Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Which do you prefer for games?
Also are you a collector or a minimilast who sells as soon as finishing each game?

Myself I am a collector and prefer psyhical games.
Though I like collecting for certain platforms (GCN, Vita, Wii U, etc.) and games I will play not just for the sake of it.

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
Physical for games I have no desire to keep long term, since I can trade them in or resell to keep funding the next purchase.

But I'll go in on digital purchases if I think the game is something that I'm going to play for a long time. I wish I had bought the digital versions of Destiny 1 and Overwatch given that I played them for years. If the sales are good on PSN then I'll grab the digital version no problem as well.

Mostly digital for the convenience but man they need to sort their pricing out. Really only buy physical on impulse buys or for collectors editions now.

Jeba

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2002
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rangers/Cowboys/Stars/Mavs
I would mostly buy digital if the price was equal or cheaper than physical.

I don't mind paying extra for the digital versions atm if it has multiplayer that i want to play with my brother or nephews like Destiny 2 and MH:World for example . Same with some single player games like the upcoming Jurassic world game, i don't really want to pay $90 for it but my nephew is really looking forward to it so i am willing to pay extra so he can play it straight away. But a game like God of War, that i can finish in a few weeks i will get the cheapest copy and just lend them the disc when i am done.

Viney

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2006
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mostly digital for the convenience but man they need to sort their pricing out. Really only buy physical on impulse buys or for collectors editions now.

Agreed, Digital majority of the time - will occasionally pick up a physical copy if I'm at JB and something interests me

But you're right, the pricing is sometimes insane

I think the BF1 premium i bought when it first came out cost me about $150 for a digital copy

Thought part of the overall point was for reduced prices

Jun 23, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
La Lakers
Depends on which version is cheaper. Ideally, I’d like to go digital for everything so there is less clutter.

Used to be all physical, but now I don't really care. Wherever i can find it cheapest. Would buy exclusively digital if the prices weren't horrible 90% of the time.

Mitchemx

Club Legend
Feb 9, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Physical whenever possible. Cheaper most of the time and has resale value.

Why would I pay a premium to purchase a product that has no resale value?

Plus I kinda like having a collection on the shelf. I would only consider going all digital if it was significantly cheaper. As in a new game was $40-$50 digitally as opposed to the usual retail price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100 percent physical unless there is no other way to get to get a physical copy.

I love to have a collection of games that sit on my shelf. It's like my list of conquests lol.

vide0n

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Depends on the game

If it's something I'm super hyped for these days I have jumped at the option to preinstall and play the moment it's available a couple of times.. But more often tend to go for the much cheaper launch week special prices if I'm buying close to release

Lets_Get_Physical-feature.png

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I like having cases/boxart and for old games manuals.

Fired up Paper Mario TTYD on the Gamecube the other night.

That said I do have a decent digital collection on Xbox.

Even this is barely an advantage these days, they still need to be installed.

True. I'm not ain't digital just like my pretty pretty game cases lol.

I have a wall full of PS2 games and sometimes I'll get one out and stick it in the ps2 for old times sake. Digital just ain't the same to me.

10 years ago I was physical all the way

10 years later I'm about 90% digital and 10% physical (on both xbox and psn). For a variety of reasons 1) too lazy to eject discs (have heard about game discs getting stuck on both consoles and don't want that to happen to me).

2) Not much room left to keep my games. People hoard newspapers, I have too many games that I don't wish to part with. I clean out my least played titles every few months to make room for freshies.

The cost of digital games doesn't concern me..... I get xbox/playstation cards at cheap prices :). What will suck in years time is when the servers hosting the content get shut down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back