Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we are scared to trade pick 1 in case Reid dominates for whoever gets him.

FOMO 100%

I think we just need to take Reid.

Saying that I am 100% prepared for us to cave and bend over to pressure and do some weird non sensical trade.

Good times as an Eagle fan

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nick Dal Santo reckons Tigs should trade Dusty and Lynch for pick 1 and 26............ I'm just turning off trade radio now until deadline day.

Nick Dal Santo reckons Tigs should trade Dusty and Lynch for pick 1 and 26............ I'm just turning off trade radio now until deadline day.
Imagine the thought process going through the brain on the person who thinks offloading 2 blokes close to retirement will net a club pick 1...

Imagine the thought process going through the brain on the person who thinks offloading 2 blokes close to retirement will net a club pick 1...
**** I hate this time of year.

Jack's a local boy who is contracted for 2 more years.
Also has a chance to play 300 games for the club.

Would be staggered if he wanted to leave.
Yep, it all makes sense. Still think a flag is a pretty big lure.

I can imagine him sitting there with a grin thinking "Why am I wasting my time in the media when I'm thinking up these trade beauties"

Not sure. But I would start by talking to Melbourne about Jack Darling and pick 20.

There are possibilities out there.

I wonder if barrass is absolutely locked in?

Darling has next to no value. He is in his 30’s and has been poor for 2 years.

Barass and Ryan are the only players on their list that have significant value and are at an age they could let go. Barass looks locked in and I haven’t heard anything about Ryan wanting out who is from WA.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barass and Ryan are the only players on their list that have significant value and are at an age they could let go. Barass looks locked in and I haven’t heard anything about Ryan wanting out who is from WA.

For a team like Melbourne, who have the team but not the forwards, are closer to the end of their window than the beginning, and have draft capital, we would get something decent from them if Darling was open to it. Most other clubs, I agree, he wouldn't have a huge amount of value.

I think Melbourne wins the flag this year if they had a Darling or a Walker on their list.

Exactly what one of them might cost I am not sure, but Melbourne really need to do something about their forward line, even if it means overpaying a bit.

Time moves fast. Dogs don't really have a great midfield anymore. Dunkley gone, Smith doesn't care, Macrae has regressed. It's pretty much just Bont and Libba scrapping it out in there. Compared to Collingwood, thats 1 Tom Mitchell and 1 Pendlebury. Who is their De Goey, Daicos x 2, Adams, Sidebottom, Crisp?

Why were Andrews and Moore absolute non-factors on Grand final day? Because the respective ball users in both sides played around them.

Where were Carlton, Saints, Giants last year when they had all those guys fit and in their primes last year?

Last year De Koning was the only premiership KPD and he had a worse 1v1 rating than Ben McKay did this year.

Is having great KPD an advantage sure? But you can win a flag without them by having a nice balance of defensive pressure from the midfield, a mix of mid sized defenders that roll across to help support and not expose you to many 1 on 1s.

If you want to risk high end draft picks on them, be my guest. But I think the reward of getting a Weitering is not worth the risk of missing out on an Oliver. If Carlton had made that choice, they would already have a premiership IMO.

On the other hand it was the recruiting of May and Lever that really got the Dees going. They were so great in defence that their forward line didn’t need to be supremely talented. And it allowed Oliver and Petracca to play more offensively.

A chance at one more flag must be a pretty big lure.
Not that I think it'll happen and I'm a fan of Darling, he's so good at playing with another KPF, very good taking others away from the area, opening the fwd line etc.
But I also wouldn't begrudge him if he did chase another flag and recon most WC supporters would have similar feelings.

Last edited:

Said the guy that supports a team that want 3rd pic for Mckay...🤣🤣

Not that I think it'll happen and I'm a fan of Darling, he's so good at playing with another KPF, very good taking others away from the area, opening the fwd line etc.
But I also wouldn't begrudge him if he did chase a flag and recon most WC supporters would have similar feelings.
100%. Darling and pick 20 (28) for pick 13 (19). No way he leaves but good luck to him winning another flag if he did and leaves us with a decent pick upgrade

Gotta love Trade Radio BS:

West Coast having pick one, to me it's not a guarantee that they take Harley Reid. From what I'm hearing, they are open to a conversation to how it would look to get a kid from their local state as opposed to the potential flight risk that Harley Reid may be."

- Damian Barrett

Both those players probably only play another 50 games or so at best. I though there is talk Lynch ankle hadn't healed properly, he might miss some of next season or even tbe entire season.

Gotta love Trade Radio BS:

West Coast having pick one, to me it's not a guarantee that they take Harley Reid. From what I'm hearing, they are open to a conversation to how it would look to get a kid from their local state as opposed to the potential flight risk that Harley Reid may be."

- Damian Barrett
We simply can't take the mentality that the only way to rebuild our list is through WA talent.
This year the best midfielder is Clay Hall and next year the cupboard is pretty bare for top end WA talent.
It would see us permanently stranded in mediocrity if we had such a mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back