Photos of Players Wearing Unfamiliar Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

[

Does anyone else remember - back in early 1980, after Jezza had been sacked by Carlton, he did an ad for (I think) K-mart, advertising their range of football jumpers. It featured Jezza wearing all jumpers of the other 11 clubs - the gag being he was trying them all on to see which one suited him best. He finished in the Saints one.

I've looked around a bit, but can't find it anywhere.

Sorry about the delayed bump, but...

I remember the ad, was clever by whoever it was at the time (Kmart sounds right). I knew someone years ago that had the ad on a VHS tape - I think he taped it because it was replayed during a Ch7 footy show of some sort in the mid 80s. This was in the days when VHS was still all the rage. I asked him if I could copy it, but by then he'd recorded over it! I occasionally wonder if a copy exists out there somewhere...

A little left field for this thread but I'll post it anyway. Both photos taken at Carrara, 24 years apart. One club has folded and the other is in its infancy.

roInLwh.jpg

Rocket obviously a great coach even of reserves back at Brisbane, getting a bunch of short people to win the flag. Then at the Suns, he had a regulation size team, and couldn't coach them to save himself...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved Grand Final days back then...kids, then the 2’s before the main game. That game in particular got Milne his opportunity

I hate to harp on it as it's been done to death but again, why the hell did the AFL ruin the game?
The tradition of the curtain raiser was always a great outing. It brought sons and fathers closer together as you would get lunch ready, fill up the coffee thermos and head out early for a day at the footy.

From an financial standpoint, the game may have flourished throughout the 00's and beyond, but when we begin to look back on things many years down the track, simple footy pleasures such as the 2's before the big game, it is why there is a disconnect in the game today. Many children are turning to soccer and basketball and the parents are ok with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back