwise as a result of the claimant redeeming a gift bundle from Samsung, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.

Customers who pre-order a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra can pick from one of these bonuses bonus packs to redeem from Samsung:
Audio Pack: White Galaxy Buds2 + 2x Buds cases ($302 Value)
Power pack: 45W charger, + Trio wireless charger & + a strap case ($337 Value)
Travel pack: Dual port car charger, 65W wall charger, wireless in-car charger and a leather back cover ($326 Value)

Customers who pre-order a Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus can pick from one of these bonuses bonus packs to redeem from Samsung:
Audio Pack: White Galaxy Buds2 + Buds Case ($243 Value)
Power pack Pack: 45W super fast charger + Trio Wireless Charger ($258 Value)
Travel Pack: Dual port car charger + 65W super fast wall charger + wireless in-car charger ($247 Value)

Customers who pre-order a Samsung Galaxy S22 can pick from one of these bonuses bonus packs to redeem from Samsung:
Audio Pack: White Galaxy Buds2 ($219 Value)
Power Pack: Trio wireless charger ($159 Value)
Travel Pack: Wireless in-car charger ($99 Value)

How to Claim:
1) To be eligible to claim a Bonus Gift Bundle, a customer must first purchase a model from the new Samsung Galaxy S22 series (“Participating Product”) from Amazon AU between 02:00 AM AEST 10th February 2022 – 11:59 PM AEST 3rd March 2022 (“Promotional Period”).

2) The claimant must then provide the below information at www.samsung.com/au/offer/galaxy-s22-offer/terms/ between 9:00am AEST 4th March 2022 and 11:59pm AEST 1st April 2022:
a)Proof of Purchase of the Participating Product during the Promotional Period; and
b) IMEI for all Participating Products. Instructions on how to find IMEI/Serial number can be found at https://www.samsung.com/au/offer/galaxy-s22-offer/

3) If the claimant has submitted the requested information that correctly adheres to Samsung’s Bonus Gift Claim Process, they will receive a Promo Code to their registered email address.

4) If the claim has not been correctly submitted, Samsung will endeavour to contact the claimant by email within fourteen (14) days of the claimant submitting the claim. Claimants will have fourteen (14) days to respond to the email to provide the requested information. If the requested information is not provided within fourteen (14) days, the claim will become invalid.

5) Claimant’s who receive a Promo Code must visit https://www.samsung.com/au/shop-gift/ (“Samsung eStore”) between 4 March and 15 April 2022 and choose one of the Gift Bundles above that corresponds to the Participating Product they purchased. Claimant’s must claim their Gift Bundle using their Promo Code, applie d to their shopping cart, before 11:59 PM on 15 April 2022.

Limits apply. For full terms and conditions, please visit:

https://www.samsung.com/au/offer/galaxy-s22-offer/terms

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.
I have an iPhone. I broke the back glass during first few weeks after the purchase. I use probably 10% of all the features it offers. No idea why I need a kinda expensive phone.

It's funny isnt it ! When I buy a new phone I'm like, wow ! look at that , oooh it does this...and that. Then it just becomes a phone with features i never look at again... But then when a new one comes out I want to upgrade.

Back