Preview Pick 6, 2019 Draft: Who Do AFC Target?

3 options:

• Noah Anderson

• Matt Rowell

• The Best SA Boy Available (please name in thread)

• Hamish Special (Please name in thread)

• Your Personal Favourite (Please name in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally pick 1 or 2 and a 3rd rounder for rankine and luko.
Rowell a gun much better than rankine and luko
Id take Rowell no question, Id love rankine at some point but I wouldnt be using carltons first to get him. Luko I feel will still take a couple of years to develop so his price shouldn't rise to much

Is Rowell just bigger and stronger than all the kids he's playing against or is he the real deal?
I don't think there's much doubt he's the real deal, he's not really that big 180cm 73Kg but he is very strong and mature body wise, played really well at last year's Championships as an under ager and has looked the goods early this season, unfortunately we won't see much of him until the Championships with his Carey Grammar/APS football commitments and then not much until the NAB League Finals, same goes for the other top prospect Noah Anderson and a lot of the Victorian Private school lads.

Personally pick 1 or 2 and a 3rd rounder for rankine and luko.
Rowell a gun much better than rankine and luko
Are you serious. People are forgetting just how good both Lukosius and rankine were at junior level. If it cost pick 1 and our 2020 1st to get luko and rankine to the crows..you do it every day of the week

Are you serious. People are forgetting just how good both Lukosius and rankine were at junior level. If it cost pick 1 and our 2020 1st to get luko and rankine to the crows..you do it every day of the week
I think we’d need to pay more to be honest.
Thus offering Jenkins with us paying a wage %

No thanks.
If they weren't sa boys you wouldn't care at all about them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Name me a CHF that has come into the game at 18 years of age and played to impress.
Boyd?
McCartin?
Schache?
Naughton's 19 in just his second season (4th in Bullies B&F when he was 18). Goes alright. But, yes, key pozzy players generally take longer to develop.

Is he and is he..how would you know that
He's similar to Walsh in a lot of ways but at this point on the few times I've seen Rowell play live compared to the many more times I saw Sam Walsh play live I'd say Rowell is the superior player inside, Walsh the better player outside perhaps due to Walsh's top end endurance and the way he covers the ground, very little between them talent wise IMO. Rowell the more harder nosed of the two, loves laying a tackle. Neither are what I call X factor players, they just do everything at a very high level, X factor players in my book are players like Jaidyn Stephenson, Eddie Betts, and wait for it.... Izak Rankine, all fit that bill better than Walsh or Rowell.

He's similar to Walsh in a lot of ways but at this point on the few times I've seen Rowell play live compared to the many more times I saw Sam Walsh play live I'd say Rowell is the superior player inside, Walsh the better player outside perhaps due to Walsh's top end endurance and the way he covers the ground, very little between them talent wise IMO. Rowell the more harder nosed of the two, loves laying a tackle. Neither are what I call X factor players, they just do everything at a very high level, X factor players in my book are are players like Jaidyn Stephenson, Eddie Betts, and wait for it.... Izak Rankine, all fit that bill better than Walsh or Rowell.
Cheers for the analysis. If you were in control of pick 1 this year bicks..what would your strategy be

He's similar to Walsh in a lot of ways but at this point on the few times I've seen Rowell play live compared to the many more times I saw Sam Walsh play live I'd say Rowell is the superior player inside, Walsh the better player outside perhaps due to Walsh's top end endurance and the way he covers the ground, very little between them talent wise IMO. Rowell the more harder nosed of the two, loves laying a tackle. Neither are what I call X factor players, they just do everything at a very high level, X factor players in my book are players like Jaidyn Stephenson, Eddie Betts, and wait for it.... Izak Rankine, all fit that bill better than Walsh or Rowell.
What about Anderson?

Back