Games & Recreation Photography: Who's into it what Camera and Lens do you have and show us some of pictures thread

Remove this Banner Ad

maccas_no1

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Mar 3, 2002
Whincup's Garage
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, MUFC, Triple 8
Myself I have a Canon 400D with a 18mm-55mm lens and a 70mm to 300mm lens, I like night and aviation photography and also marco pictures.

IMG_9269.jpg

IMG_4322.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

G10 with some Lensmates.

I use it for hiking - I would have liked an SLR but they are just too bulky for what I use it for. Takes superb pictures (which I don't have access to at the moment;)).

Some really good shots there.

In regards to the op if i was taking photos of my car and putting it on the internet i would blur out the number plate.

I'm just starting to get into my photography, and took some snaps at the TDU over the week. Here's a couple I snapped (using a Rebel XSI and 90-300mm lens which I bought off ebay for 100 bucks).

3225007983_f47e49dee1.jpg

3213076814_d7f89ac05d.jpg

3225864266_eafee8bae6.jpg

3225008635_22dcb1db34.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are two really good photographers on this site that I've seen (and I used to think photography was just for gaylords).

Diego - who I don't think posts here anymore, but he has an awesome flickr page with some really good stuff on the city of Melbourne

And another poster... black something? Anyway, he has his own company and does shoots at all the major gigs in Melbourne - his website link is around somewhere I'll try to find it.

But they're both really talented.

I don't even think of myself as a photographer, but here are a few of my favourite pictures:
img25413636974xz9.jpg

img4440copy3653731fj4.jpg

img17844146215gw5.jpg

reducedtoshadesofgreybyrz9.jpg

glarebyeliiiiza49202694ja1.jpg

I don't use a great camera or any fancy lenses, just a crappy Canon PowerShot A400.

I gotta question. This may sound stupid but anyway. :p
Are you guys enhancing your shots with photo editing software, or is that just the effects of having a good camera?
Im really interested in getting into photography and atm using just a shitty cheap camera. I get some alright shots, but none of the quality of these ones. Seriously all of them a re really good. :thumbsu:

Err I use a bit of Photoshop on mine, mainly sharpening the pictures and playing around with the brightness and contrast. The third and last pictures that I posted haven't had any work done to them though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back