Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine being so bitter about the compensation Pick system that you feel bad for Essendon
You aren't the first to point out I shouldn't be pitying the club who truly lived up to their motto "whatever it takes".

North are living proof that you can have all the high picks/players drafted within the top 20 and your club can still be utter shite.

I fail to see how it's going to get any better.
I've read your posting before. I know you can't see. You're a blind piranha

Someone please summarise the arguments in this thread for me? I ain't going to read almost 10,000 posts to find out. soz
WC supporters position: if we don't get a stupidly insane deal (2,3 or similar) we just take Reid.

NM supporters: lots of reasons why WC should take an ordinary deal for 1 (2,15) mostly involving arguments around go home factors that seem more hopeful than anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone please summarise the arguments in this thread for me? I ain't going to read almost 10,000 posts to find out. soz
North fans - Reid is a flight risk. You should split pick 1 for 2 & 15.

West Coast fans - Reid is not a flight risk. 2 & 15 is not 'extraordinary' (Rohan O'Brien's prerequisite for trading pick 1)

Every pick is getting pushed out. Potentially even your first pick if you bid on Walter. I'm very happy with where our 3 teen picks are.
And we’ve got a pick around the same mark as the ones you’re apparently very happy with, so not sure how we’re only walking away with 1 good kid in the draft.

North - 2 and 15, plus possibility of some extras, not sure.

West Coast - Toooooooo N Freeeeeeee and more or fk off

Close thread.

Edit. Forgot, West Coast are a big club, they are rich. North is s**t. Beggars.

That’s pretty much it

4 spots by players that aren't available to us anyway, just like your charity picks.

Probably similar quality of player available at that pick as at your ones too so still can't see how they are worth losing pick 1 over
I don't think the quality is terribly similar. The teens are full of ruck and KPP prospects so depends what you guys need at 30 I guess

Close thread.

That’s pretty much it
The beggars stuff came from other clubs' fans. Pretty funny though.

And we’ve got a pick around the same mark as the ones you’re apparently very happy with, so not sure how we’re only walking away with 1 good kid in the draft.
Yeah we have three mid picks at 5-8 picks ahead of yours. Happy to take them to the draft for Edwards, Shoenmaker and a slider tbf.

Close thread.

That’s pretty much it
That's an interesting what of interpreting North posters in here(and on our board, for some weird reason) humblebragging about having 5 picks within the first 20, whilst simultaneously stating they don't want to trade for pick 1 unless it's for a bunch of late first crap.

If North supporters are so against trading for pick 1, why do so many of them flock to this thread?

Nailed it with your second last line though :D

North are living proof that you can have all the high picks/players drafted within the top 20 and your club can still be utter shite.

I fail to see how it's going to get any better.
Come on, mate.

For starters, its a completely different coaching and development staff. You should expect different results. Development isn't about the polo shirt, its about the person who is wearing it.

And North have taken 10 top 20 picks in the last 10 drafts (and one was traded to get another, so its really 9). We haven't had an unusual amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back