Preview Pick 6, 2019 Draft: Who Do AFC Target?

3 options:

• Noah Anderson

• Matt Rowell

• The Best SA Boy Available (please name in thread)

• Hamish Special (Please name in thread)

• Your Personal Favourite (Please name in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Taheny kicked 5 against Westies in the league last night.

He's got something about him, but he's not Noah Anderson

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
he's top 5 for me, but anderson/rowell are on another level at them moment.
I'd be interested to see if we try and get 2 x top 10 picks for pick 1. The lure of pick 1 and one of Rowell/Anderson is too great IMO.

I reckon Stephens will go higher than Taheny too.

TexForPM

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
Zegema Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
Be nice to trade up to pick 1 and 2.

Don't know what it would cost. We probably don't have enough currency.

Rowell, Anderson and throw a deal at Grundy the following year.

Would set us up for a loooooong time.

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Question is no matter how good Jones will be did we miss one in Zac Butters . Me thinks so .

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Question is no matter how good Jones will be did we miss one in Zac Butters . Me thinks so .
We just have to stick with Jones. The one good thing Port have done this year is show faith in a whole group of young players.

We pick 1 or 2 each year to play, and we've got a stack of them in the 2s playing well.

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
We just have to stick with Jones. The one good thing Port have done this year is show faith in a whole group of young players.

We pick 1 or 2 each year to play, and we've got a stack of them in the 2s playing well.
Agree , i like what he's got ... it hasn't quite happened for him yet but he certainly passes the eye test .
Just looking at Butters skill set it is exactly what we are missing and he is a super talent IMO .
Jones will come through .

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
1559463208214.png

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Anderson please.

We need that monster goalkicking mid.

mickfaxis

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Be nice to trade up to pick 1 and 2.

Don't know what it would cost. We probably don't have enough currency.

Rowell, Anderson and throw a deal at Grundy the following year.

Would set us up for a loooooong time.

We'd need to trade a B Crouch or Wayne Milera and pick 19 to get Pick 2.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s difficult to watch some of the selections we could have had running around playing well, when out top pick hasn’t really looked like holding down a spot.

But it’s a long game, just have to be patient.

Gallucci a classic example - taking a while but I think he will add some real class to our midfield as time goes on

Even if we do end up with pick #1 and decide we want to trade down for two or more mid-r1 picks, it wont be easy to do that, I think.

Obviously getting the first one is easy but the second one would be hard, the third one even harder. GC have #2 & #13 but they're probably unlikely to be interested, GWS is the only other club with 2 firsts (#7 & #16) and have their own problems getting their Academy player and more.

So getting 2 or 3 r1 picks for #1 will need to involve two or more clubs. Maybe if there was a big name player changing clubs maybe we could get involved and dig out a mid-r1 pick somehow.

While the speculation is interesting for discussion, I think until we know which teams want our Pick 1 and the speculative draft order of the talent order has reached equilibrium its hard to know what may or may not be acceptable for Pick 1.

Im not saying we do it, but opening up dialogue would be interesting and also be a great learning tool for the Club as well. We have never had this much power in a draft.

Lets just remember the desperation SOS had for Stocker and it cost them Pick 1.

Maybe another Club is desperate for Pick 1 and offers us three 1sts. Its a pipe dream, but worthwhile discussions Im sure will be had.

SOS wanted three 1sts for his Pick 1, probably knowing its massive overs but we or Port may have been desperate enough to pay up.

Back