Photography

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 3, 2004
in a happy place
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
panthers, ukraine & broncos
I have posted some photos before from training, so it should not come as a shock that I tend to take a few photos when I am out and about. I entered some images to the South Australian Photography Federation annual exhibition (no crows ones though) and was very happy to hear this morning that 4 of them were accepted, with 3 being classed as 'merit'. I'm a little happy so I thought I would come here to brag about it. :D

Images on my photography facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.896648013779909.1073741839.648117978632915&type=3

and I have a webpage as well (I've exhibited and sold work) http://www.image-perception.com/

Now when the boys win tomorrow night, my team who are playing at the same time as the crows game (grrr means I can't watch as I will be playing) win, and this will be a very good week!

Distorted Reflections photo is really good.
I'm an amateur but have posted a few online.
http://www.panoramio.com/user/4939605

I love the reflection ones on yours. I've got a bit of fondness for a good reflection. ;) I still very much class myself as an amateur as well, but have been lucky that people like them enough that they have willingly bought a couple of my images.

I love the reflection ones on yours. I've got a bit of fondness for a good reflection. ;) I still very much class myself as an amateur as well, but have been lucky that people like them enough that they have willingly bought a couple of my images.
Well done.
I'm a fan of 'shadows' and try to seek out shots that include them, in enhancing the photo.

Judges at photography comps hate sunset photos with a passion almost more than Peter J delights in hating Port, GreyCrow so I don't really enter or promote those so much.

I've got some nice ones over Venice and in Goa, though. The last one is on canvas and up on the wall here.
4480799454_5650b380e4_b_d.jpg

4480790618_4d4367880a_b_d.jpg

Yeah sunsets can be cliché but like Ghost Gums by Namatjira , if they are done well they invoke a sense of awe at the universe. They can explain the idea of God at times.

I like the Venice one. The sun at full roundness yellow dragging itself through the water.

The one from Goa is just as good but , personally , I would have clipped the 2 people on the right out. Frame it as an empty beach . Look at me telling you how to frame photos ;)

The one from Goa is just as good but , personally , I would have clipped the 2 people on the right out. Frame it as an empty beach . Look at me telling you how to frame photos ;)

Oh trust me, I did nicely crop those people out when I printed it. :D The fun part of the Goan sunset was the sun actually set well above the water line because of the smog. Pollution does make for very attractive sunsets.

Oh trust me, I did nicely crop those people out when I printed it. :D The fun part of the Goan sunset was the sun actually set well above the water line because of the smog. Pollution does make for very attractive sunsets.
Should make for a nice photo when the sun sets on ports foray into China ;)

Ooo, photography thread...

I've been taking an interest for a year or two now and quite like it, although I've been slack lately. Here are a couple I got into the show last year.
http://imgur.com/a/fid3N
ndz79HI.jpg

QUKLgWq.jpg

Prefer portraiture though, I like having the control. Here are a few of my fav's from a bit of a series I had going to practice light manipulation. Obviously photoshop is involved, but the emphasis was on using flash and the right modifiers to mimic lighting setups (natural or unnatural), which is the key to a good photoshop job anyway.

gwqoSvg.jpg

wDLufJO.jpg

lUY5sCQ.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

really need to start utilising more of its workflow and image organisation features. I only really use it for RAW processing.

This looks like the Kremlin in Russia?

Yup. Here for the week. Will add more pictures as I go. Those were the easy ones from hotel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back