Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglevision

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2023
AFL Club
West Coast
Dees send 3,11,13 to eagles for 1 and maybe 34 back.
Get 3,48 from hawks for 5,25,33.
Get 11 for Grundy paying all of his salary for 2 years of remaining 4.
Means 5, 17 and 20. Nope, and we’ll miss Reid, McKercher and Curtin (if North have any common sense). No way on Earth Swans give Dees 11, regardless of salary. 2 and 3 or it’s nothing. Preferably nothing.

beagles

Debutant
Jun 25, 2023
AFL Club
West Coast
Interesting scenario/rumour surrounding GC trading King to Hawks for two 1st round picks, this year and next. Trading King this year could give the best leverage.

Would WC trade pick 1 for picks 3, 4 and a future pick, especially if North don’t get the McKay compensation pick 3?

McKercher & one of Duursma or Curtin or Watson

Caligo

Premiership Player
Aug 18, 2023
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting scenario/rumour surrounding GC trading King to Hawks for two 1st round picks, this year and next. Trading King this year could give the best leverage.

Would WC trade pick 1 for picks 3, 4 and a future pick, especially if North don’t get the McKay compensation pick 3?

Gosh I hope not.

Hopefully hawthorn continue their progression and when King (or someone similar) is a free agent we look to do the deal.

Richmond and Geelong showed the way with Lynch and Cameron.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Where's the rumour from? Haven't heard it.

Ura

Senior List
Sep 11, 2023
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I like King but super injury prone. Huge upside though.

I think only situation trade for 1 would happen is concerns around home for Reid or Eagles very confident on Curtin more so a combo of both.
If the trade happened the Eagles are in prime position to know exactly what they want to about Curtin. In that event I wouldn’t count them out on a good call either. Last year I think they nailed the draft. So did North.

bzparkes

Harley Reid doesn't want to play for North
May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I like King but super injury prone. Huge upside though.

I think only situation trade for 1 would happen is concerns around home for Reid or Eagles very confident on Curtin more so a combo of both.
If the trade happened the Eagles are in prime position to know exactly what they want to about Curtin. In that event I wouldn’t count them out on a good call either. Last year I think they nailed the draft. So did North.
I actually don't think WCE are particularly interested in Curtin. They hadn't met with him as of a couple of months ago and by the same time, North had reportedly met with him twice already.

If they do trade, it's more likely they take McKercher, IMO.

bzparkes

Harley Reid doesn't want to play for North
May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Because next year they both do and you can trade them out to next year.

Seriously....
What FS and NGA's do WCE have to bid on next year?

Champion?

Currently can't bid within 40 anyway, so you're simply presuming that actually changes.

Ura

Senior List
Sep 11, 2023
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I actually don't think WCE are particularly interested in Curtin. They hadn't met with him as of a couple of months ago and by the same time, North had reportedly met with him twice already.

If they do trade, it's more likely they take McKercher, IMO.
Mckertcher is seriously good. Could understand the interest in him. Fast, more outside then in. Quick and long quick with nice finishing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you genuinely want an inside mid find a way to get pick 5-8 and take Sanders.

And Reid too obviously.

How can they possibly do that by keeping pick 1. Their only currency is pick 1 and their future 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Caligo

Premiership Player
Aug 18, 2023
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How can they possibly do that by keeping pick 1. Their only currency is pick 1 and their future 1st.

Not sure. But I would start by talking to Melbourne about Jack Darling and pick 20.

There are possibilities out there.

I wonder if barrass is absolutely locked in?

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure. But I would start by talking to Melbourne about Jack Darling and pick 20.

There are possibilities out there.

I wonder if barrass is absolutely locked in?
I wonder what Darling would have to say about that.

FB19

Club Legend
Feb 2, 2022
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Cry. Cry some more. Get Simpson to make hypocritical speeches and lie. Then make the AFL watch the swans eagles game.

Red Black and Blue

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
I find it hard to argue that. Wouldn’t say low influence position unless great midfield. I would say you need a great KPD to be a great team. The one thing most finals teams had is a dynamic KPD.

Pies - Moore
Lions - Andrews
Giants - Taylor
Blues - Weitering
Dees - May

Port lacking maybe Allir but one geared

Saints have a ok mid field with Wilke who is great
Dogs have great midfield without star KPD

Time moves fast. Dogs don't really have a great midfield anymore. Dunkley gone, Smith doesn't care, Macrae has regressed. It's pretty much just Bont and Libba scrapping it out in there. Compared to Collingwood, thats 1 Tom Mitchell and 1 Pendlebury. Who is their De Goey, Daicos x 2, Adams, Sidebottom, Crisp?

Why were Andrews and Moore absolute non-factors on Grand final day? Because the respective ball users in both sides played around them.

Where were Carlton, Saints, Giants last year when they had all those guys fit and in their primes last year?

Last year De Koning was the only premiership KPD and he had a worse 1v1 rating than Ben McKay did this year.

Is having great KPD an advantage sure? But you can win a flag without them by having a nice balance of defensive pressure from the midfield, a mix of mid sized defenders that roll across to help support and not expose you to many 1 on 1s.

If you want to risk high end draft picks on them, be my guest. But I think the reward of getting a Weitering is not worth the risk of missing out on an Oliver. If Carlton had made that choice, they would already have a premiership IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad